TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

book ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it have to be a book? What about a newspaper article about any of the topics here in this forum, like "Abortion", "The God Question", Cars. In all the journals he wrote I can never cleary figure out any of his opinions to miscellaneous topics he gave us to discuss.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remarks in the journal did not seem to be indepth but the start of a discussion on different issues. The questions raised in the journal to the ideas and remarks in these postings could be the beginning of good indepth discussions for a book or your idea of an article.
jppickle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: title for new book Reply with quote

Twisted Evil hmmm.... new book huh... now the only reason i bough the first one was for the title... you knew it had to be good.... "don't stand to close to a naked man" come on how do u top that.

how about " Does a beaver slap its nuts on the way down" i mean have you ever watch a beaver go under water?... nuts float, they are in a bag... tail comes down, and whap! maybe this is why they go head first... so you dont hear them yell...

let me know.... jppickle@hotmail.com..... wait maybe i want this for my book instead of "memoires of a pickle" .... don't ask... wait for the book
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two ideas - either a straight-on autobiography or a book of essays.
jduck1979

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "The MORE POWER Encylopedia of Man things" - detailing some of the biggest, fastest & most powerful pieces of engineering on the planet..... perhaps publishing it as an effort of "Tim the Toolman Taylor", and maybe making a "HOME IMPROVEMENT: The Movie" to help promote it (e.g. perhaps following the Taylor family travelling the world to research the book.... perhaps similar to an update on the "National Lampoon's______Vacation" movies)

Perhaps splitting it into sections, like

Airplanes (747, Concorde, SR71, B2 Stealth Bomber, Apache Helicopter, etc)

Boats (Aircraft carriers, Cruise liners, Oil tankers, etc)

Bridges (Golden Gate Bridge, Tower Bridge, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Forth Bridge, etc)

Buildings (Skyscrapers, Castles, etc)

Cars (Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren F1, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Jaguar, etc)

Railways (US Freight Trains, Big Boy steam loco., LNER A3 + A4 steam engines, British Rail Class55 Deltic, HST, Channel Tunnel, Japanese bullet trains, etc)

Myths & Legends (Nessie, Big Foot, etc)

SuperComputers

Space & Spacecraft (Apollo, Sputnik, Space Shuttle, ISS, Voyager 1&2, Hubble, Viking, The Solar System, etc)

How it's made (Glass, Brick, Steel, Concrete, Roads, Paint, Ink, Booze, Superglue, etc)

World's Most Dangerous Animals (Spiders, Snake Species, Sharks, Big Cats, etc)

Natural Disasters (Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Twisters, Avalanches & how they work).

Facts & Figures (lists of winners of F1 / Indy500 / Nascar / Soccer / Baseball / Cricket / Basketball / American football championships & events over the years, etc + "I bet you didn't know" useless facts & "World's dumbest laws")
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kat_button

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the MORE POWER encycolpedia of man things sounds great
Lunar Hotel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Bailiff, Whack His P** P** Reply with quote

How's 'Bout a Sentence?

Judges do sentences? Get a bunch of judges to do a bunch of sentences and then you would have a pair of graphs.

Map it out into a book. Do a spread sheet.

The options are endless. Kind of like a Ford...
Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lika that AND YOU`RE NEITHER thing!! Thats cool, but what would it be about??
katz112

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a book: By Tim-about Tim, an autobiography. I would sure buy it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: