TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I'm Not Really Here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deafpower

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this book ' Dont stand too close to a naked man' and 'I'm Not Really Here', what it all about? if it reallie good or great do it been in uk already?

deafpower (",)
adamprutland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: am i really here Reply with quote

great book, skipped through it in two days and probably spend alife time working it out, unanswerable! Intrested to know an out come you may have if any?
Finding the answers is not easy, i certainly dont have any, im not highly motivated or sucessful, however i do have the same unrealsitic passion to know who i really am and do i exist, if im not really here why go through the motions.
Cheers Adam
Sophie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished Iīm not really here. Frankly, I donīt spent too much time wondering about who I am or if am really here. Of course, if there was a guy who said heīd know what the answers to these questions are then Iīd be anxious to listen to him. But other than that I just try to forget about these kind of things because whenever I think of it for too long I get really scared about not really existing and death - and I get a headache. So I leave it to people like Tim who are really interested in this stuff and I read what they have to say about it. (I skip most of this quantum things, though, wonīt understand them anyways;-)) Of course, this doesnīt mean I simply copy other peopleīs opinion and make them my own. I just consider thinking about other peopleīs thoughts.
I rather think about why we act/behave the way we do. Is it just hormones and chemicals which cause reaction and behaviour? Is there a free will or someone or something telling us what to do - while we believe itīs our free will weīre following?

Difficult questions......

Thoughtful greetings, Sophie
Jane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished reading 'Don't Stand to Close To A Naked Man' and loved the book. Yesterday I came back from a week in Maderia and took 'Im Not Really Here', Tim you are even more of a hero, I am scared stiff of flying but had Tim's book near me and through my pathetic tears during take off I made sure his picture was there. The book itself is brilliant, though sometimes a little confusing, I am suffering from sleepless nights so for this I do not thank Tim for I am now having even more sleepless nights thinking about the reasons why he is having sleepless night - thanks!
I really hope Tim starts writing another book, he is sooooo good, one minute you are laughing out loud, then feeling a bit sad, then you start thinking about what he is saying and then you feel a bit confused. Need another book A.S.A.P pleeeeeease.
Jane
xxxxx
sportbear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also relate to 'I'm Not Really Here' in many ways. I have read it a few times. I catch more and more each time I read it. I still like it. One of my favs.

How was Maderia Jane?
Jane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madeira was lovely thanks Sportsbear, kinda thinking if in a couple of years time nothing is still happening to me here in the UK I might take the plunge and move out there its very lovely. Of course Id make sure I could still watch Tim Wink
junkdogh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: RE: I'm Not Really Here Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this book and I have been interested in quantum theory and metaphysics ever since. His book not only tells the reader what he did on the weekend, (search for a car part, contemplate life, watch movies, go to the store, etc.), but he tells us that he is just like any other person. I relate to him because I am a recovering alcoholic and addict and I too have been arrested before.

I believe Tim Allen should write another book about quantum theory and philosophy. I never gave those subjects much thought in the past until I read Tim's book. He is a great author and I can't wait until his next book comes out called, "Wilson, You Are Not Here Either."

I don't know. Sounded cool for a title to me. But I think he should write another book, like the I am not really Here book. I would indeed enjoy it.
tigardtoni

Location: Tigard, Oregon, Usa, North American continent, Earth, Sun's solar system, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, lately I've felt...alone. Not really alone as in the friends and family sort of way, but alone in myself. Like the "me" that's not really there is the "me" that everyone else sees. It's like a movie. I watch it day after day and I think I can change things about it... but it's almost as if I can't. And for some reason I always start thinking about this book whenever I ponder this.

And knowing me, it probably has nothing to do with the book.
evergracex

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this book. It was perfectly written. It changed the way i look at alot of things about myself and others. I'm only 18 years old, so i havnt hit the midlife "crisis" point lol. I'm glad that i've read this book, it has opend my mind to a whole lot more.
basketballway

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he kept talking about, in this book, his love for laura. didnt they get a divorce? that cracks me up every time.
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you come in just to talk against Tim? I hope no !

Come on, Tim !
basketballway

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no... i love the book and i own both of them. It just strikes me as odd.
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. That is ok. !!
barbara

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he kept talking about, in this book, his love for laura. didnt they get a divorce? that cracks me up every time

He probably did love her and probably still does, but sometime life gets alittle crazy, and things happen. Even divorce.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LadyWriter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not really here either. It is an interesting, funny book.

Take care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: