TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I'm Not Really Here.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.C.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: I'm Not Really Here. Reply with quote

I enjoyed this book too. Though for different reasons that I enjoyed his first book.
This books goes through Mr. Allen's discovery of himself over a weekend as he looks for a car part.
I think this book hit me just right, because at the time I was making a lot of my own self discoveries, so I could relate to it a lot! A lovely read.
Rob Somebody

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This my absolute favorite book of all time. I have read it probably 100 times (no joke). I have passages memorized pratically. Tim, we need another like this in the future!
K.C.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Somebody wrote:
This my absolute favorite book of all time. I have read it probably 100 times (no joke). I have passages memorized pratically. Tim, we need another like this in the future!

What Rob said!!!!!
Teddybear

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like I'm Not Really Here. Since I like dogs so much, one of the things I enjoy the most in this book are the parts where Tim mentions his daughter's puppy Spot. I think it's so sweet that Tim kept a picture of Spot in his garage. Very Happy
mneil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read Dont stand too close to a naked man.I enjoyed it though I thought it was a little short,Tim is forgiven as this was his first book.My husband read it after me and we talked about it.Hubby thought it was funny as he too would arm the street with toy guns and set fire to plastic soldiers.Now he just tries to repair things and makes them worse.I am married to a Tim clone.He really is that funny.
Anyway have ordered Im not really here I will recieve it in a few weeks.I will let you know what we think. Very Happy
lucal83

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally i got to finish reading "i'm not really here", it takes about 4 months but it is worth of.
first of all i have to say that only now i understand the presence of certain topics in the forum
beautiful book, an interesting walkthrough of life seen during a classic 40s crysis (time (a weekend) and space (tim's environment) are not important).
who can say if the discussion between TOOLMAN and TAO/MAN really happened or it was only in Tim's head, in his immagination?

but it doesn't care us to know....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Brooks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: I too finished it. Reply with quote

I too finished reading it, on christmas can you believe it. A very good read I was laughing throughout. I usally dont laugh out loud when reading a novel. I liked it a lot and would recommend it to any mid-lifer. I guess I should keep the book around since i'm only 24. It's kinda sad that I can relate with the enitre book since i'm so young.
Danny_R

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished my second time through. I was really stretching it, only reading a few pages a day. I didn't want it to end because then I wouldn't have anything fun to read Very Happy
But now I'm looking on ebay for Skipping Christmas. I like reading books before watching the movie. It keeps me interested, especially when there is a while before the movie is released.
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to find it in a bookstore also, its only about $10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Saltgrain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Not Really Here Reply with quote

Thumbs up. A cross between bouncing on the bed and levitating. (Don't try this at home kids! One will make your parents mad and the other will freak them out.)

Wish there was more time for this kind of thing! (Sigh!) Living life is such a giant habit!
Redwings19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Great Book Reply with quote

I loved the book. I first read it when my mom left for a conference one week several summers ago. When I saw that Tim's family was gone in the book it kinda freaked me out. It was a little depressing when he talked about his daughter and thinking of the Oklahoma City Bombing.

It was a great book

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got both of the books, hardback, on ebay, from america including shipping to the UK for just under 5 ($8!)

Smile Can't wait to read them

Thanks for making me laugh so hard over the years tim, and Patty (who's nickname on this forum i've forgotten! Smile
goldwing79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Just now reading it Reply with quote

My mom has had this book since it first came out and I just now started reading it and am pleasantly surprised by the topics that it covers.

I too, have spent many hours devouring scientific theories and principles and can't read fast enough. Curious to see how Tim is going to make use of his weekend alone. I left him at his office desk, on the phone.

I read it on the bus to work this morning, during break, on the bus home. The bus stop is at a park and ride lot. I sat on a bench waiting for my wife to pick me up. Should I call her? Should I continue reading?
After half an hour, I realized I had drove to the bus stop this morning. My car was in the parking lot waiting for me. I'm an idiot.

Looking forward to the rest of the book.
yellowmoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this book was flat out funny! I love it.

Matt
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read and re-read the book several times - even given copies of it as gifts. Even though I'm female, childless, divorced and never had a mid-life crisis, there were parts that I could definitely relate to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: