TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Funny story's and possible project...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LPMurray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Funny story's and possible project...? Reply with quote

So I'd been riding five days straight on my new Harley RoadGlide during the endurance ride I signed up for while working in Afghanistan. I'd been having bad luck up to now as I
checked in at the next station which happened to be in Sturgis during bike week. I showed them my personalized coin and got a shot of Jack at the bar, even though it was only
10am. As I cruised down main street I rode next to a bike who's rider must have washed it twice since he woke up that morning. He looked at me with distain, my bike was
covered with dirt and bug guts from my almost non-stop riding the past five days.

I looked at him and said, yeah, it was brand new five days ago..he pointed up ahead, "there's a bikini bike wash". Why not I thought. Even though I was in a race it would
do me good to rest a minute or two. I parked my bike and was talking to the proprieter to see if I could get my bike washed next, the other riders were there to ogle the beauties in
bikini's and wouldn't be too upset to have to wait a little longer. As I was talking to him the ladies starting make oooo, and yuck noises. They were all looking at my bike,
I said "What? It's only bugs." One of the ladies pointed at the safety bar on my bike. Stuck in the lowers with his little legs pointing straight up, was a dead bird! No
wonder my luck had been bad! I had no idea when or where I had picked him up the last couple days. When I removed him, my luck changed and I continued the ride...

This was one of the many things that happened on this endurance ride that I took after returning from working in Iraq. (Including Fallujah. My son was a Marine, I was there
as a contractor.) The ride did impact my life as a guilt I was wrongly carrying was taken from me on a purple dusk night riding from the Black Hills to the next
check point at the PineRidge Indian Reservation.

Yes, I have a book written about this experience and I am now riding the screen play. How would I find out if Mr. Allen would be interested in hearing more?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Comic Within All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: