TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

a MAN question
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: a MAN question Reply with quote

When a woman decides to take a break from dating...
does a man desire and become more attracted to that woman?

I ask this as I decided to "take a break" last year...and in that time I've been overwhelmed with men asking me out.
(and I ain't no Tool Time Heidi) Razz
Hotrod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every man is different. don't think all men would appreciate it though. some will, some will go crazy of waiting for a gal.
barbara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KatiePride wrote:
Quote:
I ask this as I decided to "take a break" last year...and in that time I've been overwhelmed with men asking me out.

I know what ya mean, I also had this happen to me too, I think its the fact men want what they can't have, and they love the idea of the conquer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classyB and xmasstory,

Yes, tell a man you're taking a break from dating and they suddenly become interested in you.

For me, it has been almost a year and I've had a few temptations to break my born again virgin/no dating rule...but I'm enjoying my new freedom so I don't give in.
I think I'm giving off a level of confidence that men are picking up on.
I do have a date next week with a co-worker and he knows he ain't gonna get none...I figure it's time to start going out again...but still no boom-boom Wink
I'll let ya''ll know how it goes Razz

Last edited by KatieSandstrom on Fri May 02, 2003 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barbara wrote:
KatiePride wrote:
Quote:

I know what ya mean, I also had this happen to me too, I think its the fact men want what they can't have, and they love the idea of the conquer.

Barbara,

I agree. I'd rather work a double shift, clean the house, wax the car and be alone than become another notch on a guys belt.
ClassyBroad

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KatiePride wrote:
classyB and xmasstory,

Yes, tell a man you're taking a break from dating and they suddenly become interested in you.

For me, it has been almost a year and I've had a few temptations to break my born again virgin/no dating rule...but I'm enjoying my new freedom so I don't give in.
I think I'm giving off a level of confidence that men are picking up on.

Wait a minute.... I have to say it TO A MAN? I have to find one first!! Well, of course, I know some, but they're either married or I'm not interested... and if I say the magic words and THEY get interested, that'd be bad.
By the way, your whole post is hilarious. Too bad we all can't go out for a girls' night out. We could all wear buttons that say "No Boom Boom by Choice".

-Joanne
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassyB,

No, you don't need to "say" it to a guy... It's when they ask you, "so, what do you do for fun?" "do you have a boyfriend?" "where have you been all my life?" etc etc etc.... all of those cheesy lines....that's when you tell them the "no boom boom law."

Yeah, a girls "no boinkin" night out would be fun. I think that's what my date next week is going to be like. My boss and her husband are on a mission to fix me up with guys, so they keep trying to create these "double dates."
lg

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: sha boom da boom Reply with quote

You girls are too funny! My God, have men changed NONE since I was out there? In those old days, if you told a man you were unavailable for whatever reason, he couldn't have wanted you more. What a comfort to know some things never change. If men hold emotions in, and women pour them out, don't women need to get screwdrivers, hammers, crow bars, etc. to fix the problem? Instead of purses, carry toolboxes, and see what happens? If the only men available are married or undersirable, maybe weekend journeys to some other place would help? Like a Home Depot? A class in installing toilets? Laying tile? Something where you could scratch and spit and dust the cleavage of your butt crack with bronzer? Lie by the pool with the Reader's Digest Home Repair book? Go to a car show, and lean over the hood (re: butt crack)? Go to the hardware store and run your hands up and down the handles of the hammers? Say 'oohh' alot? Any of this helpin'?
cats567

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Hello LG

RRRR.RRRR. You forgot "FOOTBALL,and all those rough sports. I like the Sears department store too. When I go into the tool department I feel like I am on an adventure. I see all these big beautiful tools, now I know why TA likes sears so much.
Well see ya later.

RRRR.RRRR.

Cats567
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
a woman

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: the ace hardware man Reply with quote

See, I'm a SOUTHERN woman. What they say is true, in a way...we know how to treat a man without them knowing they're being treated, so to speak. (oh boy...I can see TA rolling his eyes now) Still, there's a lot to say for the sexes being different, and knowing how to use that difference to meet, somewhere near the middle. Most men are scared to death of a thinking woman when they shouldn't be, OR they believe they know what a woman is thinking. Nothing could be farther from the truth, but men like that 'look'. They believe it emphasizes their virility. A thinking woman understands this. Rather than saying, 'do you have any idea how old she makes you look?', a thinking woman would play with it... because, she is, after all, thinking. Most women have a maternal instinct, so there's no bargain there, regardless of age...you have to go deeper into the psyche of the man, and that takes experience. Hmmm..perhaps I've said too much...
a woman

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: part two Reply with quote

oops...the 'thinking woman saga was supposed to end with...'take all of the older men who are marrying younger women...'
ClassyBroad

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: sha boom da boom Reply with quote

lg wrote:
If the only men available are married or undersirable, maybe weekend journeys to some other place would help? Like a Home Depot? A class in installing toilets? Laying tile? Something where you could scratch and spit and dust the cleavage of your butt crack with bronzer? Lie by the pool with the Reader's Digest Home Repair book? Any of this helpin'?

Laughing That is so funny. I actually DO go to Home Depot alot! Of course, it's under the guise of needing a light bulb or something; but I tell you, my eyes are open! I just need to accidently bump into the right guy and while he's saying 'excuse me', I'll blirt out 'I've decided to take a break from dating!', and see what happens.
By the way, KatiePride, how'd the date go?? Not too traumatic I hope.

-J
lg

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: stuff Reply with quote

No, no...go to the Depot with information under your belt! Like how many flushes a toilet needs/water usage, something that gives you a brain,and creates interest...THEN, after he's got your number and name, casually mention the date break, because you 'just can't seem to find a man with _____,' fill the blank with what you're looking for! I think men love the intrigue of a womans psyche...regardless of expert opinion. The energy has kept us going for eons...In my past, I always found honest frustration to be intriguing to men...when I couldn't get any further with something after having tried, or needed more strength than I had, etc. All of us love to be needed!
ClassyBroad

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lg, I think you possess much wisdom...

And I know what you mean. I never want to be a 'helpless woman', and I do as much as I can around my house (I LOVE the feeling of accomplishment). A person is so much more attractive when he/she is curious, or has interests.
I work mostly with men, and a couple of them have been so helpful when I ask advice about home repair (I have a home repair book, but I ask them for more details so I get the full picture). I'm sure they feel good being needed.
Hmm, maybe there's truth to the line in Cheryl Crow's song Marie: need is love and love is need.

-Joanne
lg

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: love/need/love Reply with quote

I concur. Seems alot of young people have too many guidelines for perfect relationships. There are none of those, and I doubt they'd be very much fun, if there were. So, young people, listen up! Age drops gravity on you, but in there too, are life-lessons. Be yourself, and lighten up. I swear, when you least expect it (and I think thats a major point) fate drops the handkerchief down your lane, and you'll be amazed. That's the nice thing about love..it has the power to amaze, rearrange expectations, and the like. People talk about being 'bum magnets'..like attracts like, so if your MINDSET believes it, it is so. Believe in yourself. I've never met one person who didn't have some good qualities, even if I didn't personally like them. (I hope they feel the same about me!) Goodness/graciousness/talents of all kinds seek like. Even Bonnie and Clyde were a love story. Set your minds and hearts on being in your own good space, and interesting things follow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: