TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Space...the final frontier.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimAllen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Goals Reply with quote

All great comments... I believe that without setting some big goals with specific plans, little will happen. Looks like unmanned stuff will dominate our exploration for some time.
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda sad isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lynx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know. Look at China who 2 days ago sent up their 1st manned rocket (and I say rocket as opposed to a shuttle because well, did anyone see what the guy was riding in Shocked ?) But, at least they have done it. As long as it is used for legit purposes, then good luck to them. For any country this would have and rightly so, been a big deal.

I would love to see someone go to the moon. I was a few years off being alive the 1st time. I believe that I will see someone walk on Mars in my life time, but I believe for that to happen, technology must be heavily funded by governments across the world.
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its great day for China, they are doing something they have never done themselves. I also would love to see someone go to the moon again, I was little when it happened, but I still remember it to this day--the whole family gathering around the TV to watch!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we'll be going back to the moon according to MSN.com's recent reports on President Bush and NASA and the space program.
Hotrod

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be cool to go back to the moon and go to mars, but I don't think it's going to happen
lg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: moon/mars Reply with quote

It's interesting that Pres. Bush is suggesting we have another manned trip to the moon, in an effort to survive in space. This is such a large vision...manning other planets and living in another thought frame. In many ways, it is exciting to think of going back to the moon for habitation; in other ways it is disturbing. Perhaps, seeking the future, we will look at the past, in terms of this planet. In order to go forward, we need to dream 'big'; in order to undertand the past, the same is required. My hope is that we will find a way to combine the two....
K.C.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was six or seven years when the first men hit the moon. I still remeber watching it and not even blinking onces watching them land and step foot out. It was almost a lifetime ago, and I still can close my eyes and see it like it was yesterday. Gosh I hope my son gets into the whole Mars thing the way I did watching the moon.......Talking about jumping generations.
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange to think that so many of the members here have never experienced a man on the moon. I hope they get to join in the awe of it some day but pictures from Mars...pretty cool too.
Rob Harvey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: The Moon Reply with quote

Cool Hi all!

Wow...never thought this thread would "get off the ground". Ha-ha-ha.

Interesting thoughts and ideas!! Very Happy Very Happy

Here is another...could this be politically motivated since it is an election year?? Confused

I dunno...maybe...trying to take the publics mind off of the war in Iraq?

Sounds too simple. Confused

Anyway....stay warm and cozy and I'll talk to you later.

Rob Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
barbara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
Quote:
Here is another...could this be politically motivated since it is an election year??

Ya I think your right here---it took him 3 years to decide to go back to the moon? Also what he forgot to tell us, NASA won't get extra money for this- they will take it other places in NASA--like the space shuttle and research.
Hotrod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's all politics here. What did you all expect??

Pres. Bush wants to spend 1000 billion dollars on a space program. Let's me see here:

- Economy - disaster

- Food - isn't any

- Jobs - nope

- Health care - what health care??

MOST IMPORTANT!

- Money - NONE / NOTHING / NADA !!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was surprised by the announcement since it is an election year. Politicians, especially an incumbent, usually want to downplay issues or plans that will require lots of money. But a plan that requires lots of money and whose government funding has always been a source of controversy.....well, as a Republican, the announcement really surprised me.
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, me above, I forgot to log in.
Hotrod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acristmasstory, every government has great and fantastic plans in an election year. And when we voted for them...no plan will ever be realized! And then for 4 years the government has a monopoly position and when those 4 years are over...the whole circus starts all over again. That's democracy....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: