TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's your favourite muscle car?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Testosterone Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once found a lamborgini in a junk yard that had been burned to a crisp, only a couple of years old on that one. It's rare, but it happens.
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did you buy it, and re-do it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MalcQV

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: (American) Muscle Reply with quote

67-69 Mustang (Fastback, has to be the fastback) Cool

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm just new here (this is my 1st post). I liked the subject on this thread, so I thought I would add a comment and tell you (well, actually brag a little)... I have a new favorite (I usually change my choice every couple of weeks).

Last week I was given the privilage of checking out a one of a kind Tahoe at the GM Tech centre in Warren, Mich.... Inside the GM Performance garage is a V16 Tahoe... yes V16! The guys there had to extend the front end a little to accomodate it, and it still had to be cut into the firewall...

Best part of this SUV build is, you would never know when you take a quick glance at it. This thing is the ultimate "sleeper". Turns out 1,000 horses at the wheels!!!

That'll get yer groceries home fast!!
deafpower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reallie liked the car one tim made it in home improvement they look hot and cool car is 1946 Ford Convertible
but im tell that i dunno everything about cars hotrod etc teach me Razz

deafpower Cool

Last edited by deafpower on Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
MalcQV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim and Gill had also a Chevy Nomad (got crushed by that I beam) and they had a 60's red Mustang at the beginning. Both cars were beauties. Much prefer those to the 46 Ford convertable.
Scary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect any car that sounds like god screaming....

But as for me, my dream car has always been the Kar Kraft 1969 Boss 429 Mustang Fastback. I saw a raven black one once that had so much torque it could spin the tires going 60mph. Sick I tell ya, SICK
Chris_Huth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream is an original Hummer H1. This time, i had an old Suzuki SJ 413, very old and trashig ;oP

But I´m going to be restore it. I like Off road cars.

But i also like sport cars. Today, i have sit in a British Triumpf Sport-Cabrio, 25 years old.
But i didn´t drove it. Surprised( The owner says no. Sitting only, but I have used horn Surprised)

If one of you vist Germany, you must visit my Hometown. We have a great Car Museum, with many Oldtimers and cars from every years.

http://www.automuseummelle.de/

And all the cars drive. Every Sunday, we have an Oldtimer-Invasion ;o)

Nice Greetings

Chris
car crazed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite muscle cars would be a 1969-1970 Pontiac GTO.

For the 1969 model year, two new engines were introduced, the Ram-Air III and IV, producing 366 and 370 hp respectively. The main difference between the two, was the use of either a Carter or a Rochester carburetor. Also added to the line-up was the 'Judge' model, named after the 'Here come da' Judge' expression from the 'Laugh-in' TV-show. The package included a striking set of decals and the easily recognizable 'Caroussel Red' orange paint.

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

car crazed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: 1970 Pontiac GTO Reply with quote

Here is a restored 1970 GTO with a 467 cubic inch big V-8 that cranks out 540 hp. It also has upgraded suspension and brakes.

Last edited by car crazed on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
car crazed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1971 Plymouth Barracuda

car crazed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge will debut a new Challenger by 2009.

Likely Challenger: Dodge prepping a rear-drive coupe to take on Ford's Mustang

RICK KRANZ | Automotive News

Posted Date: 6/13/05

DETROIT -- Watch out, Ford Mustang. Dodge is preparing a challenger.

In fact, it's likely to be called Challenger.

Chrysler plans to resurrect a respected name from the pony car era for a rear-wheel-drive Mustang fighter, industry sources say. The car is expected in 2009 on the LX platform, the basis of the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum and Charger.

"It is a two-door, essentially a competitor for the Mustang," says Catherine Madden, a production analyst for industry research group Global Insight. "They are really excited about it."

Madden says the sport coupe is planned to debut in 2009, when the next-generation LX vehicles are scheduled to be re-engineered and restyled.

"They would be able to make some additional investment in the platform, make some adjustments for that product" at that time, she says.

"The enthusiasm for that product," Madden says, is "very big."

Chrysler hopes to sell 60,000 to 70,000 of the cars a year, she says. An assembly site was not identified. Production of the 300, Magnum and recently introduced Charger is expected to fill Chrysler's Brampton, Ontario, assembly plant.

Chrysler officials are not talking about the car, but industry analysts say they are familiar with the plans.

Jim Hall, vice president of industry analysis at AutoPacific Inc., says he isn't sure Chrysler can pull it off. "They have a lot of stuff that has to be cleared off the table before they start playing around with that car," he says.

The redesigned 2005 Mustang has exceeded initial sales estimates. Ford expects to build 192,000 Mustangs this year, and most retail units are selling at a price near the sticker.

The 1970-74 Challenger was Dodge's answer to the original Mustang, as well as the Chevrolet Camaro, Pontiac Firebird, Mercury Cougar, and AMC Javelin.

(end of article)

There aren't many Dodge Challengers on the road so I'll post this one.

This 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible originally had a 318 cubic inch V-8, but the car was restored and now has a 440 6-Pack, a shaker hood, and a hurst pistol grip.

car crazed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Challenger should use aggressive styling like that of the new Dodge Magnum SRT8.

press release on the new Magnum SRT8:

With the Chrysler Group’s clean and efficient all-new 5.7-liter HEMI as a starting point, SRT powertrain engineers developed 85 more horsepower by adding more cubic inches, increasing the compression ratio, redesigning the cylinder head, intake and exhaust systems for increased flow, and increasing engine speed.

For more displacement, SRT engineers bored out the diameter of the cylinders in the HEMI by 3.5 millimeters each in order to increase the total displacement to 6.1 liters from 5.7 liters.

Compression ratio was also increased to 10.3:1 from 9.6:1, increasing engine efficiency and power.

Engine breathing was increased with new higher-flow cylinder heads, a specially designed intake manifold, and exhaust headers with individual tubes encased in a stainless steel shell, all unique to the 6.1-liter HEMI engine. Larger-diameter valves and reshaped ports in the heads allow for maximized air flow. The intake manifold was designed with larger-diameter and shorter runners for higher-speed tuning. Exhaust is routed through a large-diameter (2.75-inch vs. 2.5-inch) exhaust system with 3.5-inch chrome tips.

To further increase horsepower, performance-oriented camshaft profiles were developed to allow more air in and out of the cylinders, as well as manage a higher engine speed. SRT engineers increased the HEMI’s peak power output engine speed nearly 20 percent, to 6,000 revolutions per minute (rpm) from 5,000 rpm. Intake and exhaust valve stems are hollow, and the exhaust valve stems are filled with sodium to help dissipate heat more efficiently.

The high-performance SRT 6.1-liter HEMI is strengthened with redesigned components, including a reinforced engine block, forged steel crankshaft, high-strength powdered-metal connecting rods, floating-pin pistons (cooled by oil squirters), and an oil pan modified to manage oil return to the pan sump at high engine speeds.

Power for the SRT 6.1-liter HEMI is channeled through an A580 five-speed automatic transmission with specially calibrated driver-selectable AutoStick®, which offers fully automatic or manual shifting selection. A heavy-duty four-flange prop shaft sends the torque from the transmission to an upgraded differential and axles.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Ride and Handling

Chassis setup for the Dodge Magnum SRT8 is aimed at all-around performance with SRT-tuned dampers, specially tailored spring rates and suspension bushings, and large-diameter anti-sway bars. The ride height of the Magnum SRT8 is one-half inch lower than the Dodge Magnum, while the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) has been specially tuned for the 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8’s performance handling characteristics.

The all-new 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 will meet the road with a new wheel and tire assembly consisting of unique 20-inch forged aluminum wheels shod with high-performance Goodyear F1 three-season tires with asymmetrical tread (four-season tires are an available option). Tire dimensions are a formidable 245/45/20 in the front, and 255/45/20 in the rear.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Braking

All four wheels feature performance brake calipers developed by Brembo and finished in Dodge SRT red. Each is equipped with four pistons for even clamping performance. The Dodge Magnum SRT8 has 360 x 32mm vented rotors up front, with 350 x 26mm vented rotors in the rear.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Exterior

Dodge Magnum is striking with its raised beltline and roofline pulled down tautly around the windows. SRT stylists made functional improvements that resonate with the Dodge brand’s character and contribute to performance.

For example, an all-new front fascia helps increase cooling through integrated ducts that help direct air to cool the brakes. A front air dam reduces lift, while in the rear, there is an all-new fascia with an integrated wake modifier and aggressive cutouts to accommodate the dual 3.5-inch exhaust tips.

Dodge Magnum SRT8 styling is also unique with a body-color grille insert with chrome trim, satin-finish front and rear bumper inserts, body-color mirrors and door handles, and unique SRT badging.

Three exterior colors are available: Bright Silver, Brilliant Black and Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Interior

Inside, the 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 features power-adjustable, deeply sculpted and highly bolstered sport seats in the front complete with performance suede inserts to hold the occupants during maneuvering. All seats have contrasting red stitching.

Other amenities include “carbon fiber” leather trim for better grip on the steering wheel, and special carbon fiber finishing on the center stack.

Full instrumentation, including a 180-mph (300 kph) speedometer, tachometer and temperature gauges, befits the performance-oriented character of the 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8’s interior.

Standard features of the 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 include AM/FM radio with six-disc CD changer, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, power adjustable pedal cluster and rear cargo net.

Options available on the 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 include power sunroof, heated seats, supplemental side air bags, and the Trailer Tow Group which offers load leveling and height control.

Also available are SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and a UConnect™ hands-free communications system with Bluetooth™ technology. This system recognizes up to seven different Bluetooth-equipped cellular phones and responds to voice commands, utilizing a microphone in the rear-view mirror and the stereo system’s speakers for hands-free conversations.

The 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 interior is offered in Dark Slate Gray/Light Graystone.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Safety and Security Features

- Auto-reverse Windows: An advanced sensing system automatically reverses window direction when it senses resistance

- Advanced Multi-stage Air Bag System: Inflates with a force appropriate to the severity of impact. Includes occupant classification system (OCS)

- Anti-lock Brake System: Equipped with electronic sensors that help prevent wheel lockup. The optional ABS system offers improved steering control under extreme braking and/or slippery conditions

- Body Structure: Crush zones and stiffeners engineered into the vehicle body help absorb energy, while preserving the integrity of the vehicle compartment. These reinforcements provide additional protection in an offset-type impact

- Child Seat Anchor System: The Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH) system eases installation of compatible aftermarket child seats

- Constant Force Retractors (CFR): Front seat belts include a mechanical device that distributes the force of a seat belt according to the load or force exerted on it. CFRs are engineered to force-limit the belt system, and gradually release the seat belt webbing in a controlled manner during a crash

- Electronic Stability Program (ESP): This available feature aids the driver in maintaining vehicle directional stability, providing oversteer and understeer control to maintain vehicle behavior on road surfaces

- Energy-absorbing Steering Column: Manual-adjust steering column includes two hydroformed coaxial tubes that move relative to each other, which allows the column to move forward and provide more energy absorption during a crash. The power-adjust steering column uses a calibrated bending element that deforms during column stroke for optimal energy management

- Occupant Classification System (OCS): The OCS measures conditions for activation or deactivation of the passenger side front air bag based upon the weight of the occupant

- Pretensioners: During a collision, impact sensors initiate front seat belt pretensioners to immediately remove slack from seat belts, which reduces forward movement of the occupant’s head and torso

- Supplemental Side-curtain Air Bags: The side-curtain extends protection to front and rear outboard passengers

Twenty inch forged aluminum wheels hide four-piston Brembo calipers clamping on 14.2 inch front rotors (13.8 inch at the rear wheels).

The new Magnum reminds me of a hot rod. Here is a Magnum R/T.

Last edited by car crazed on Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
car crazed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge. It could be had with a 455 cubic inch V-8 with 360 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque.

Last edited by car crazed on Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
49Fleetline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Favorite Muscle Car Reply with quote

I'll take a 1962 Impala SS 409 and a 1966 Nova with a 327 and a 4 speed thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Testosterone Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: