TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fat Barbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Really Big Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ban the fat barbie!
yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

chronometery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Fat Barbie Reply with quote

Should they ban the making of the fat barbie? It's not OK to be obese. Why can't we accept this? Why should we tell womans not to strive for the best?
phillip j why

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why I bothered to come back on this.
I have these feelings 40% of the time.
Posts like these make me feel emotionally and intellectualy alone
I am alone
ngolden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - it's not okay to be obese, for health reasons. But a lot of damage has been done by young girls striving to be like Twiggy instead of being content with their bodies, so perhaps "Striving for the best" is not quite the words we want to use either, since it could point them to unattainable standards that supermodels exhibit. Dove has a campaign that is trying to help young girls who struggle with self-esteem due to marketing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qZedMTkkE

I, on the other hand, was a tomboy and did not play much with Barbies unless I was putting her on one of my plastic horses, and it never entered my head that I needed to try to be like her. Perhaps educating parents to teach their children healthy habits and to be content with their bodies (and teaching them that being obese is unhealthy and helping them make lifestyle changes) is more important than modifying toys?
Tanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fat Barbie Reply with quote

chronometery wrote:
Should they ban the making of the fat barbie? It's not OK to be obese. Why can't we accept the bathmate x20 works this? Why should we tell womans not to strive for the best?

Yeah I agree ban them, also ban the skinny as stick ones too.

A healthy weight should be promoted and it just happens that a healthy weight is also thin, not like a stick though.

Last edited by Tanks on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
phillip j why

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ban nothing
Ban everything.
Ban the crazy.
Ban the sane.
Ban the bag of salad.
Ban the good
Ban the bad.
Ban the origami swans.
Ban my sence of self loathing.
Ban my inadequacies.

Help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Really Big Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: