TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Is it worth it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillip j why

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Is it worth it? Reply with quote

So I went for a run today.
I am unfit, I recognise this.
While running I felt my lungs being crushed by what seemed like a building while inhaling the smoke of 1000 cigars.
Trying to get fit hurts.
Is it worth it?
chronometery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes@ yes.com it is! You know it's worth it deep down or you wouldn't have started! Keep at it buddy and you will be fit and heath in no time. Do it while you are able that's what I always say. Embrace life don't be a stone. Feeeeeeel things. Even pain is better than nothing!
ngolden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with chronometery - absolutely worth it! But to be consistent you need to find exercises you enjoy. I bicycle, walk, and horsebackride, but you have to find what works for you. Since I spend a lot of time in front of a computer either writing or researching, I make sure and get up every hour and walk around. I read somewhere that the best thing you can do for your retirement is to get into shape. That will allow you to have less doctor visits and you will be able to do more physically in those golden years.

There is a hill by our house that is always on our bike route home. I used to dread the hill, as it was at the end of our typical twelve mile evening ride on the bike trails in our community. I used to think about it before we were even near it. My stomach would hurt thinking about it. I used to hope for an excuse not to go that way. But I kept riding up it on every ride. Now when I see it, I simply smile - it is no longer the obstacle it once was and I love getting to the top and high-fiving the frisbee golfers that are there - they are amazed this not so young rider can achieve the top while younger riders get off their bikes and walk up it. Woo Hoo!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: