TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Pro Military

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Who is Tim Allen?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should all citizens of America say the pledge of Allegience?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

chief.sheets

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Pro Military Reply with quote

I am a two time army vet of the middle east wars, 03-04 Iraq and 10-11 Afghanistan. I have been watching the series "Last Man Standing" and I have to make a comment about what I have seen. The particular show I seen was where he gets the flag pole up and show how proud he is of his country and he tried to show his grandson the same. I was very moved by this because I am a school teacher now and I deal with this daily.

I am very proud of my Flag and the country I serve. Having student not grateful for the flag or for those who have fallen is very difficult to me. So I just wanted to say thank you very much for putting this subject in the show. It made my day to see this.

From my wife and three kids, "YOU ROCK!", please keep up the American Standards that are going to the wayside. Your show is exactly how I teach my kids.

Thanks for all you do.

Chief Warrant Officer 2
Joseph Sheets
Emrad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remember, waaaay back in the 60s and early 70s, when I was but a wee lad, the whole school assembling outside in the morning to say the pledge. And we said it with "Under God", and at the end we said Amen.

'Course, it was another time. Lots of other things, also, have changed.
Back then when you misbehaved badly enough at school you'd get the paddle. It made a frightningly loud noise and it stung like the dickens!
...Made one think twice about transgressing again.

It discourages me to see how many of our values have seemingly gone by the wayside over the years, not just pride and respect for our country and its history, but discipline and accountability as well.

I think the pledge should be said.
I was visiting a ham radio club not too long ago, and as their meeting was called to order they faced the flag and recited the pledge, hands over their hearts. This I had not witnessed in many years.
It was inspiring.

Emrad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Who is Tim Allen? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: