TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

ALASKA Reality T.V. Shows...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Really Real Reality Reply with quote

Emrad, are you talking about "Adventure Thru Inner Space" ride in Disneyland? Loved that one as a kid, I really thought we were shrinking....

This topic has now gone from ice truckers to the future of the past; that amazing ride was taken out years ago & I haven't seen one in the parks out here?

As for earthquakes vs. hurricanes/tornados.... hiding in a closet & listening to the sound of the roof being pulled off.... or having the earth shake you up like a milkshake.... it's hard to say which one I enjoy the least..... actually, having experienced both I'm gonna say I hate tornados the most..... Emrad thanks for such a nice read!

I'm still inspired to write stuff on Tim's site, but as ever, kinda disappointed he does not do more with it; considering there are just a handful of people who continue to check in on a regular basis & would like to hear something from him.... I dunno, maybe sometimes I just expect too much from some people.... lol.

Anyway....I do appreciate the fact he keeps this site going.

DCF, I kind of stay in central Florida for the most part, but St. Augustine was a great place to sightsee if you get the chance; I even went on a ghost tour; quite a few years back now, but it was alot of fun!

And... getting back to reality shows.....comments anyone out there in internet land? LOL
Emrad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, getting back onto topic...
A couple of my faves are, or have been, Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe and Mythbusters...
I'm sure there are a couple more but I'm not awake yet... still booting up... typing with one eye open!
Very Happy

Yeah, I think they keep Tim pretty busy!
I sure am enjoying his new show.

Anyhow, Best wishes!
(returning to my coffee)

Emrad
Emrad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

OMG!
Lookee what I just found!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA3uFkF1A9o

HA! I haven't seen that in decades!

Here's your E-Ticket!

Emrad
Emrad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some more info!

http://themightymicroscope.com/

It would have been nice if they could have found a place for Star Tours and kept this ride also...

Emrad
artist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Wow!!!!!! Reply with quote

Emrad wrote:
Shocked

OMG!

Here's your E-Ticket!

Emrad

"Your body will shrink but your mind will expand"......lol! Can't wait to view the entire video on a computer that won't freeze......will I see the giant glittery snowflakes & that big eyeball I recall?

Awesome E ticket find.....l'll try to watch it all tomorrow.....land. lol!!!!
artist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Let's Do The Time Warp Again...... Reply with quote

Emrad wrote:
Shocked

OMG!

Here's your E-Ticket!

Emrad

Finally able to watch it all..... that was an awesome time trip!!!!!!! I think a Disney reality show would be cool.... with all sorts of retro stuff..... Hey, Emrad, do you recall those flying saucers? That was a bouncy ride............lol!
Emrad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be cool. They have changed so many things in their parks over the years. To comprehensively document it all in one show would be no small undertaking, to be sure.

I do not remember the flying saucers, but I did read about them whilst digging around the web for info about Disneyland.
As for bouncy rides, I thought the Indiana Jones ride was rather... severe. I happen to like roller coasters, but to me that ride was punishment! All the sudden stops and starts and lurchingÖ As you probably are aware, pitch, yaw and roll jacks are built right into the cars so they perform most of the motion experienced in the ride. When we went on it the first time I learned real quick to lean forward and keep my back off the seat so as to let the car do all the moving, sort of akin to riding a mechanical bull. I could feel my hernias trying to pop out! I was working so hard to keep the seat from hitting me in the back that I didnít remember much else about the ride itself.

I really miss America Sings. In years past it was one of the attractions we would always try and see. Another one I really liked was the Circlevision 360 theatre.

Iíve a lot of neat memories of Disneyland. Unfortunately itís gotten so expensive Iím not sure Iíll ever be able to afford to go back.

Best wishes!

Emrad
artist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Reply with quote

Emrad, have you been to Yesterland? It's one of my favorite sites to visit:

http://www.yesterland.com/saucers.html

Those flying saucers were basically bumper cars. I'm not much for roller coasters anymore either, Test Track at Epcot is more my speed. Your Indiana Jones experience reminds me of the Back to the Future attraction at Universal Studios (Simpsons now) had a similar rough time because a very big person sitting next to me prevented the lapbar from holding me securely in the vehicle.... LOL. And, rumor has it they changed the boats on the Pirate cruise & now you get soaked..... hope that one is just a rumor!

I loved America Sings too! And circlevison; they still have that at Epcot, China & Canada.

Like you, I have great memories of Disneyland of yesteryear. I miss the submerine ride, all that sea life floating on their strings; loved it! I even recall a walk thru 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea with a giant squid...... that one is long gone!

Going to Disneyland as a child defintely "expanded" my imagination.

Like you, I'd love to visit Disneyland again, but have no idea when, as my situation now is almost more scary than anything you'd see at the Haunted Mansion.

Anyway.... Yesterland is only a dream away...........
Emrad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the submarine ride, when they were all painted grey. As I recall, they were powered by diesel engines. I can remember commenting about the smell of the exhaust at the boarding area.

The last time we were at the Anaheim park was in 06, or thereabouts.
It was obviously after the Pirate movies had started because they had made some changes to the pirate ride then. Tiny little projectors, amazingly bright, focusing images in mist, and, of course, multiple likenesses of Captain Jack. The latter had us scanning the scenery like never before, looking for the next appearance of the legendary captain.

It was fun.

Steering back to the topic (if it's not too late Smile )
One show I've caught a couple times now... I think it's called Life Below Zero.
About folks living on the edge where it's SUPER cold... places where polar bears roam... I'd be more worried about them than the cold!

Emrad
artist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: The Silver Age Of Comix Reply with quote

They made the same Captain Jack changes to the Magic Kingdom here, and they updated the ride to include mermaids, they "swim" underwater alongside the boat at one point, very eerie!

So staying on reality show topic, not seen the Life Below Zero, way too cold for me! However, last night I saw an online clip about AMC Comic Book Men, which I found very entertaining. And it just so happens I recently unearthed a huge box of my comics that were stored in an attic for over 20 years; exactly what those guys are looking for. Even some old 10 cent ones; no idea what comics sell for now, much more than a dime.

I would totally sell my collection to those guys...... true reality! Anybody out there in internet land have their number so I can contact them?
artist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

P.S.

So here we've been discussing Disneyland lately & I just turned on tv to see "The View" & see that Tim is in Disneyland.............

The reality is this particular site is filled with un-coincidences!!! Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: