TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Anti gravity generator
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Anti gravity generator Reply with quote

A friend of mine is trying to build a anti gravity generator.

My question is...do you think it is possible with todays technology?

Last edited by KatieSandstrom on Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
barbara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With todays technology anything is possible is you got the brains.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rob Harvey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Anti-Grav Reply with quote

Cool Hi Ya, Katie!

Is your friend using superconductors and/ or liquid hydrogen with the generator? Something about ....... a polar(cold) field being more suseptable to manipulation of energy and/or gravity? Confused

Just a wandering thought from a firefighter.

Later-Rob Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I don't know how he's building this generator. I'll ask him though.
It's a bit over my head, but fascinating.
Christian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
i think a lot of people are trying to create an anti gravity generator. I watched it on TV. A guy built a little model and showed itīs function (it wasnt as good as he told). Itīs based on voltage, a net (made of metal) and needles. By the way, it is far from that what i would call an anti gravity generator but it was a good idea behind.
Greetings
Christian

P.S. Do you remember the Hoover boards in the movie Back to the future Part 2 and 3? These boards were really cool Very Happy
ScottB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Einstein Reply with quote

In reply to barbara's point she made stateing that
"anything is possible with todays technology"

I have to quote a little guy that I've heard of, whose name was Einstein. He said, that we cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking in which we created them. I think that has relevence here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Grace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottB, good relevance with technology and Einstein. Expand a bit? I'm interested in knowing what you meant.

Grace & Kindness
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In flight school, while practicing emergency landings, we had to force the airplane to stall. During the 15 seconds of going into a dive/spiral, you feel really sick, dizzy, and weightless....

Now if you could just bottle up that 15 seconds of an aircraft in a dive...you have an anti gravity machine...or am I thinking TOO simple? Wink
TimAllen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Gravity Reply with quote

Its difficult to imagine with what we 'don't' know today about the nature of gravity that anything can be invented to manipulate something of such an unknown make-up.
ClassyBroad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Gravity Reply with quote

Good point. It's fascinating to me that one of the most major, fundamental things in the universe is so unknown to us. I predict that once we 'figure out' gravity, technology will advance by leaps and bounds like we've never seen before. Things we haven't even thought of (well, maybe sci-fi enthusiasts have) will be possible. And we'll understand things that we didn't even know puzzled us. Even metaphysical things.
That's my prediction anyway.... hope I'm alive to see it happen.

-Joanne
Klatu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Antigravity generators Reply with quote

Uncle Tim
For your amusement please reference a goolgle search for:
Sweet triode or
Floyd Sweet's vacuum triode device
Be advised this is not heavy stuff!
Just try and buy magnets with barium ferrite in them.
Phase conjugation is the key. The magnets need to be "treated" via a well known process which is also covered.

The device earlier referrd to using needles does work, it was pioneered by T. Townsend et al using electro static repulsion... all in all pretty interesting stuff.

http://jnaudin.free.fr/lifters/main.htm

You thought I was joking aye?

K
saltgrain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: gravity Reply with quote

Hmmm. Maybe what we need is a gravity mixer control of sorts. I mean, there are forces pushing and pulling all around the galaxy even as we speak, right? Maybe if they could be fine-tuned so that a balance is struck among them that suspends one, --of course for any sort of movement the tuning would have to be continual. Turn up the volume on the Moon, turn down the volume on the Earth, away we go! How funny!
Hotrod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go on a plane, go up to 9km height and shut off the engines...that is how they test the "no-gravity" thing...

but make sure you start up the engines BEFORE you hit the ground !
Rob Harvey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: anti grav Reply with quote

Cool Like astronaut training with the large airplane doing loops to simulate loss of gravity for a few minutes?

Rob Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hotrod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeppers Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: