TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

ABC/Disney's tv show G.C.B.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: ABC/Disney's tv show G.C.B. Reply with quote

In watching for news the past week on Obama & Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (having an "interest" in Israel/Iran nukes in general) I couldn't help but notice all the coverage being given to a new tv show called GCB, originally titled Good Christian Bitches ....at which point I thought, "Oh, Hell, no!"

The unlimited resources of imagination & all the talented writers out there & that's a show that gets put on tv? With all the conflict & controversy in the religions of the world, they pick a show to add to it?

Dear ABC/Disney Television Group;

I love Disney parks/classic films so much, I'm very disappointed that such a powerful network would even toy with the title G.C.B. I have learned from my own experience, when you tease/joke about someone's beliefs, ultimately all you do is anger the person.

As you've seen fit to go after me personally, as a Christian, I'd like to convey how deeply offensive I find everything about that show, from concept to title.

If your network is so desperate for tv show ideas, I challenge you to contact me, I'll be happy to give original concepts away for free that will entertain & not offend.

Seriously. Get a lawyer & set up a meeting.

You guys need help in the creative department....................

Last edited by artist on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzzz zzzz

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Isn't Freedom Of Speech & Religion Awesome???!!! Reply with quote

artist wrote:
Wow, I posted a message on the "yawn" topic the same day as this one; "yawn" has rated almost 400 views & only 20-ish here.

So....anyone out there know where I can write to ABC directly.... in case they miss my letter here.... Btw, I'm very easy to contact, just log into this site & private email me, or post public.

I know they're already hearing from all sorts of organizations that don't appreciate a show that "makes fun of religion"....portrays Christians as caricatures or "just makes fun of people who don't live their faith"; even Newt Gingrich slammed the show as 'anti-christian bigotry'.

The world for so many, is such an unhappy place. Christians in other nations still die for their faith, even today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9136191/Christians-have-no-right-to-wear-cross-at-work-says-Government.html

That link is for this case in the UK: Christians have no right to wear cross at work, says Government

Christians do not have a right to wear a cross or crucifix openly at work, the Government is to argue in a landmark court case.

Meanwhile, here in freedom loving America, ABC's GCB mocks the wearing of the cross........

Dear ABC/Disney Television Group:

Now...don't be afraid to contact me, I have a great sense of humor..... and you guys really do need help in what you think is entertainment.......

But you dont see Christians blowing eachother up....

I dont like the concept either. If you want some good christian movies, rent Hendrick movies....excellent story lines
rent "Couragious" or " Fireproof" or "Flywheel", all excellent Christian movies.
artist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: So There. Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, Dedicated Canadian Fan.

I only gave gcb one minute of viewing time; long enough to see a joke that was deeply offensive; I wish I could get that minute of my time I wasted back; lol, I already saw everything I needed to know about the show from the ads for it.

I have been really liking ABC's Once Upon A Time, I love spins on fairy tales. With all the creative power at their fingertips, they should cool it on going into religious areas. So much of comic humor is in "having a laugh at someone".....but with religion there is a fine line, once crossed it will not cause a mutual laugh, but anger.

So why go there when you've got all the creative talent in the world????? Cartooning any person's religion or having a tv show devoted to it is.... unnecessary.

And while I'm all for open debates on religion; Kirk Cameron recently said, "I believe we need to learn how to debate these things with greater love and respect."

Now that.... was very well said.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk, tends to think outside the box. Kudos for him standing up for what he has faith in.
Funny how society lets a celeb act like a fool, drunk or on drugs and its so accepted and usually on TMZ.
But when a god fearing person protects their faith by voicing religion...OMG its so bad....NOT
I a proud Christian
Wanna debate....Ill debate anyone...

question 1. How Did we get here?
question 2. What happens to us when we die?
Million dollar question? What if I am wrong?

my asnswers are simple....Creation...how else could this beautiful world be designed? The grand canyon, niagara falls, and more? from a bang? molecules? I dont think so Tim
When I die, I go to heaven
what if i am wrong? well Iam just magot food....If your wrong....ouch....thats gotta hurt....Ill take my odds instead.

I am living proof heaven and faith exist....what I been through. Through all my pain and suffering I seek God, and have and show how strong my faith can be.
Blessings
artist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzzzz zzzzzz

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you sow, you will one day reap, or Karma in the eastern countries. I do believe in this principle. It happens. Just keep in mind those who live by the dirty mind will die by the dirty mind.

Another good Christian movie is One Night with the King. Love this story.
And an oldie but goodie The Story of Ruth.
The Left Behind Series is okay, too.
Quo Vadis
The Ten Commandments
The Robe
King of Kings
The Shoes of the Fisherman

I can go on . . . . . . . . . . . .
artist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment, LH.

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think many of them can call themselves genuine Christians anynore.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone seen the Hendrick films?
I might as well plug them since they have incredible story lines. I do not know anyof them perosnally nor met them. Id like to but rent the movies
Courageous, Fireproof,Flywheel and Facing the Giants

In the last 5 yrs....prob the best films I seen. No billiondollar special effects, just incredible stories told, modern day bibilical way of teaching.
Couragious was as god as The Help.
artist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzzz zzzzz

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Sincerely...... Reply with quote

artist wrote:
LadyHawke wrote:
I don't think many of them can call themselves genuine Christians anynore.

The future for those who profess to be Christians & are not is this: "I never knew you: depart from me...." Matt:7,vs 23.

Hollywood must be tough on the believer, wave enough money under their nose & most will compromise for the job.

They should cancel that show & everyone involved give the ill-gotten gains they made to a good charity.......

Anyway......Dedicated Canadian Fan, not seen any of those you mentioned but thanx for more suggestions. All the creative power & ideas in the world & they pick a show with a title that never should have been thought of.

Dear ABC/Disney,

Nothing like play-acting what you think on film, and then hiding behind it, is there?

I'd say thanks for making the world a better place, but since you can't tell what blasphemy is, you might not get sarcasm either.

Still available for a friendly, face to face chat to point out the "error of your ways"............

I call them HYPAChristians....

I lenjoy watchin 2 and a half men...why? because its honest. There is no hiding or BSing Charlie Herpers man hoing or anything. I like the show because I can relate to Alan
artist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzz zzz

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
artist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzzzzzzz

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
artist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I breezed thru & cut posts because sometimes when you want to complain about something, "Less" is more.........

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on TV All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: