TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dream Reminders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Dream Reminders Reply with quote

“I get the notion the creator had us sleep as a daily reminder that our eventual transition is similar in tone to ‘falling asleep.’ It involves an element of faith that we will in fact wake up. And while we are asleep- time, distance and space are not relevant. Yet somehow we are ok with it. All of us, without exception, accept the absurdity of dreams as if we deeply understand that world.” - Tim Allen

Speaking of the absurdity of dreams….

Sometimes I think they are a bit more than a daily reminder. I had a dream Saturday night that I was with a group of people and we were wandering through a dark and moody place. There was noise, corridors, lights, chaos, doors and crazy activity all around. We were trying to get somewhere outside of this place, - I have no idea where, though. We would lose each other and then find each other again. It was so confusing. There was this guy we each knew, all of us. He always wore a mask, and the mask we each saw was a different one when he was with us. He knew of our innermost hopes and desires. He would offer us something very close to what we longed for and let us test-drive it for a bit. He would promise that it could be ours, if we would just agree to stay in that place. He came around mostly when one was alone.

I ended up making a wrong turn and found myself alone. Immediately, he was there. With little ceremony, he suddenly gave me the power to hear the thoughts of all the people on Earth. I heard/felt their fears, hopes, love, flaws, sorrow, vanity, joy, bitterness, empathy, and intense loneliness, etc. I was overwhelmed by the din and by the surge of love I felt for all of them. They were all so worthy of being loved. It was such a staggering experience I fell to my hands and knees. He began tell me I could care for them, nurture them, guide them, help them all, -- if I would only stay. I started to crawl away from him. Their millions of voices in my head, and his powerful voice outside of my head, were breaking my mind into little pieces. I had to get away. He followed me as I made my escape at a snail’s pace, urging me to help them, to stay and to minister to them…

I found a set of stone steps and labored upward. I came to heavy double doors and pushed one open to slide my way in and hoped he would stay outside. I didn’t know what the building was because I couldn’t manage to lift my head, but, fortunately the door swung open easily and I crawled inside and then collapsed on the cool tiled floor and closed my eyes. Another voice spoke in my head. It seemed very nearby, somehow. It said, “She has made it into a church.” I opened my eyes and admired the floor. It had three colors of tiles, including hundreds of tiny symmetrical emerald-green crosses that glinted in the subdued light. It was like a mosaic. I said to no one, “Just look at that floor!” The voices in my mind were trickling away like flood waters. I lifted my head and saw I was in a sort of antechamber.

I struggled to a sitting position and slid on my butt over to the interior set of double doors and pushed one open a bit to peer inside. It was a large room with pillars and a vaulted ceiling. The colors of the walls and the architectural flourishes were deep blue, white and gilt. A mist wound through the scene and scattered candles glowed silver, instead of golden. I heard murmuring, humming and the rustling of pages. There were people there but I couldn’t see any of the faces. I let the door close again. I was afraid to go in. I was afraid to go out. I didn’t know what to do. I shifted to my knees and put my head down and I prayed. I explained it all to God. Suddenly an answer popped into my mind. It was, in short, ‘You are flock, not Shepherd. Do not let yourself be confused. The most important thing is to seek the Shepherd. Never stop.’ I thought to myself, “Right. Okay do-kay. Let the journey continue.” I stood up and went outside to find my companions and keep pushing on.

Hmmmm. I think I’ve been spending too much time dipping into the vastness of internet, the bottomless well of humanity. It is just so raw, immediate and revealing, though! But, how precious people really are! Sorry this is such a long post. The dream still reverberates in my mind.
artist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Dream Walking Reply with quote

Becoz of my spiritual beliefs & having had more than a few premonitions in my life, I always look for actual meaning in dreams; like trying to figure out a foreign language, you know it means something.... but what?

So much symbolism, you describing a mosaic of tiny crosses while on the floor.... wow. The voice, "she has made it into a church."
Many interesting elements in your dream; love the part about "you are flock, not shepherd." Sounds like a guardian angel is speaking to you. Jesus is called the shepherd, you know.

Sleep enables a spiritual connection; Jacobs ladder in the bible comes to mind, as well as the pharoah who wanted his dreams interpreted & sent for Joseph.

Your dream sounds like an actual experience.......maybe it was.

Incredible dream. Thanks for sharing it.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my understanding....you dont sleep in heaven????
Too bad, I barely sleep here with my disease and attacks being woken up all the time. People ask me all the time how do you manage on 0-3 hours sleep a night for 6.5 years...i said sleeping is for when I am dead....LOL
artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Dreams Reply with quote

Dedicated Canadian Fan wrote:
To my understanding....you dont sleep in heaven????
Too bad, I barely sleep here with my disease and attacks being woken up all the time. People ask me all the time how do you manage on 0-3 hours sleep a night for 6.5 years...i said sleeping is for when I am dead....LOL

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord".... I don't believe there is sleep after death; r.i.p. & "sleep" is used to describe those who have departed from this life.

I'm sorry you have the pain that you do;

"For we know that the whole creation groaneth & travaileth in pain together..." Romans 8, vs. 22

What I believe, is of course, bible based; not meant to be an argument to anyone.

At any rate, I'm always interested in the world of dreams; I noted SLB & I each had unusual/intense dream in the same week; w/similar theme.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am christian, no apolgy needed....thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: