TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The Great Blue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: The Great Blue Reply with quote

This is a part of a dream that I had. I dreamed that I found myself on a silver beach on a hazy, warm late afternoon. I saw a lot of people in the surf about a quarter of a mile down the beach so I started walking in that direction. As I drew closer I saw that they were trying to walk out into the ocean and were being pummeled by the waves. Women with their children were knocked head over heels and big strong men were battered by huge waves breaking over their heads. Then they would get back up and march right back into the surf and the punishment would begin all over again.

I marveled that they did not do the things we learned as children playing in the waves. I ran to them and joined them and tried to explain. “Watch,” I said, “As the wave approaches you bend your knees a bit and get ready to jump straight up in the air, as high as you can!” I showed them how that worked. “Or,” I said, “You can dive right under a big wave and come up on the other side!” I showed them how they could do that. “All you have to do is get out a little beyond where the waves are breaking and then you can swim in a nice calm sea. It is wonderful swimming out there and you can float around and look at the sky and the ocean.” They started trying to do those things themselves and in no time they had the knack of it. We all swam out beyond the surf and had a great time playing and swimming together.

Sometimes it is the child inside that has the answers. You all probably know that already, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: