TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Yawn Of The Yeti
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrad

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping I can remember how I did this:
Over on flickr I clicked on one of my photos & then brought up "view all sizes" (so I could select a small photo that would fit on this page & not take too long to load). Once I had it up I right clicked on the photo and selected copy image location from the pop up menu...
Then I came back here into the composition page.
On the composition page, if you'll notice directly above the top of the writing pane, there is a little gray bar... above that are a row of buttons, three on the left to format text, then quote, code, list, list=, img and URL.
If you hold your cursor over the various buttons, you'll see different things appear in that little gray bar... mouse over Img, and you'll see it display this:
[img]http://image_url[/img] showing you the format to put the tags and the URL in between.

When you click on the "Img" button, [img] will appear in the writing pane.
Directly to the right of that I right clicked and then clicked "paste".
That inserted the image URL to the right of [img].
If [/img] dosen't get inserted after the URL automatically, click "close tags", which should insert that... I think!

Very Happy

Hope that helps!

Emrad
artist

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: 67,597 It Was Two That Equaled Four Reply with quote

Emrad, so nice of you to take the time to instruct me; a few others have tried in the past as well; I don't have a flicker account, but I'll see about getting one.

In the meantime, did you click on the link to my twitter photo?

It was two ufo's flying around that collided & blew up & then became four that flew away.

Whatever it was is fascinating............ seriously.

On a humorous note, read the pope would convert aliens from another planet to Christianity should any arrive on earth.....

I would have found the idea funnier before the ufo photo.

Anyway, what do you think of the picture?

Last edited by artist on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emrad

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did.
Very interesting... not sure what to make of it.
Hard to guess which direction the different lights are moving in the frame.

BTW, I've been enjoying the Documentary program, Close Encounters... all reconstructed from UFO reports. The special effects are not too bad!
It's cool to be able to look at so many accounts all in one place. I feel it gives one a bit of an opportunity to look for consistencies/inconsistencies, patterns... for example, they showed at least a couple accounts that might tend to suggest UFOs with an interest in collecting water. One from a pond, another from a water tower... I've never heard any stories like that before.

The Pope might do well to consider that proposal carefully... what if Christ turned out to be one of them? Razz

Emrad
Emrad

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Then again, maybe they were putting something in the water...
I don't like to think about that one...

Emrad
artist

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: 67,655 the unknown continues Reply with quote

Emrad wrote:
...Then again, maybe they were putting something in the water...
I don't like to think about that one...

Emrad

"Putting something in the water..." lol, have you been reading Stephen King novels lately as well? Hey, I saw part of another history channel hangar 1 & ufo's also like to hang out at nuclear power plants.

And it's too bad my cousins couldn't have got better photos; it kind of looks like a couple orbs of light where the ufo was after the explosion....from two to four which then flew away.....

An experimental drone? Well, after this I'm now open minded to the possibility of ufo disinformation.

So funny, all those silent readers still have no comment on this very interesting conversation....
artist

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: 67,688 S.O.S Save Our Swamp Reply with quote

Doing a lot of internet retractions lately.

I am all things Brackwater Swamp, creatively speaking.

As ever, this is my favorite "go to" site for important questions..... but never mind.

Sincerely, Brackwater Swamp Inc., Brackwater Swamp Productions, Brackwater Swamp Films, Brackwater Swamp Poetry, Brackwater Swamp Goblins, Brackwater Swamp Studio, Brackwater Swamp Beer, snacks, clothing etc. etc. etc.......
artist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: 70,005 caring readers Reply with quote

If anyone can suggest a better site for me to blog this story on I would appreciate it greatly......

I will be writing my memoirs w/ personal family photos, from the groovey 60's to the present.

Remembering who I was should help me figure out where I'm going..... heaven knows I need some directions at this point in my journey.

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: 70,037 hello out there!!!! Reply with quote

I did a web search by typing "Orville in the covered wagon" & found out more about him than when I met him as a kid. They actually sell vintage postcards of him!

http://picclick.com/Western-Here-Comes-Orville-MAN-370610643836.html

Wow, my life story is totally vintage photos.........

The "all about me" project is in the beginning phase, again, anyone who would kindly suggest blog sites that pay, or publishers of memoirs, I would appreciate it.

One of the many reasons I will be revealing my life story in a public place is that I hope to meet new friends, and maybe find someone who likes the same things I do.

Not holding my breath at this point but there's always hope.............

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: 70,241 & All 4 Fun Reply with quote

There is something magical about an old photograph that brings back the memories of being there... maybe time travel really is possible.

With a treasure trove of thousands of photos, it will be a while before I get to the chapter about having fun writing on this site and being puzzled about the silent reader phenomenon.

So, over two hundred views since my last post here.... is it possible it's only one reader who keeps hitting this particular blog? One in 8 suffers from internet addiction disorder or so I read recently......... lol.

Note to Tim: I think I make people laugh on this site..... but who knows? xoxo

Internet sharks/scams abound. Again, this is a sincere request, if anyone knows of a blog site that pays the blogger, or a publisher interested in true life stories, or vintage photos of American family life in the 60 & 70's please let me know. You can post publically or private message me here.

Thanks!!!!!

XOXO all

Last edited by artist on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
artist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: 70,440 S.O.S. Reply with quote

Erma Bombeck was a very funny writer. Any suggestions for reading material that will give me some guidance with my project? Helllooooooo out there.............

Anyway.....the delightful Hogwarts train wreck of my life will also include condensed versions of a few fiction stories and why I wrote them.

Tentative Book Outline:

Chapters

(1) Back In The Olden Days

(2) It's A Wonderful Life

(3) Poetry And Dreams

(4) My Best Friend Is My "Worst Enemy"

(5) The Game of Love And Broken Hearts

(6) Death Changes Everything

(7) Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

(Cool The Vacation Never Ends When You Work At A Theme Park

(9) There Must Be A Good Reason For This

(10) Sleeping Beauty And The Internet

(11) Back In The Here And Now

Can't believe I used to be so shy about putting exactly who I am out there, because how else are you going to meet people and go places? I hope sharing my life story will entertain as well as inspire whoever reads it to never give up on your dreams.

As for asking about suggestions to a website that will pay a blogger or a book publisher of true life stories......

How hard can it be to find, right? Tell you what, do a bit of internet research, and then you'll see why I'm asking for a recommendation.

The limitless possibilities are simply exhausting...................

XOXO & S.O.S. (Save Our Story) lol & xoxo

P.S. Is that smile thing automatic????
artist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: 70,562 Where Are You? Reply with quote

Tips & Warnings in todays search:

"Mom's Innocent Photos End Up On Revenge Site."

Ok, now that is downright scary. I have so many pictures of my beautiful and funny mom. She passed away long before the internet was invented.

Photos live forever online, a legacy of our life, a "We Were Here" sort of thing. I know my mom would love to have her life remembered. I miss her so much......

I'm beginning to think getting paid to blog is a myth. Here's one & it's potential earnings:

Expect your first month's intake to be about $15 - $20. In a year, it should be about $40 -$50.

Yeeks, is that all?

I am so totally psyched to write my story, but I'm going to wait until I find the right place for it.

Again... suggestions...advice.... opinions..... recommendations?

Thanx & xoxo!
Emrad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some time back I had gone looking about cyberspace in search of a good place for that collection of dream stories I had mentioned.
I remember running across some sites that were like online publishers... what they would do is post your stuff online for everyone to read. They went into copyright details and such, but I never bothered to post anything.
Their boast, mainly, was the exposure offered... suggesting one had a greater chance of being "discovered".
I don't believe any of the sites I saw offered to pay anything, though.

Emrad
artist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: 71,000 & I Was Here A Lot Reply with quote

So I got Tim's "I'm Not Really Here" from the library. Laughed when I read about climbing Mount Everest on page 16, even if it was only in reference to burning calories.

At one time I'd have enjoyed doing a complete book report on it, but I stopped reading by page 64, since what I'm looking for now is a bit of guidence on writing memoirs. It was an entertaining read & I'd recommend it to any Tim Allen fan.

For all the reasons that a person desires to share their entire life with people they don't know, that's where I'm at, and for a book writer it's more than just the hope of writing a best seller, because the story is all about the person you are.

I won't be doing anymore writing on this site, but I appreciate many of my old posts still being on it, especially that crazy Zandergrom yeti thing I had going on..... what the heck was that all about?

I actually think it's pretty funny and I'm glad it is part of my life story on this earth.

As for getting who I am & family photos online.....

I've already been a victim of identify theft before I started this project. A malicious individual accessed all of my personal information, from my social security number to old family photos and my artwork. It's pretty horrifying to realize a person can pretend to be you on the internet.

But...having that to deal with has actually influenced me to put more of who I am online, maybe because since one of the worst things that can happen, already has.... what else could go wrong now, right?

Anyway, I still hope to find a good place to blog all this on, even if I don't earn any money off my writing.

So, silent readers, past, present and future, any helpful suggestions in regards to my writing will always be appreciated.

I'll close with a play on Tim's "I'm Not Really Here"...... and just say...."Yeah You Were & So Was I."

XOXOXOXO!!!!!!!
artist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: 73,430 With the ways of the world..... Reply with quote

What is "The MisAdventures of the Dunderheads"?

A messed-up road trip.

A crazed Grandmother on the lam with her two teenagers.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/distribution-the-mis-adventures-of-the-dunderheads

Ok, so yeti blog has 73,430....... views, from who knows how many people, but if each person only did a $2.00 contribution the movie with amazing performances by:

Olympia Dukakis (Academy Award winner, "Moonstruck"),

Haley Joel Osment (Academy Award nominee, "Sixth Sense"),

Alison Brie (star of NBC's "Community").

would more than meet it's distribution goal!

Be part of film history & "make it right!"
artist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: 73,803 Silent Dunderheads Out There Reply with quote

Attention yeti readers: I don't write much on this site anymore, but I am promoting the Dunderhead film everywhere I can think of & will be posting this same info in other topics on this site:

Olympia Dukakis, Haley Joel Osment and Alison Brie star in this wondrous and wacky film.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/distribution-the-mis-adventures-of-the-dunderheads

As of this posting, 6% funded & 27 days to go!

Dear Tim,

Have you checked out my cousin's movie yet? Do you or anyone at Boxing Cat have any suggestions on getting it distributed?

I am promoting it on twitter, I think it looks like a very funny movie..... bit weird, but to be expected considering family ties.

Btw, I did buy your Crazy On the Outside dvd.......... just saying!

XOXO & see ya in the movies!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: