TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Alternative fuels VS Alternative energy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Sutherland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Alternative fuels VS Alternative energy Reply with quote

Since the 70's the US gov't has been trying to ram alternative fuels down the throats of the public. Since the 70's every project, subsidized or not, has failed. The reason in that alternative fuels are tied to the cost of world oil. Sure it's easy to get excited about gasohol and bio-diesels when the street price of gas is $5 per gallon, but then reality happens and the price of oil falls and it is very difficult to sell $5 bio-fuels when the street price is only $2.50 to $3.00. As a fuel, bio-fuels are just to expensive to produce.

Having said the above, I am a strong supporter of Bio-alternatives to replace other petroleum based products. This is where the gov't is screwing up, they are trying to force square pegs into round holes rather than looking for the right product for the right use. Tim Allen, I am from Northern Michigan (the Cedar-Traverse City area). I would really like to discuss my project with you, it is a Northern Michigan product, grown, refined, and process in Northern Michigan and supported by MSU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: