TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ideas To Help In The Gulf....... Anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Ideas To Help In The Gulf....... Anyone? Reply with quote

Nice to know thousands of people want to help in the Gulf. It also makes me feel good to see various opinions being vented on tv complaining about the slow response, the miles of booms that are just not working & wondering where the tankers are to suck up the oil & why some technology was not in use a month ago.

Donations are being accepted to help even though it's all supposed to be BP's financial responsibility......

It's been very frustrating for me to live so near the catastrophe zone & not be able to help in any way.

I'm such a creative person you'd think I could come up with some idea.

I'm impressed with the 11 year old girl drawing pictures & donating thousands to help the Gulf birds.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37620887/ns/us_news-giving/

So what could I do? Draw pictures of yeti's with pelican friends?

How about custom made cute video clips to sell, giving all profit to assist in the Gulf? Oops, no one cares for my singing voice..... or original songs; lol.

Anyway, ideas anyone?????
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another idea just the other night. As I was thinking about it, why don't they pour concrete down the pipe? Concrete that can harden under water was invented in the 1800's to build the Erie Canal. Why couldn't it do the same for the Gulf pipe hole?
artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Maybe We're All Just Over Reacting.......... Reply with quote

LadyHawke wrote:
I got another idea just the other night. As I was thinking about it, why don't they pour concrete down the pipe? Concrete that can harden under water was invented in the 1800's to build the Erie Canal. Why couldn't it do the same for the Gulf pipe hole?

So did you suggest that at any of the official idea sites they have?

Besides, I'm trying to think of something I can do personally. I'd be happy to write a dramatic song about a space pelican & sing it with Capt. James Kirk... something like that would be worth big donation bucks I'm sure.

But nobody ever looks at anything I fax around here.
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could fill the pipe with BP executives. And the guy who kept on drilling when he should have told them to stop.
artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

LadyHawke wrote:
We could fill the pipe with BP executives. And the guy who kept on drilling when he should have told them to stop.

LOL.

Actually, instead of an original song, William Shatner & I could sing, "Send In The Clowns" and make it about the aid BP has been giving us.
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EUREKA! WE'VE FOUND THE ANSWER!

DUCT TAPE IT!

Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I just misplaced my "duck tape".... Cause I don't have a hook to hang it on. Confused
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could form little sealife statues and paint them black/muddy brown and sell those!
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ideas of the fines. Just throw the money into the ocean. The paper will probably be more useful at absorbing the oil than anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: