TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Kevin Costner Oil Spill Cleanup Idea Interests BP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artist

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Kevin Costner Oil Spill Cleanup Idea Interests BP Reply with quote

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0520/Kevin-Costner-oil-spill-cleanup-idea-interests-BP

Dear Tim,

If Kevin's idea works, will you forward all my XOXO letters that I'll be writing to him on your site here?

Thanks
Steve Sutherland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Kostners idea (oil water Separater) Reply with quote

Kostners project is not being accepted for one simple reason. It is not that it will not work, it is the EPA.

In the Gulf, the EPA has come full circle, it is like a snake trying to swallow its tail. The EPA has so many illogical regulations that it has become disfunctional.

EPA regulations state that you may not discharge contaminantes into the ocean or any body of water. Kostner's project will suck in the oil along with millions of gallons of water, once onboard the ship, his oil water separater will remove 99% of the oil from the water, then discharge the nearly clean water back into the ocean.

Here is the problem, that left over 1% of contamination cannot be discharged back into the ocean. It does not matter that the contaminate came from the ocean, it does not matter that he is removing up to 99% of the contaminante. Regs will not let him discharge the water and therefor the cleanup system cannot be implemented, without waivers.

If the Feds gave waivers quickly the spills would not be reaching our beaches.
artist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kostners idea (oil water Separater) Reply with quote

Steve Sutherland wrote:
Kostners project is not being accepted for one simple reason. It is not that it will not work, it is the EPA.

In the Gulf, the EPA has come full circle, it is like a snake trying to swallow its tail. The EPA has so many illogical regulations that it has become disfunctional.

EPA regulations state that you may not discharge contaminantes into the ocean or any body of water. Kostner's project will suck in the oil along with millions of gallons of water, once onboard the ship, his oil water separater will remove 99% of the oil from the water, then discharge the nearly clean water back into the ocean.

Here is the problem, that left over 1% of contamination cannot be discharged back into the ocean. It does not matter that the contaminate came from the ocean, it does not matter that he is removing up to 99% of the contaminante. Regs will not let him discharge the water and therefor the cleanup system cannot be implemented, without waivers.

If the Feds gave waivers quickly the spills would not be reaching our beaches.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/gulf_oil_spill/costners-skimmer-heading-to-work

Are you sure? I read his skimmer was going to be put to use.

What you wrote is a perfect example of why the Louisiana officials have been on tv so often, begging for help to cut through all the red tape that prevents them from protecting the coast.

They have spent more time fighting the feds & BP than they have in cleaning the oil.

Dear Tim,

Please tell Kevin that I finally watched Dances With Wolves for the first time. With commercials, it took four hours. What a fantastic film. And such beautiful background music. I'd stayed away from that movie because I knew there were some very sad events in it; but it was well worth watching, wow.

Tell him thanks again for helping the Gulf...... or at least trying to.
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite of Costner's was Robin Hood even without the British accent. It was the first movie I ever saw in the theater multiple times and since then I've only seen a couple of others like that.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the best Robin Hood movie ever! So why do they try and try again????
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they never, ever, ever, ever try to remake "Young Frankenstein" it's all good well not always good but where are the new ideas?
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not about Kevin Costner, but someone has an inside look into the capping of the oil leak.

http://divinecosmos.com/index.php/start-here/davids-blog/856-endoilspill?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DavidWilcockBlog+%28David+Wilcock+Newsletter%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: