TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Welcom to Jurrassic Park!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordanary

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Welcom to Jurrassic Park! Reply with quote

So i bought the 3 pack of all 3 jurassic park movies and its absolutley amazing how they made those movies, like the trex that attack the truck in the first one was like 20 feet high, 40 feet long and weighed 13000 pounds,..

it become the biggest star of the movie, and it wasnt even real, it was a electronic life size dinosaur

one of the people that helped with the movie said it was the closest thing to a real dinosaur he'd ever seen

...just amzing how they combined brilliant screenwork, great actors, CG, and electronic donosaurs to create a legend.

in my opinion 90 percent of movies today dont even come close to jurassic park, the lost work or jurassic park 3, ..... totally awesome series.

thoughts????
Emrad

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it Phil Tippett, the guy who did all the ďGo MotionĒ stuff for Star Wars, who talked about embracing CGI to make the film?

The first Jurassic Park is up there on my list of all time favorites, although there were more effects sequences going on in the second & third movies, I think. Itís amazing how far the animation has come. I can remember going to see The Last Starfighter. If memory serves, it took supercomputers to make the effects sequences there. I think it was like the first movie to have CGI effectsÖ or was it Tron? Anyhow, nowadays itís all done on desktops, pretty amazing.

One thing about Jurassic Park that I think they could have been ever so slightly more imaginative with were the creature vocalizations. The T-rex scream sounded fantastic, all alien and strange. But when it was snarling & grunting I was hearing all kinds of recognizable animals Ė lions, elephants, even a dog that sounded like it was playing tug-o-war!

Someone told me recently (and I havenít attempted to confirm this, so Iíve no idea if itís true or not) that they want to remake Jurassic Park. If itís true, Iím like you over Nightmare On Elm StreetÖ why? Some things beg to be remade, and, if done right, can be really enjoyable. But Jurassic Park? Too soon. And it stands on its own.

Jeff Goldblum is great in Jurassic Park. Years ago (heck, decades ago) he was in a movie called Buckaroo Banzai with Peter Weller. Now that is a movie I think that would be great to remake, with the right director on the reins.

Anyhow, Jurassic Park = great movie!

Emrad
Jordanary

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya they are doing another jurrassic park, its gonna focus the dinosaurs going extinct, .... apparently they are starting a whole new trilogy for that movie that will take it in a new direction.

i heard the original 3 cast memebers might return for the new one

sam neil
laura dern
jeff goldblum

i to hope they dont wreck it and wonder why they are bringing it back, but i guess it will make more money and thats all that matters ....

i think if steven speilberg is in charge od it, it will turn out good, if its someone else, it may be a disaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: