TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Shipping Container Homes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Shipping Container Homes Reply with quote

I found out about shipping containers being used for homes. I like the fact they are hurricane proof (as I live in a hurricane zone) I wouldn't mind living in one at all.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18475601/

Note To Hasepup: I need a sponsor for my own reality show called "Living In A Box"............LOL

http://www.thedailygreen.com/green-homes/latest/shipping-container-homes-460309?link=rel&dom=msn&src=syn&con=slide&mag=tdg

Some of the photos are really cool.
joalis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The student housing complex in Amsterdam looks cozy!
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I call it my bunker," says Rosalynn Kearney of her container home.

Bunker? What bunker??? I'd want to live in that one, too!!!
artist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: I'm Ready For An Upgrade Reply with quote

I think they're awesome. I'd live in one, seriously...in fact, it'd be a great improvement; lol, 'cause I haven't been a "happy camper" for a long time now.

I read a distressing article on heavy rains swamping Haiti's homeless camps. The problems are so overwhelming over there; who knows where all the money raised is really going.

They should use some of the funds for shipping container homes; as they are even earthquake proof.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35949776/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My appartment isn't bad... but I'd prefer such a great house made of containers.
artist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Be It Ever So Crumble There's No Place Like Home Reply with quote

Hasepup1980 wrote:
My appartment isn't bad... but I'd prefer such a great house made of containers.

Hey, nothing beats a nice house for a home; but it's just not a possibility for many people. The main complaint I have about my own home is the fact it's unsafe in hurricane weather (or tornadoes for that matter). I always have to evacuate.

I'd love to live in something that would be like, "bring it on mutha nature, you can't touch this!"

LOL
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you'd like to live on the Titanic?
artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: The Unsinkable Molly Clown Reply with quote

Hasepup1980 wrote:
So you'd like to live on the Titanic?

Hey, whatever floats your boat..... lol.

I'm all for a disaster proof home, a modern Bunker-ville, built to last long after humanity has destroyed everything else.......
joalis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Be It Ever So Crumble There's No Place Like Home Reply with quote

artist wrote:
Hasepup1980 wrote:

Hey, nothing beats a nice house for a home; but it's just not a possibility for many people. The main complaint I have about my own home is the fact it's unsafe in hurricane weather (or tornadoes for that matter). I always have to evacuate.

I'd love to live in something that would be like, "bring it on mutha nature, you can't touch this!"

LOL

And when it is all over, you can look out the window and see that all your neighbors have moved.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and they took their garages, houses, cars and even their trees with them!!! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: