TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordanary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: 2012 Reply with quote

i saw some stuff about it was posted already, but after hearing about the movie, and what it was about, i read about the back story ... i know alot of other things where predicted in the past and it was a load of crap ...

ya know ..

the day after tommorow

but anyway, i read about this mayan calender deal, and watch some shows on history television, and although i dont beleive the world will end, because that is crazy, i do beleive something big will happen on dec,21,2012, ...
im tempted to but a book about it ......

is anyone else buying into this like me after this movie came out????
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ideaexchange.timallen.com/viewtopic.php?t=5916

Watch out... Laughing
artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Build A Bunker Dot Com Reply with quote

Hasepup, you're too funny, a link to one of our many intellectual and enlightening debates.

I saw the 2012 movie; great special effects & a believable (self preservation being what it is) only the wealthy would survive, because they have the resources to prepare.

Jordanary, I've seen the history channel 2012 stuff too. I think (opinion) there may be satellite disruption around that time, but the world is not scheduled to end.

Matthew 24 covers much of what is going on in the world today & that earthquakes are "the beginning of sorrows."
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Mark Hitchcock at a prophecy conference just a couple of weeks ago. He had a suggestion for 2012. He thought that might be the date of the Rapture. I kind of had that feeling as well when people like David Wilcock started talking it was the date of our soul ascension.

Go figure. The new Age world and Christian world are meshing their ideas together. Rapture in a way does equal ascension.
lucaspolan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story was moderately entertaining, but within a few minutes you know where it is headed. It might have been more up to date if the rich and politicians had headed to outer space to save themselves, the Noah's Ark thing.

achristmasstory

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching stuff again on Tv about the Mayan Dec 21, 2012 predictions, I wondered.....how can anyone come to such a specific date based on records developed at least 500 years ago by an basically ancient culture.
http://ideaexchange.timal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: 2012 - A sheer marketing technique Reply with quote

I don't know whether or not the Mayan calendar really depicts the end of world in the Year 2012 as lots of gossips have emerged after the Movie 2012 came out. But one thing is clear that the whole world ending stuff was a way to generate hype & a sheer marketing technique for the movie itself.
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Wilcock has another take on this subject:

www.divinecosmos.com
Emrad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I went to see 2012 in the theatre with the big booming sound system. It was a lot of fun… lots of great sound and superb special effects that were a delight to watch. They actually did a good job on the big earthquake scene when it hit, heralding the onset of the major chaos in the story. But, as seems to be the case with so many “blockbusters” these days, the actual story kind of fell a bit short on plausibility… perhaps that’s a good thing, I don’t know.

I can definitely see the radio guy (Woody Harrelson), total raving nut who just happened to be right, standing up there on that hill with his portable transmitter, poised on the brink of obliteration and insanity, waiting to deliver first-hand, live coverage of his own destruction (Who’s going to be tuned in at a time like that? That’s what I want to know!) There are plenty of those types around! Harrelson did a fantastic job!

But as for the story’s mechanism of the planet’s trouble… For me it was too much of a stretch. I think an asteroid or a comet would have been more believable than neutrinos suddenly changing their physical properties… yeah, for me the neutrino notion didn’t seem to carry much weight. Smile

All in all, I didn’t find the film to be very scary, which is what one might expect in a world ending, cataclysmic sci-fi film/story. Then again, perhaps it is because scary films in general don’t scare me the way they used to when I was younger. Still, I was kind of expecting more… I’m sorry, I take that back. Certain directors have demonstrated exquisite ability to instill fear whilst showing the viewing audience much, much less (to this day I still think twice before striding out into the waves of the Pacific). So, perhaps 2012 wasn’t trying to be that kind of film.

As for the idea of the 2012 thing being a prediction of the end of the world, who can say? I can remember hearing a lot of grave predictions surrounding the year 2000 and the so-called millennium bug. As far back as 1995 news agencies, even late night talk show personalities were talking about it, supposing all sorts of effects ranging from trouble with your local grocer’s barcode reader on up to civilization-ending breakdowns in communications and technology worldwide. Not too much of consequence seemed to transpire on that one.

My outlook on the whole 2012 thing is that it is an interesting idea, we’ll have to wait and see. If the end of the world does come, well, by then the good lord will have let me stick around for 48 years… not too bad! Then again, perhaps the Mayan calendar runs out where the scribe just happened to come to the edge of the tablet! (I don’t know)

That’s my case for tonight!

Best wishes, one and all!

Emrad
SLB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: The Mayan Calendar Reply with quote

Just in case you might find it of interest:

Reckoning the Maya and Gregorian Calendars

A point of considerable historic interest is the conciliation of the Maya and Gregorian calendars. This amounts to: selection of an origin for the initial long count, selection of the calendar round corresponding to that count, and correlating a specific long-count date on the Maya calendar with the corresponding date on the Gregorian calendar. The Maya reckoned their chronology in great cycles of 13 baktuns (about 5,128 solar years), the beginning of the current cycle 13.0.0.0.0 4 Ahau 8 Cumk'ú corresponding to august 13, 3114 BC. No long count date occurs with a Baktún count of more than 12, except that 13.0.0.0.0 occurs. A widely-accepted school of thought holds that in the Maya long count system 13.0.0.0.0 marks the beginning of a new cycle, and so is equivalent to 0.0.0.0.0. In this view, 13 baktuns make up a great cycle or, Maya era, of 13 x 144,000 = 1,872,000 days (approximately 5125.37 solar years).

The date 0.0.0.0.0 is equal to August 13 3114 B.C.
The date 13.0.0.0.0 is equal to December 21 2012 A.D.

Dark Rift

"On 13.0.0.0.0, the December solstice sun will be found in the band of the Milky Way. We can call this an alignment between the galactic plane and the solstice meridian. This is an event that has slowly converged over a period of thousands of years, and is caused by the precession of the equinoxes. The place where the December solstice sun crosses the Milky Way is precisely the location of the "dark-rift in the Milky Way...'Xibalbá be' - the road to the underworld."

On the winter solstice of 2012, the noonday Sun exactly conjuncts the crossing point of the sun's ecliptic with the galactic plane, while also closely conjunction the exact center of the galaxy.

Jenkins further proposes that this grand cross in time is symbolized by the Mayan Tree of Life, found at the core of Mayan cosmology.

###

This is taken from the following Website (where there is a lovely picture of the galaxy's dark rift): http://authenticmaya.com/calendar.htm

SLB
Emrad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLB, that is very interesting. I have looked over websites explaining the Mayan calendar before... I wish I could say I understood it better.
I have heard about the Solar system crossing the galactic plane... what little I've been learning about dark matter and dark energy makes me wonder if that might come into play, where there may be a higher concentration of the "stuff" lined up in the galactic plane... perhaps?

They say the Earth's magnetic poles are weakening... not sure if it has anything to do with that. I have a tendency to think that would be more likely related to the sun, but who knows?

As for the sun, I have read about predictions that we are in for a higher than normal solar maximum with possible damaging consequences to satellites and other sensitive electronics, and also for diminished solar activity with an absence of sun spots perhaps bringing on another "little ice age". So, I don't know what to believe there either. Either extreme might cause us some problems, though.

Anyhow, only a couple more years before we find out for sure.

Emrad
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with 2012, though it was a fantastic ride, God said he wouldn't be destroying the world ever again by a flood.

but this time it will be with the fire that is stored up inside her. That's so He can burn her up and creat a new world, much better one for us to live on. One that is no longer polluted or dredged with crud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: