TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Twitter/Michigan ads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howiregi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Twitter/Michigan ads Reply with quote

Hello Tim, here is my opinion:

If I were a well known person on this planet and so many people would be interested in what I was doing, thinking, working etc. I would be very grateful for every minute of private time for myself, my family and friends.
I surely would not "twitter".
I myself am very grateful for this website - to have the chance to communicate with others who like your work and talk about almost everthing in this world. And somehow even communicate with you, I`m still happy that you answered me in March a few days before your daughter was born on the topic "sepher jesirah".
For me personally it is good as it is, I don`t know any other famous person who does so much for his fans -
don`t really need that "twitter" stuff.

Like to combine this topic with another one from your latest journal. The Michigan ads.
They are so beautiful - but the addition of your voice makes them brilliant.
I like to quote what you said in the "fall" video:

"As life starts moving faster and faster - we need to make a choice - to move faster with it or to step off every now and then"
Isn`t that an answer?

All the very best to you and your family

With much respect...
Regina from Germany
Robert(from London)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re:Tim's Tweets Reply with quote

Hi Tim/guys

Just a comment on the twitter debate. After using twitter now for a few months I have found it quite fun, in that you can follow so many other people's tweets from so many walks of life. There are obviously so many well know people using it from all around the world. It is quite fun listening to everything that is going on even if you don't have time to tweet yourself. I have found it ok to block unwanted followers as necessary.I would like to hear Tim's tweets in the future if time/schedule would permit but I would obviously still tend to agree that tweeting would not be a substitute for this forum.
Best wishes & Kind regards
Robert
(ps just noticed Ian Poulter - (you know the ryder cup golfer) has 650000followers. The number of people using twitter is amazing- got to be good for publicity??).
Howiregi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you interested in this discussion should please watch:

you tube:
Late Show with David Letterman/ Kevin Spacey tweets with Dave 4.23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z1aZ7Gs46A

Very funny and very true
Robert(from London)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah funny clip. actually Kevin now has 1244298 followers!, just had a lookbut hes only following 4 - guess he doesn't have time to look at other peoples tweets.he almost has as many followers as Gordon Brown.Obama only 10000??

you can post photos,phone vids, the lot.
can't wait to hear Tim's tweets!

Last edited by Robert(from London) on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Howiregi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you adminette
Robert(from London)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: the 46 stages of twitter Reply with quote

the stages of twitter .....

http://www.shanenickerson.com/nickerblog/2009/06/the-46-stages-of-twitter.html

(also in french and spanish).read the comments they are funny.
it is addictive i have to admit.
aj4sure

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Twitter Reply with quote

Hi Tim -

It would be great to see you on Twitter! I talked about Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and social media with School of Communication students, faculty and alums today at WMU. Twitter is a great communication tool and your observations on life would be welcome! Neat tool - you can have a verified account so we know it is you.

Have a great weekend!

aj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: