TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Back to the future.Part i ii and iii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert(from London)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Back to the future.Part i ii and iii Reply with quote

First I just wanted to say I love all Tim's films/books/Tv and stand up and this website/forum is brilliant!All the people and ideas, its great.

I have to say one of my all time favourite sci-fi series is Back to the future. It has action and a great story with some sci-fi ideas that everyone would like to have ie the converted and flying delorean - and the idea of time travel is I guess a really interesting(and maybe over used)one used before and after the film obviously many times. Also the emphasis on time and the importance of time in peoples lives is very clever.

There are some interesting technological aspects as above and also in part two where in the the future technology has advanced to power the car ie fission/fusion maybe this will happen sometime in the future.

I think the story using the affects and emotions that the time travel and ever changing events have on the characters is brilliant and their struggle to change things into the way they should be which is like what everyone is doing everyday of their life which is the nice link to reality. The excitement of time travel and being able to know/look into the future is great - I guess everyone wishes they could do that and change things around.

Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd are one of the best film combinations I have ever scene, (others I like are Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita and Gibson and Glover i ntheir peak). I know these films are really old now, I am getting older too!
I think Michael J Fox is brilliant in the way he is coping with Parkinson's disease - not knowing anything about that condition before I think he is a real hero in the way he copes and deals with it.

I know this is not a sci-fi action genre like Matrix, Aliens, Predator and those and does not have as much physical action in it but it is still an all time classic in my book. My favourite scene is obvioulsy in the first film where there are racing against time to send Marty back next to the clock tower using the lighting bolt. When the lighting bolts strikes and he is sent back to 1985 it is brilliant.

One of my favourite sci-fi film trilogies of all time.
(I am really happy to be able to contribute/post on this forum I feel in really good company!)
cheers guys
Robert
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those too!!!! Got them on DVD and watch them from time to time (in English of course!)

What I really like about the story of part one is: first Marty screws up and changes the past. Then he is trying to fix it all up again and finally he makes it. But the best part is: he helps his dad in the past and gives him a self confidence he'd never have known if it hadn't been for Marty. That way Martys time changes "back to normal" but in fact it IS different. His Whole family is improved.

Michael J. Fox IS a great actor and he will always look kinda young. It's amazing. But Christopher Lloyd I adore even more. No matter what character he plays he's always brilliant.
ShellyH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the Future Movies, I too love it. I watched it over and over when I was kid. Tim Allen is there? I know it's Michael J Fox, and that old scientist, they area funny.
ShellyH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the Future Movies, I too love it. I watched it over and over when I was kid. Tim Allen is there? I know it's Michael J Fox, and that old scientist, they area funny.
Amy Tucker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: My all time favorite Reply with quote

The Back to the Future Trilogy sequel has always been my favorite to the extent that I got them on DVD very recently. Watching time traveling was so much fun & entertaining & I wish I could too become a time traveler with some kind of time traveling machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: