TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mac vs Windows - Something for Tim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Mac Attack! & technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockatteer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Mac vs Windows - Something for Tim Reply with quote

Thought this might be something Tim would appreciate.

Rockatteer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Microsoft engineers and three Apple employees are traveling by train to a computer conference. At the station, the three Microsoft engineers each buy tickets and watch as the three Apple employees buy only a single ticket.

“How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?” asks a Microsoft engineer.

“Watch and you’ll see,” answers the Apple employee.

They all board the train. The Microsoft engineers take their respective seats, but all three Apple employees cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, “Ticket, please.”

The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes the ticket and moves on. The Microsoft engineers saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Microsoft engineers decide to do the same on the return trip and save some money.

When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Apple employees don’t buy any ticket, at all.

“How are you going to travel without a ticket?” asks one perplexed Microsoft engineer. “Watch and you’ll see,” answers an Apple employee. When they board the train the three Microsoft engineers cram into a restroom and the three Apple employees cram into another one nearby. The train departs.

Shortly afterward, one of the Apple employees leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Microsoft engineers are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, “Ticket, please…”
peterson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows is notorious for viruses and security problems. Viruses and security holes on the Mac are almost nonexistent with OS X. Windows is easy to break. If you move the wrong file or folder, the entire computer can quit working.Mac computers are also easy to problem solve and fix, whereas Windows computers often need the help of a paid computer technician.
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy me a Mac, if it wasn´t so expensive. I constantly have problems with my xp. Both of my systems are sooo slow.
janysek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows can simply drag and drop files from one folder to another if the destination folder is opened or the window display in the parent folder. With Mac OS X, you can have a window open, click and then Drag the file you want to copy / move, and floats on a disk or folder icon, you can do.
Philip Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Mac is expensive Reply with quote

The only reason I am not using Mac is that it is very expensive. And this is the only reason I am sticking to Windows. I hope someday I can afford a Mac.
MichiganLover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought one, a IMac for just over $1000 brand new. Best Buy 18 months interest free! I do not think that is expensive. My first computer was purchased in 1998 for $2500, second in 2002 for $2500, third in 2005 for $2500 and all of these windows computers are in the basement collecting dust. The prices were all the going prices at that time. All had many problems. I feel computers are finally cheap enough that I can finally afford a Mac. and hopefully get many years of pain free use out of it. Now I am waiting for the LED TV's to come down in price and the quality to level out because I have learned my lesson about buying things when they first come out and getting trial and error technology at top cost.
e11studios

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Mac Vs PC Reply with quote

I love Mac. I loved it more when Steve Jobs was running things. The price tag was still steep then but you didn't have the issues that we have with Mac today (hardware failures). I have decided to use Mackintoshes from now on. I have a $10,000 equivalent mac using PC parts and only spent $1,500 for it, so in a sense, I just added "more power".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Mac Attack! & technology All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: