TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Sherlock Holmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Have you read a good book lately?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rela

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Sherlock Holmes Reply with quote

Been reading Arthur Connan Doyle's Sherlock, and I am so amazed by them!! I read 12 stories, all about 400+ pages, throughout a couple days, but figuring it out, it took me a day to read them all. They are so intelligent, so thoughtful and interesting, that I couldn't put it down, and I was so sad in the end when he died... But it was so heroic, and, the reason I felt sorry for him is that the stories are so well written, it's like you're reading a biography that some guy Watson wrote about him famous, incredible friend. I really recommend them, if you haven't read them before. I just have to probe deeper in the library's collection to see if I can find the novels, I'd really like to see how are they written, a little bigger case. Smile
rela

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, I am so stupid, I just figured it out... I was reading The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes, witch starts with Watson's stunning reactions on apparent Holmes' sudden appear from the death... and I was all confused, haha, I was just thinking about this when I figured that I read the books in the wrong order, because it is The Memoirs Of Sherlock Holmes where he 'dies' and comes alive in the other... and boy, am I suddenly feeling better! Haha, lol!!! Laughing

:update:

Now I see that our publishers, here in Croatia, have mixed up the titles... What says here, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is infact, The Return of Sherlock Holmes... Thank God for Wikipedia.

Lol, this feels like I'm writing a journal or something... XD
rela

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that book, curious sou-Ah, Haspup, just read it. Laughing The Valley of Death, and it's devided into 2 parts. The 1st part is great, but the second part is a completely different story, and in the end, you have Sherlock, who just explains it in a few sentences and someone says him, like: This is impossible to solve! And Sherlock says: It is not impossible, you just have to give me time -- give me time! THE END. I mean, I got the whole thing, but it ends with another murder, and I'm sad that it isn't solved... And that's the last NOVEL Arthur has written, so maybe it's explained in some other story, but I doubt it.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when stuff like that happens. Like in the end of a movie when you know there'll definitely be another movie.

Anyway... I kinda like Miss Marple better. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Have you read a good book lately? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: