TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Question for All

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Question for All Reply with quote

Just wondering what people think about this. When is it time to say, "I love you" outloud? What precipitates it? Is it an emotional impulse? How do you know you love the person enough to say it? Do you wait until you are pretty sure it is a mutual feeling? Before you can say it do you have to be friends first, or respect the person or admire the person or decide you have the same values....what is it that has to all fall into place before you declare your love for someone? Or does it just happen?

What do you think?

SLB
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for me it just happened...
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasepup1980 wrote:
Well for me it just happened...

Me too.
TimAllen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is it's fluid overflowing the glass. I look at my daughters and it just bubbles up and I say it because I canít contain it. In romantic love its often wording which in fact primes us for the real emotion. I found it very hard since it was about timing when to say it. So it has some mental calculation to it in early relationships.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men and timing!!! Ooofffff Laughing

...and yet, when my man said it first I was so overwhelmed that I almost stumbled over the words... Embarassed
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got to say it. The one man I wanted to marry had died and no one had even bothered to tell me he was sick. I didn't know until I read it in the paper. So, I guess you have to whisper it to them when you can. Even at their wake.

I guess that has been this way all my life. My childhood sweetheart was killed in Vietnam. But even while he was engaged to someone else, he came to me the night before he shipped out, where I was at work, and talked to me. He never said it, but I knew in my heart, that was what he was trying to say to me then. I never told Candy, his fiance. She, too, was devastated and she has never married like never married.

So, my advise, my words of wisdom, tell someone you love them--the moment you know. You never know if that moment will be your love's last day on earth. And you'll never have a better chance.

I wanted to tell Ron, but never had the chance.

I wanted to tell George. But I said to him, go and serve your country, and come back home to us soon safe and sound. He never did.

To this day I love them both, and I miss been both so much and wish so much that I had told them.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear!!!
K

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does saying 'I love you' cause you to be commited or is it that you are already commited to being in love? If you do not admit that you are in love, are you lying?
You can say I love you for this or that but if you say just 'I love you', you are only stating how you currently feel or how that person makes you feel.

There are different types of love, very few infer a lasting commitment.
There is the love of doing something ie service, art, science, etc the love a parent and child share, the love of brothers and sisters, the love of God, the love between husband and wife, the love of being in love.
All are different states of the same thing with different characteristics and different rewards and outcomes.
Only you can define what you are feeling and why, don't let someone else determine that. You choose to love or not to love. Deciding not to choose is still a choice, albeit a pretty lame choice.
As for me, I would rather lose at love a hundred times than to never experience what love is.
I am commited to always resolving to love and in doing so, I find the face of my creator smiling back at me.
'We are a chip off the old block' how can we be anything different?
K
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it precipitated a nightmare. So, I don't day it anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: