TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

giving of oneself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son is way too loud for that Wink
Ron McLeod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your son must be younger than mine,12 and 15.My kids have their cars already and just waiting for their license's so they can spread their wings.Just hope they understand my wife and I are kinda like Tim in the final episode.They get outta line well take them wheels quick,we paid for them like that,well we'll take them just like that.They know Im not one for noise if it aint an engine of some sort.I just hope we've taught them to leave things in the same if not better condition or shape than when they found or borrowed it.I hope they will remember the things you teach them.That they can go back in that book of memories,and grasp the knowledge and good times to get through the rough times.Guess only time will tell us that.Pray that God keeps them safe.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boy is 7. He just started school.
Ron McLeod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We remember ours first going to school.You hate them being gone,and at the same time you love the my time.Just goes by to quick.Charish the young years I know here we have a bad prescription drug problem in our schools locally.My sons in public school,Jr high 7 grade.My duaghter is home schooled,shes in 10 grade.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We left the city of Magdeburg 2 years ago and now live in a small village where the air is "fresh" and the ppl don't even know how to spell drugdealer. Laughing
Ron McLeod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danm there's a place like that left in the world.I wish you could say that about here.My wife says when the kids are married off,she wants to move to Scotland.She reads those romance novels.I tried caring a trunk like Tim did for Jill,didnt have the same effect,HAHAHA!!!!AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pulled groin isn't THAT desirable, huh?
Yep, the Pampa is a quiet place... and nothing ever happens here. The danger lies in dying of boredom!!!
artist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Who Is More Of A Giver, A Yeti Or A Bigfoot? Reply with quote

Hasepup1980 wrote:
Since there's no bigfoot in the Pampa... I guess I don't believe he exists.
And again, any place seems more interesting than my place. We only have goats and horses in the neighborhood...

Hasepup; how is it that you were having a conversation about bigfoot & didn't mention it to me? Were you expecting me to tune in telepathically, or what?

Maybe you thought it wouldn't interest me because technically, a bigfoot is not a yeti. But more importantly, shouldn't this conversation be over in the Really Big Questions?

Because the really big question is how did a topic on "giving" turn into a bigfoot sighting?

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/blog/bigfoot/yeti-in-poland-images/

A recent sighting in Poland........
Ron McLeod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea well in other places we would like alittle boredom.I've been trying to get my garage put together for 3yrs now.We own two houses side by side,and were using one for a family workout room and play room.So now we hade a friend in need of a place to stay so we rented it to him for the morgage.So bottom line start in the garage AGAIN.My cell phone rings non stop whenever Im trying to work on it.Which is funny since we dont have any REAL friends,just ones that call when their down and out.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice friends.... Confused

Artist... how should I know how much you read in this forum???
artist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: It's Still About Giving Reply with quote

Note To All Readers (but mostly hasepup):

artist must be notified of any and all conversations pertaining to bigfoot or yeti sightings in this forum.

Notification is to be in writing, not telepathy.

Thank you for your cooperation.

P.S. Giving someone information they would appreciate is part of......GIVING.

LOL.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... Laughing
cpechaplain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: RE: Jesus the man Reply with quote

I have found (in my 60 years) the greatest joy i have received in life is being able to give to those who have not known kindness; forgiving those who do not deserve it (including myself); and when in doubt, loving anyway. For me, "with privilege come responsibility," giving back to those less fortunate means living as Jesus taught us to live.

A wise man once said, "we need never apologize for our dear Lord, Jesus." (Fr Richard Rohr)
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving isnt about waiting to be recognised....its about waiting for the next opportunity to be able to give again without acknowledgement.
DustyRoses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joalis wrote:
I am a member of a website all about doing what we can to change things for the better (in any way). A good percentage of it is only ideas. I wonder how many of those ideas actually go anywhere.

My thought process is feeding off of where you said it is "only" ideas.. Used to keep my ideas to myself thinking I'd be able to do something with them myself. Reality of Life's inescapable tendency towards mortality hit sometime over the last few years.. To that end and in practice of "live every day as though it's your last", I now just drop seeds of those ideas in appropriate places I hope have well meaning lurkers who will take them and run with them....

Takes a lot of pressure off, actually.. Freed my gray matter up to do something fun (albeit still beneficial somehow) instead of constantly worrying I wasn't achieving "things" just flat out beyond my Life's inherent resources.. Yeah...... A LOT of lifelong self-imposed pressure is, bloop, gone simply by chatting out intangible ideas with others, usually total strangers out on the Net.. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: