TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Light a light in this world

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howiregi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Light a light in this world Reply with quote

What do you all do to light a light in this world ?

I think one key to this is being friendly, loyal and honest in everday life.

Friendly, loyal and honest to myself and everybody else - friends, family, colleagues and strangers.
Sometimes its just simple things in life to make someone feel better or happy.

In my neighboorhood lives a very old woman, over 80 - she can`t see
good anymore. One day I caught her when she could not get in her house because she left her keys in the house. She was totally desperate - it was getting dark and cold. I helped her and finally she got in. When I see her now every time I ask her "have you got your keys?" - and that old woman is so happy everytime I ask her. She lives alone and maybe she is just happy that I think about her.

Another example is a man who works in my town. He cleans the streets. Awful job one might think. But this man is so friendly, greets everyone - "hello, how are you doing?" whistles while working, seems happy with his work and with his life.

So simple things to raise the quality of life, to "light a light".
What are your experiences?

Regina from Gemany
joalis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Live and let live Reply with quote

I don't make a big stink over stuff that doesn't matter, and I try to encourage others to do the same. The less reactionary, defensive people we have running around, the more easy going and better off we are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: