TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

'MANSTUFF'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bellydancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: 'MANSTUFF' Reply with quote

The ‘Manstuff’

Before I start, let me say that I adore my husband Mikey, he’s the best thing that ever happened to me and is my best friend, my soul mate and hero. Ok, got that bit done, now for the ah but………. lol

Mikey is driving me nuts with his ‘manstuff’! First it was the ‘manbag’, a multi coloured canvas bag that fits neatly over his shoulder and tucks under his arm. Ok, it’s discreet enough, but why have it in the first place? Isn’t that why men have pockets? The bag gets lots of attention wherever we go, and I can almost hear other women sniggering as we pass them. The frightening thing is, I’ve overheard other men admiring it and asking Mikey where he got it, because they too want one!

If that wasn’t bad enough, he then started on the ‘mandrawer’ where he keeps the instructions for everything we’ve ever bought. A good idea I hear many of you say, but the drawer has now become two drawers and contains leaflets for appliances we got rid of in the ‘90’s. Add to those the drawer he has for cables and remotes that will never see the light of day again, the drawer for floppy disks and various brick like modems and cell phones, the drawer for current mail, the drawer for mail that needs urgent replies and the drawer for mail that he’s dealt with and needs filing. All of the above is not to be confused with the pine box that now seems to be a permanent fixture on our dining table that has various appointment cards, receipts and leaflets that have dropped through the letterbox.

And now, the final straw, the thing that has prompted my little outburst, the ‘manloft’. You know, the space under the roof that I once believed to be a communal storage area. Don’t you believe it! After the Christmas holidays, I helped to take down the decorations and began to put them back in the loft. I was half way up the ladder with my head sticking up through the loft door when I heard Mikey’s voice. “No, no, no, no. Come down from there before you hurt yourself, that’s my job.” All of my protestations fell of deaf ears and before I knew it, Mikey had taken the box of decorations from me and was helping me back down the ladder. So, now I’m not allowed in this most sacred of places “In case I get hurt”. I must add, that I’m also not allowed in the garden shed for the same reason. lol

Are there any other wives out there who share my plight? If so, do you simply leave your hubby to it, or have you devised your own cunning plan to scupper the ‘manstuff’?

Pamela
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well wellllll...

First I must say I'm not a wife... but since I've been in a relationship with THE SAME MAN for more than 10 years now Shocked I think I could sing a song about marriage. Twisted Evil Laughing

So your husband has drawers to keep his stuff in??? Wow!!! Sounds like a good thing to me! My man has his stuff alllllll over our appartment. And the funny thing is, whenever he asks me "Have you seen this 'n that?" I know where it is and he doesn't remember where he put it Confused

As to your husbands purse.... Twisted Evil I sometimes wish my man had one. He loves his cargo pants and jeans and I'm not allowed to throw them out. Cause everything he wants to take with him fits in these pockets. I once took out my scissors and cut the bottom of one of his "finest" just to keep him from wearing it any longer. (Did the same with a wallet once cause it drove me nuts that he always lost his money but didn't want a new wallet!)
And what happens when he's wearing "normal" pants? I have to store all his stuff in my purse Evil or Very Mad

My mans toys are usually things we all can use. We desperately needed the second computer (Oh yes!!), our new TV is quite a big one, and it had to be a certain satellite reciever a.s.o.
He also has an RC model car that he keeps out of my way (I guess he stores it cause he doesn't want our son to play with his stuff Laughing ) and since yesterday he is the proud owner of a gambling machine. So this "monster" now lives in our bedroom and I got out my headphones cause I hate the sounds it makes.
Bellydancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!

Hasepup, now I think that Mikey's a genius and has everything sorted. Typical Virgo that he is, he likes order, but only his kind of order. lol

I love that you took your scissors to his "finest", that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages!

Hugs

Pamela x
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It was fun to be so destructive.. Laughing

Hope you're feeling better now Wink

Greetz,

Ulli
phillip j why

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You harbour a deep resentment....a deep resentment towards yourself.

A resentment you project onto others to distract you from the truth.

Those are my thoughts, my thoughts are mine alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: