TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

ARE OUR FREEDOMS IN DANGER?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Really Big Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: ARE OUR FREEDOMS IN DANGER? Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyH-Sjg1DG8&NR=1

I hope people are starting to wake up everywhere. We are losing our freedoms little by little everyday--or hasn't anyone noticed lately with the Bush Administration telling us there is no protection of Habeas Corpus in our Constitution--or that Cheney as Vice President is tellilng us he ISN'T a part of the Executive Branch? WHO ARE THESE IDIOTS KIDDING!!!! READ YOUR CONSTITUTION Mr. Vice-President, Alberto Gonzales (Thank God at least HE'S now gone!) READ YOUR CONSTITUTION--AMERICA--OR WILL YOU TELL ME AS YOUR CHILDREN DO IN SCHOOL, "BUT I HATE TO READ!!!!"

We need to wake up smell the coffee and REALLY TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK at just who we will be putting in office in the next November elections 2008. Which candidate will bring our country back to us?

We must decide and we must decide NOW--our rights,our freedoms, or the Rip Van Winkle Syndrome for the ones who WILL NOT STAND UP AND BE COUNTED AT THE VOTING BOOTHS!

COME ON CONGRESS--GROW SOME BRASS ONES AND IMPEACH THESE JERKS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Or are you all asleep at the wheel, too?

There! I've Said IT!
artist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Habeas Corpus Reply with quote

So.....habeas corpus is now a corpse? Great link, Ladyhawke.....in a forum designated for exchanging ideas on god, philosophy, and wisdom..........the really big question is how wise are some of these laws that are being passed? People do need to wake up and make their moves, before it is too late......if it's not already.

Lets hear it for youtube.com and thanks to all those people who broadcast films I missed the first time around.
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time I spoke up. I've known what our illustrious government has been doing to our freedoms and educational system since the 80's. And don't count Reagan out on this either!

We must now stand or lose our country.
alkalar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyHawke wrote:
It's about time I spoke up. I've known what our illustrious government has been doing to our freedoms and educational system since the 80's. And don't count Reagan out on this either!

We must now stand or lose our country.

Hmmm. Interesting. This immediately denigrated into a Republican bashing session. Probably by people who only pay attention to the media and believe everything they're told by the mis-reporters.

If you want to find out where your freedoms are going and why, you need to look back quite a ways. Now, I've been walking on this planet for almost 65 years (well, perhaps crawling for the first year) and I've been watching the steady erosion of freedom over that time. It's not something that's happened in the last decade and it's not a "Republican plot". If anyone is "plotting" to remove our freedoms and take over the country, it's mostly coming from the radical left, but don't even blame them for all of it.

If you look back over just my life span, you'll see that every freedom we've lost has been for "a good cause". We're buying protection from the mob and paying for it with freedom. In 1968, we bought "protection" by giving up part of our 2nd Amendment freedoms (and the murder rate went up anyway). Lately, we've given up the freedom of speech so no one else will be "offended" by what we may say (and more and more people are now being "offended").

We've given up a lot of things all in the name of a huge hoax called "Global Warming" (I remember when it was called "Global Cooling" and it featured the same group that is feeding us the latest snake oil). I used to recharge my car's A/C with freon when it got low. It was cheap and worked great. But the GL crowd decided that freon was responsible for damaging the ozone (a good trick since freon is heavier than air), so only licensed professionals can handle freon -- at great expense. Entire industries have been killed off (probably because they wouldn't pay protection money in the form of contributions to some environmental wacko organization) by claiming their product would harm "the planet".

We've even lost the right to take a Bible into some areas because the one atheist in the area might be "offended" or made to feel uncomfortable if he saw it in your bookshelf at work.

During WWII, Roosevelt (a Democrat for those of you who didn't get any real history in school) clamped down on a lot of freedoms including the press because we were fighting for our very existence. When the war was finally over, most of the lost freedoms were restored (but not all).

Well, we're in another war which was started by an attack that killed more Americans than the bombing of Pearl Harbor which started WWII, at least for this country. Just like then, the right of habeas corpus has been suspended for enemy combatants. Just like then, we've lost some rights (like the right to board an airplane without being searched). You have to make a personal decision: do you want to take the chance or a terrorist in your airplane or backyard, or do you want someone to do their best to keep the terrorist away from you? So far, the "eeeeeeevil" Pres. Bush has done a pretty good job of keeping the enemy away from you.

But you have to make the tough choice. Then live or die with it.
Klatu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alkalar,

So... your conclusion is 'better the devil you know than the devil you don't know?"
The loss of our freedoms serve a singular purpose. In the early years of this nation there were very few people and no control was desireable, for the purpose of settling the frontier.
Since then there has been a considerable increase in population and a multitude of races attempting to live side by side in a vauge resemblence of a civilized society. Naturally the high priests (politictians) brought in a sacraficial lamb (the American Indian) where we found ourselves on one side or the other (us against them) where we gathered around the flag and slaughtered the lamb, which worked out very well for the remaining folks. It had the lasting effect of polarizing our perception of friend and foe. It later had an unwanted effect of politically fracturing and further polarizing the internal political war between north and south. Both the north and the south barely survive that encounter.

From king Nimrod to king Bush the same battle is waged... control. Control is the product of politics ( greek:poli=many, tics=parasites) the battle field on which this battle is waged is not observable only the effects. The same game is in play on multiple levels at all times. Freedom as the founding fathers envision it run contrary to the ability to control a large population.
As a result they must be phased out in order to make politically correct all the 'wrongs' that exist in this society.
As you pointed out, at times they were prohibited then restored but not completely... accept prohibition, that was a clear succes for the rank and file.
You may need to forgive me for nothaving the same opinion as you concerning W. In my opinion no other president in the history of mankind has had the quality and quantity of militray and industril might as he has, yet on his watch 9/11 happened. They knew it would becasue of all the information systems at their disposal. He was told to let it happen by his handlers. Both clinton and bush were instrumental in releaving the restictions on banks which has cause this current melt down of the economy... again on his watch. 'Yup, were gonna maken pay for hittin the U.S.' Whose paying now? We need anpther sacraficial lamb here!
Oh yeah the game is played on mulitple levels at all times. Don't forget saddam attempted to assinate daddy bush when he was meeting with his arab friends after the quait liberation. It wasn't until daddy bush left office and found a seat in the Carlyle group where all of his contacts came to bare and 'hey look I happen to have a son in a high politcal office in the U.S. perhaps he could be of use with this iraq mess'.
The rest is recent history and headline news, but the game goes on and on.

If anyone feels an ounce of patriotisim and attempts to speak out about the unjust treatment of the taxpayers beware. There are laws that were recently enacted that account such actions as treason, even though the constitution grants us the right to reconstruct out government when it becomes criminal, corrupt and injurious to the constitution. Just try and find an attorney that will take that case.

I think it would make a great board game if it weren't so difficult to understand.

Have you been wondering why Obiden made the statement "The next president's mettle will be tried in the first six months in office? Well, if Osama bin laden is true to form he can't resist moving in for the kill when the U.S. is in a bad economic position.
Hang on to you hat! the next four years is going to be a real hayride. That would bring us to 2012, the time when the mayan calender completes the 'long count'.
Maybe by then we will be tired or war and beat our swords into plow shares and learn war no more.

I really enjoy your posts alkalar!

K
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klatu:

"politics ( greek:poli=many, tics=parasites)"

LMAO!!!!! A good one!!!
alkalar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Klatu

Love your definition of politics. Pretty close to the definition of lawyers.

My definitions:

Lawyer - the lowest form of life on the planet
Politician - a lawyer who's gone bad

9/11 was the third attempt to destroy the twin towers. The first two happened on Clinton's watch. By 9/11/01, Bush had been in office almost exactly 9 months and made the horrible mistake of not replacing the Clinton appointees in the CIA and other agencies -- the same ones who didn't follow up on the first two attempts. In that, he is culpable. He was stupid enough to think that these people could rise above politics and do their jobs. He was wrong. The Clinton folks undermined him at every opportunity. So the "information at his disposal" was horribly flawed. Ultimately his fault for trusting the wrong people (and McCain seems to want to do the same stupid thing).

"constitution grants us the right to reconstruct out government when it becomes criminal, corrupt and injurious to the constitution." Who decides? Each side will accuse the other of being the "criminal, corrupt, injurious" people and the media will obfuscate the issue to boot. I hate to think that force of arms will be required to reclaim the "American Dream". The 2nd Amendment isn't for hunters, it's to make sure the public has a last-ditch capability to retain their freedom, but only if they're willing (like our founding fathers) to put their lives on the line to retain it. If we're willing to play it safe, we may lose our freedom. Hopefully, it won't come to that, but like you said, things are getting ugly and the Mayan calendar is running out (if that has anything to do with anything - prophesy is an inexact art).

Your post was very interesting, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are trying to get across. My fault, I suppose for not being intelligent enough to follow you.
Klatu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alkalar,

Be at ease. I have no intellectual power beyond any common man. If I did, there might be some other evidence to that effect, but since I still work for a living and damn cheap at that, then I can make no claim to the former (if I'm so damn smart why am I so damn poor?).

The point I'm attempting to make on this subject is that it appears to the common folks that the administrators of this nation are so far removed from the problem they intend to fix that they should declare themselves incapable of performing to their constituents expectations. On the other hand there are those administrators that are so close to the problem they can't think outside of the box. In either case a no fix or a bad fix is inevitable.
Both cases are attributes of a classic personal paradym.

It is my highest hope that whatever I post on this site causes the reader to examine their self imposed walls of thought and break their own paradym. In doing so they gain personal power to change the world around them. It is always in small steps at first but in a short while one gets better at it. If you what to change something or anything you must be involved in the process.
As much as we like status quo (a stable counrty side, economy, family rituals, etc) we live in a dynamic state. No matter how tranquil or stable it apprears all things are in a constant state of change. Even if one chooses not to participate in the changing of things one must still participate to ensure stability.
No choice is still a choice.

Re: 9/11
You right, certain people in the CIA were not replaced when W came into office. I can't help thinking that this was a daddy bush decision to prepare to send U.S. troops into Iraq to protect the newly constructed pipeline which the Carlyle group has built. The CIA,NSA,OSS et al have such a good system of information gathering it is not likely they would pass on bad information only untimely information. It is the president's handlers that must connect the dots for the president. Osama is well aware of their capability and stays off the 'grid' which makes him undetectable by those capabilities.

Re: Constitution
The only sure method we have to determine what is 'criminal, corrupt, injurious' to the constitution is to further define the spirit of the constitution. This would require constitutional attorneys working day and night for many years. It would then be a simple task for a judge to determine by preponderance of the evidence if an action was in fact 'criminal, corrupt, injurious'. The time money and effort to accomplish this would be well spent.

Re: 2nd amendment
The right to bare arms was originally intended to repel external invaders but it works just as well to defend against internal invaders. Personally I favor defenistration or even beheading in the town square.

Re: Prophesy
Prophesy is an exact art. That is the only way to tell the real thing from the bullshitters.
In the old testement days when someone claimed to speak for the 'Lord of Hosts' if he or she was wrong they were killed, no questions asked or answered.
As a result we only know about the true prophets because they out lived the critical test and their words were recorded.

Re: Mayan calendar
In recent years many a writer has gotten rich by claiming to know the secretprophesies of the Mayan calendar. The Mayan calendar is an incredibly accurate system of time keeping. They count time in loops or circuits much the same as we do. But they have something called the long count (5125.36 yrs) which is used to mark curtain celestial events. The short story is the begining of the next long count occurs on december 24 2012. It also happens to be the exact time when our solar system passes through the galactic equator.

Perhaps in order to sell their books they have embellished a bit about what might happen. The rumors run anywhere from the second coming of Christ to magnetic polar reversal and everthing inbetween. It's like playing 'pin your fears on the donkey'

That poor damn donkey gets it in the end everytime... when is he going to learn?

K
alkalar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Kaltu

>This would require constitutional attorneys working day and night for many years.

To come up with the wrong answer Laughing

>Personally I favor defenistration or even beheading in the town square.

Let's start at the top. Idea

Prophesy: I disagree. Israel killed almost all of the prophets God sent. Especially in Jerusalem. They killed the last and greatest messenger (God's son) as well (but that bailed the rest of us out of a death sentence). Actually "prophesy" is a process of bringing messages from God to mankind, not necessarily predicting the future. I shouldn't have used the word in my original comment and stuck to "crystal ball gazer" or something similar.

Mayan calendar: Sounds like the predictions of doom that accompanied the so-called "millennium" in 2000 and the real millennium in 2001. And probably just as accurate. Certainly not the "2nd coming" since He will come "like a thief in the night", rather than when everyone expects Him.
Klatu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alkalar,

Re:Prophesy
I agree with your disagreement. As I recall from the old testement only Elijah escaped murder by being taken up. In the new testement I believe only one of the apostles did not die by man's hand. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was James, brother of Jesus.
Ruffly one third of the new testement is prophesy. There has always been disagreement among the 'scholars/experts' of the bible as to the timing and meaning of these writings. So much for the ability of so called experts. Yet, these are the same experts that fill people's minds with their interpretation of revelations, causing them to produce a self imposed paradigm suggested to them by the 'experts'. Nothing but ingnorance and wars have been produced by such techniques.
I believe Jesus is who he says he is. I believe every truth he has spoken. I have no evidence to support what he says which makes me a very poor scientist but a very good student apostle. This requires a constant faith in the unknown and a dependance of his divine provence and grace, more than that my capabilities fail. I'm supposing the rest of fellow believers have the same problem. Ultimately I trust that the judge of all is fair and complete in his judgement, whatever sentence or penance I'm given I will know it is fair and deserving.

Re: The unknown and unknowable
It is clear to me that you have in your life time cultivated wit and reason and knowledge. I have recently read a story that i have a tuff time believing but it may be factual. The following link is a fairly lengthy story of the life experiences of this woman et al. Perhaps you could read it and we could talk about it's validity? In some length it describes how we got into the current situation we live in and why this nation and it's appointees act as they do.

www.natural-person.ca/pdf/mary_croft.pdf

q1:
Where did you handle (Alkalar) come from?
q2:
Are you an author?

K
alkalar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Klatu

Don't know about James. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that John was murdered although he did spend a long time imprisoned on the Isle of Patmos, from which he was apparently eventually released.

I think there is plenty of evidence that Jesus existed (see: http://www.vikingwaters.com/htmlpages/ministry/christianityprimer.htm#jesus. Believing he was more than "just a man" is easy given the miracles he performed. Returning from the dead is a great trick or something that only the son of God could do. I vote for the latter. But it still comes down to faith. "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." -John 20:29 NIV. The NT makes it clear that we are saved by faith; the opposite (death or eternal damnation) has no appeal for me.

Mary Croft's post is certainly long. I'll have to get to it when I have more time.

My name is Allan Kalar, hence the handle. Not very clever I admit, but I am who I am and I'll take responsibility for what I say.

I am indeed an author. Technical non-fiction under my own name, fiction under a pseudonym. I'm also an editor for AKW Books and write their blog on How to Get Published http://www.akwbooks.com/authors/authorblog/blog/. A great job for a good outfit. They publish eBooks and give their authors a fair shake and top royalties. Not a vanity press and they only publish good stuff (very picky). Putting together an exciting "hard" science fiction book by Bruce Davis right now. Had trouble editing it since I went into "reader mode" the first time through and forgot to be critical; what a trip! That Which is Human should be available for sale sometime next week if the author gets his "who am I" material to me in the next couple of days.

I don't particularly want to post my email address here because that would be "in clear" and the spam spiders would find it. However, if you want to correspond directly, you can contact me via AKW at: http://www.akwbooks.com/BookStore/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update. I get a copy of all emails sent from that form. Reference me and the other folks who monitor emails will ignore it.
phillip j why

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom?
Perhaps you should be less concerned about freedom and more concerned about how you raise your kids!
TheTimMan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't worrying about freedom improve the life of his kids? Everything is connected. You seem like you're on a rampage.
phillip j why

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the rampaging idiocy this forum suffers is nothing short of an insult to Mr TIM allan!

I think my freedoms are under impeachment with this thread.

I imagine this fellow to have a painted blue face running around a field like Mel Gibson shouting at the top of his voice!

Settle!
TheTimMan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is impeaching your freedoms. You are totally allowed to do and say whatever you want. Maybe you're not making decisions that make you happy...that's not our fault.

This forum has a life of it's own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Really Big Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: