TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

How Jesus walked through a wall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ibyung

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: How Jesus walked through a wall Reply with quote

Hope Tim reads this - I am a fellow Michigander, originally from Monroe. If nothing is truly solid, if we have spaces between the atoms that make us up, then it is possible for Jesus to walk through a wall, as is mentioned in the Bible.

He would have to have been so "one with the universe" and his creation, that his spaces would have aligned with the solid parts of the wall, and the solid parts of his atoms would have aligned with the "spaces" that the wall has, and voila!
psawrench

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: The Tao of Physics Reply with quote

Check out this book to get a pretty believable rational into how this could possibly occur. It goes beyond Western thinking.
Lunar Hotel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Walk On Wah-Wah Reply with quote

Oh my gosh. Now it begs the question, "Could God create a wall so dense that not even Jesus could walk through it?"

Or are humans so dense a creation He doesn't need walls . . .

LunarLodge: "The Last Best Space"
bivia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Just a test, but now that you mention it... Reply with quote

Hi. The board broke a little, and now I need to post to make sure it's fixed. I figured that I'd post here, being a physicist in a previous life...

It's an interesting thought, but it assumes that particles in reality are like marbles with clearly defined boundaries between what is and what is not the marble. Real particles are merely clouds of densely interacting forces, and as soon as you imagine them being clouds it's pretty difficult to imagine solid parts aligning with spaces -- because there's no such thing as either. Anyway, if it were possible for matter to pass through matter, then high-energy physicists who make a living smashing things together would have a tough time of it.

But I don't think you need to justify such stuff with science. Whether you treat the Biblical stories as fact or parable, the important part is what it transforms in you, not how it explains your atomic structure.
bivia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Just another test. Pay me no mind. Reply with quote

I am Schroedinger's Programmer. I am both here, and not here.

That sounds like some top secret government spy stuff. "Name's Schroedinger. I was never here."
ibyung

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: The Tao of Physics Reply with quote

psawrench wrote:
Check out this book to get a pretty believable rational into how this could possibly occur. It goes beyond Western thinking.

What book is that? And did Tim Allen look fearful on his face while riding the Harley in Wild Hogs or what? For a man who loves physics, perhaps he could have depended on inertia to keep him safe!
jdc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: How Jesus walked through a wall Reply with quote

ibyung wrote:
Hope Tim reads this - I am a fellow Michigander, originally from Monroe. If nothing is truly solid, if we have spaces between the atoms that make us up, then it is possible for Jesus to walk through a wall, as is mentioned in the Bible.

He would have to have been so "one with the universe" and his creation, that his spaces would have aligned with the solid parts of the wall, and the solid parts of his atoms would have aligned with the "spaces" that the wall has, and voila!

A US General (I think) tried to replicate this. He featured in a book called Men Who Stare At Goats, written by a journalist named Jon Ronson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: