TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What kind of Sci Fi does Tim like?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest (jmralls2001)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Has Tim Seen Sliders? Reply with quote

Cool Tim, have you seen Sliders? It's not a movie, not yet at least, but I think it's one of the best sci-fi shows ever on tv. Course, although I personally thought the 3-5 seasons were good they weren't as good as the first two. I like the original cast and concept. Also, I think Tru Calling is another good one, an underrated one. Eliza Dushku is great on that. I heard there might be a Sliders movie eventually. I think Galaxy Quest is an awesome movie. The Back to the Future movies are cool too. A lot of my favorite sci-fi movies are based on comic books, Batman, Hulk, Superman, X-men, Daredevil, to name a few.

Josh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, Have you seen any of the Superhero movies like Spider-man?
Rachael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has seen them. I saw some pictures on a website. Tim said in a post that Spiderman was his favorite superhero.

Laughing Rachael
toolfool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tim!

I see you've listed Ringworld among your preferences...ever read the sequel? It's called Ringworld Engineers. It ties up most of the loose ends from the first book, and is a really good read, besides!

Mostly, I like stories about time-travel. In such stories, anything is possible. But I also adore alien contact, as well.
BayouBecky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it mentioned, but what about Doctor Who? (Come on, cheesy, oh yes, but hey, the new 2005 series is awesome! Laughing )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
J5550123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Novel. Reply with quote

I love Science Fiction!!! I am planning on writing a Science Fiction novel soon. I'm coming up with ideas tonight. Very Happy
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY HEY HEY What about Star Trek-The Next Generation??? I loved that stuff on TV and used to watch it every afternoon. Before doing my homework (as a creative break so to say). The ship was stylish and so were the extraterrestrians. Didn't Lt. Worf look fabulous? And Lt.Cmdr. Data? I loved the mere thought of this android! I was happy when he finally got his emotionchip implanted that enabled him to understand the jokes he had heard several years before. I love the Star Trek movies!!! And I must confess that I cried when Data died to save his captain Crying or Very sad ...and of course the rest of the world!!! Wink
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the very early Star Trek Episodes I loved Uhura´s dress.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have that replicator. It turns energy into whatever you want! And the Holo decks are great entertainment. I'd want that, too. Laughing
alkalar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sci. fiction Reply with quote

k.c. wrote:
I have read a lot of science fiction over the years, and one thing I have always wondered, (and I think Douglas Adams was the exception) why is there so little humor in most Science Fiction?
I think that is why I enjoyed "Galaxy Quest" and "Futurama" so much. Most Science fiction writers take the future way too serious!
I would hope even aliens would have a sense of humor. Perhaps even a more advance whoopee cushion..????

Try the following: Piers Anthony's Xanth series (if you like puns) and Robert Asprin's Phule's Company series.
alkalar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:
Matrix was a real eye opener and it hit me at a deep mental level. 2001 set a benchmark for confusing but cool. Pitch Black was quiet suprise with one of the best opening crash sequences I have seen. Love Dune.

If you loved the movie Dune, try reading the book. There's a reason it won both the Hugo and Nebula awards. The movie versions pale by comparison, especially the phony "weirding modules" in the older movie version. Herbert did a superb job, then messed it up by trying to write some sequels that never lived up to the first book (but made him lots of money, so I guess there was a justification for it). Wink
russell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, most of my favorite sci-fi movies are only secondarily classified as such. Things like Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, Galaxy Quest, and the Men in Black
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: