TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Could Home Improvement make a comeback???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euan Buchan wrote:
Wilson's neice I think she aparantly moved in with Wilson so there isn't any reason why she would still be living there.

Why not?
rela

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it would be great that she continues to live there.At least,she could say:Heidi ho,neighbour!Lol...
sabrina

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything goes possible, but I hope yes... Smile
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willow was cool!!! Maybe she could study philosophy now...
cewillis

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariaarcondo wrote:
I heard Tim more than once, telling he wants to make a movie based on H.I.

Well... I hope he will.

Come on, Tim !!

A movie would definitely work. A revival of the series -- I don't think it could ever be as good.
rela

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nothing,they could do a theater show like they did years ago.
Grayson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah all good thoughts. I like that !!
Americanarcher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think in possibilities. A "new" HI series could do just as good as the "old" one, but it has to avoid the pitfalls and traps of past sequel series. 1.) It has to have it's own purpose: It should have some reason to exist other than to pay homage to cast and chemestry of old. 2.) It must have a plot line that can stand on its own: It must not rely on kitchy references to the "old" series, and cannot be afraid to explore the new and leave the old behind. 3.) It cannot become a showcase for characters on the "Old" series: We all loved the cast from the original series and the proper place to preserve them is in TiVo or on the DVD shelf. The characters in the "New" series should be there because they make sense in the overall plot. The "new" series should also acknowledge how the characters that are still present from the "old" series have changed over time.
I like reading all of the ideas here about putting on a new series. They all look great, just be sure that if a new series is made it can stand on its own merits apart from the old one, so someone can watch it and enjoy every minute without ever having seen the old series. I think this absolutely can be done, but only if the actors and writers are willing to put nose to grindstone once more for the betterment of evening television watchers everywhere. Cool
hhaustralia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least a reunion show or episode would be good. Cmon Tim, stop the movies and do some real TV!!! We haven't had a decent sitcom in over 10 years!
rela

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true!
hhaustralia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon Tim, call up Richard, Pat, JTT, ZTB, TNS and Debbie and get something organised. Surely Richard is sick of Bingo by now!! You could make jokes about it in Season 9....or in the reunion show??

PLEASE
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhaustralia

You are so right ! I miss a good show ! Tim is the BEST in TV. You should be making a show, Mr. Allen ! Please !!!
hhaustralia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can do it, you can too Tim.

This has just recently happened here in Oz.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25831645-661,00.html

Maybe we should start up a facebook page Laughing
jt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home Improvement dealt with being middle aged: being parents, holding on to jobs, among other things, but if it came back it could be about the next stage in life: pending retirement, having grown kids, grand kids, etc. Tim could maybe go on to middle management (and the troubles there), Al could take over the show (along with the interaction with Tim), Jill could have completed her Ph.D. in Psychology, and a younger couple could move in next door, where now instead of Tim receiving advice, he has to deal with trying to offer advice! I'm sure there could a whole bunch of new and funny situations. Call it "The Other Side of the Fence", or some such thing. Just some thoughts... I just wish it would come back!
hhaustralia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT. Hmm, your not JTT are you, wanting to get a job? Very Happy

How about:

It's 10 years on, Tim and Jill didn't move. Tim has been out of a job all this time, Jill has been getting the money from her Psychology.

Then Tim get's a phone call, it's Morgan Wandell. He has news that Bob Vila has just quit his home improvement show and wants Tim to come back to do Tool Time, but this time on "real" TV, not cable. Binford is now a national tool outlet, as big as Sears.

Al and Trudy have been married for 10 years, but Al is starting to get attached to Trudy, much like his mother, and doing everything she wants. They eventually move in next door to Tim (Wilson's House), and Tim offers Al advice, much the way Wilson did.

The boys... well.

Brad became a soccer star, until his knee injury flared up again, so he had to quit and has been working at Harry's Hardware since, along with Jeff and Marty (who is now married to Heidi). Brad is still living at home.

Mark is a TV show producer in Detroit, and has been creating Sitcoms for 5 years. Also still living at home.

Randy is now married to Lauren, and they bought Doc Johnson's house. He moved out because there wasn't enough competition in the neighbourhood for the lights. Randy is also constantly troubled by Lauren (much the way Tim was with Jill), and spends most of the time over at his parents place. Their nearest neighbour is Antonio the waiter from the restaurant.

Benny still hangs out at the Hardware store. Harry & Delores came back to Detroit, but Harry decided not to take back the business (mainly due to Delores). He is now retired and spends his time also hanging out at the store.

Just a few ideas, even for a reunion show. One thing is for certain I would like to see JTT return if they ever did one. The only drawback with a movie is it doesn't have the same feel as the real sitcom, no audience reactions etc.

How about it Tim, you have said and I quote "I really miss that family", "I would love to do the Taylors in Paris", "I had no idea how much I loved that show", dust off that set that is sitting in the Calfornian warehouse at get too it!!! It is a family show, I mean you won the "Fan Favourite award". This is what people want in 2010. They don't want any of these new so called "sitcoms". They love the old ones. Just if your going to do a reunion/new season, do it before it's too late.

Please Mr.Allen consider it.

Thanks for reading
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Home Improvement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: