TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Pedophilia as capital crime?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyWriter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the improvement in adding a number of people becoming killers in prosecuting these cases? That's really adding a lot of good memories to an already horrible ordeal. It is not how to reamin better than them. How about working on just prosecuting more of them in the first place and find better ways of understanding what is happening to stop it.

Thank you for your deep concern on this. That is a good kind outrage to hear.
artist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Punishment, What A Capital Idea Reply with quote

A friend of mine, a man I've known since childhood, was repeatedly molested by his family priest. My friend is more screwed up from that childhood experience than anyone can imagine. He is in his 40's now, he is still angry at god. He will never be the person he could have been, his life, so far, is effectively ruined.

Capital punishment is fair.
Beau Goldly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: A Capital Idea Reply with quote

artist wrote:

I wouldn't say it was fair. But I would say it is just.
joalis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retribution is unneccesary.
Beau Goldly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: re-educate Bill. Reply with quote

joalis wrote:

Elimination is.

But, as weak as our current justice system is (and as innane as the ACLU is), CP is the only option.

We eliminated common sense long ago. WE lessened the options.
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joalis wrote:

This hasn't happened to you or one of your children, has it?
joalis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it hasn't.

Punishment should not be designed to bring closure and comfort to the victims. I'm all for bringing comfort and closure to victims, but it shouldn't be in the form of harm to the perpetrator. That's totally the wrong way to go about it.

My cousin was murdered, and I couldn't care less what kind of punishment they gave his killer, only that he can't or won't do it again. It's not necessary to kill him to ensure that, though.
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joalis wrote:
No, it hasn't.

Punishment should not be designed to bring closure and comfort to the victims. I'm all for bringing comfort and closure to victims, but it shouldn't be in the form of harm to the perpetrator. That's totally the wrong way to go about it.

My cousin was murdered, and I couldn't care less what kind of punishment they gave his killer, only that he can't or won't do it again. It's not necessary to kill him to ensure that, though.

I'm very sorry to hear about your cousin. A friend of mine was murdered twelve years ago, and the thought that his killer only got six months still infuriates me.

One thing you must know about pedophiles - they can't be cured. And the way our justice system is currently designed, they will be released, and they will do it again. Unless, of course, they're dead.
joalis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the justice system should be changed. They should not be released.
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They shouldn't, but that creates another problem. They will then have to be put somewhere for the rest of their (un)natural lives, and that costs money - over $100,000 annually. That money comes out of your pockets, my pockets - every taxpayer is footing the bill for these monsters. It would be easier, and cheaper, just to kill them.
joalis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. It costs a lot more money to house them in death row, for some reason, and they stay there for years and years. We would save far more money by releasing the thousands of offenders who aren't a threat to the general public, than executing the thousands that are.
Beau Goldly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Send Them To The Moon - without oxygen . . . Reply with quote

joalis wrote:
It costs a lot more money to house them in death row,

Yes, it does. But do we run prisons as a viable business or, as they were intended, to keep them away from society regardless the cost.

If there was some way to KEEP them there, it would be different. But they keep getting out.

I spent many years putting many of them away. One of them four times in a two year period. And his sentence totalled 140 years. The question is: how much money is too much to spend to keep one child safe?

Until we get rid of judges EVERY year they won't get it.
artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: A Capital Idea Reply with quote

Beau Goldly wrote:
artist wrote:

I wouldn't say it was fair. But I would say it is just.

You say potato, I say taters. You say tomato, I say maters.

Fair....just.....yeah, that's what I meant. And, it is.
artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Roach Hotel, They Check In, But They Don't Check Out Reply with quote

joalis wrote:

joalis, look at it this way. Everyone is dying, some are just at a really slow pace with it. An execution just speeds up the natural process. And it also nicely eliminates that problem.
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is probably one of the worst ways to look at it. Sometimes criminals justify killing people by saying things like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: