TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Pedophilia as capital crime?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Pedophilia as capital crime? Reply with quote

First off, Tim - congratulations again on your marriage. I saw you on some of the talk shows promoting SC3, and I had to laugh at some of the stories you told about adjusting to married life again.

What you said about the effects of abuse on children struck a chord with me, as I am an adult survivor of abuse. Most days I'm okay - and that took years of therapy to achieve - but there are some days that are horrible and I can barely crawl out of bed, let alone face the world. I'm told that because of the severity of the abuses I suffered as a child and adolescent, I will probably need antidepressants for the rest of my life.

The worst part is that my perpetrator never had to face criminal charges, as the authorities considered it to be my word against his. He died seventeen years ago; I can only hope that he's faced the Great Judge and has received eternal punishment.

Should pedophilia be considered a capital crime? Unequivocally, yes. I know I'm not the only adult survivor who will have to live with the effects of abuse (physical and emotional) for the rest of my life. And the effects are far-reaching; it destroys or alters relationships with other family members who had little or nothing to do with the abuse in the first place.

Okay, I'm done with the depressing lecture of the day. On a lighter note, I hope that you and Jane have the merriest of Christmases. And don't worry about the cardboard cutout at the foot of the bed - if you really want to tease your wife, get creative with some Post-Its. Laughing
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeannie. You, more than anyone can speak about that.
Beau Goldly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Why Death? Why Not Justice? Reply with quote

As long as justice is not swift and sure (the main problem with America's judicial system) the way the Constitution provided for, what deterrant is making pedophilia a capitol crime accomplishing?

It has always been a capitol crime in my book. Touch one of mine and you will not live to regret it. There is no such thing as a "first time offender" in pedophilia. Ridding the world of them should be a cause, not a punishment.

But why spend $1 million housing and defending the suckers (thank you oh so much ACLU) when they can be picking up soap in the showers until that fatal last day, at a much reduced rate.

I have seen, firsthand, the results of their addiction. There are NO survivors. Except for the perp who gets let out on probation by judges we keep in office.

And every Holiday season the stats spike higher. Why? Adults more concerned about what presents to get than what attention to pay.

See something unusual? Report it. Don't worry about the time it will take away from your shopping experience. The bad guys know this. That's why the bathrooms at the Mall are their favorite targets.

It only needs to happen once. The perp will forget about it. They just move on to the next little innocent child. The victim will never outlive it.

Ever.
joalis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all violent threats to society (murder, rape, etc) should be locked away for life, and anyone convicted of a victimless crime should be let out. Anyone convicted of a nonviolent white collar or property crime should be let out and given a more appropriate punishment than separation from society. Jail should only be used to keep violent people away from the rest of us. There would be no need to put anyone to death. We would have plenty of room to house dangerous people if we free up space be letting people go who aren't a physical threat to us.
The whole concept of "punishment" is the wrong way to go about administering justice. We'd be a lot better off if we looked at it as a personal safety issue.
Beau Goldly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: It Only Hurts When I Scream . . . Reply with quote

joalis wrote:
anyone convicted of a victimless crime should be let out.

Know how many people are killed, raped, subjected to underaged, unwanted sex acts per pound of cocaine? The government actually made a study of that.

That's a "victimless" crime, right?

Oh. And it was the Columbian government, education division that made that study.

They don't quote the man who presented the study, anymore. He was murdered.

So many victims - too many "lesses."
joalis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing and raping and subjecting others to unwanted sex are crimes with victims.

An individual using coke in his apartment is a crime without a victim.
Lunar Hotel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Rocket Man Reply with quote

joalis wrote:

An individual using coke in his apartment is a crime without a victim.

Whoa. Logic like that I gotta respond to.
If not for the nucklehead in his apartment, all those people murdered along the way might still be vacationing in paradise.

Let's see.
Supply/Demand
No demand/No supply

Yer not a rocket scientist, are you?
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't illegal, all the corruption from the drug trade would be absent. The user is just some Joe having a good time.
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Back on topic, folks? Reply with quote

Uh, ladies and gents... I think the topic was Pedophilia as a capital crime.
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry...

I do not think it should be a capital crime. I am opposed to the death penalty, for anyone, for any reason.
Lunar Hotel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joalis wrote:
The user is just Joe Somebody having a good time.

If I remember correctly Joe Somebody would never have a good time doing that.

Oh, and like Jeanie821 said. You're off topic.
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do arabs do in those cases? With these kind of crime? Maybe that's the answer. I do not know. It is a very hard issue.
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria, I'm interested in knowing why you brought up Arabs. Are their punishments harsher?
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know why I answered this topic, I realize this not an easy issue. I tried to find out something else in order to punish this kind of crimes. That is all.
joalis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I think they should go to jail for life, unless they can be transferred to a mental hospital. Pedophilia is incurable. Anyone who acts on it is a danger to the public.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: