TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Galaxy Quest Sequel?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on the Silver Screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taliaan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Sequel? Reply with quote

From Insomniacmania.com

Pam
===============================================
Galaxy Quest Sequel Proposed And Never Made! Will It Ever Come Out Of DreamWorks Vault? - August 4th 2006

In news that somewhat beggars belief, Tim Allen, star of the great sci fi parody "Galaxy Quest" has revealed to Sci Fi Wire that a sequel treatment for the movie exists but it has not yet been made.

He mentioned the proposed sequel, whilst promoting his latest movie, "Zoom", which parodies superheroes in a similar fashion. Here's exactly what he said regarding the forgotten sequel:

"You'd have to ask DreamWorks. There is one there. To this day, I don't understand what that's about. But that's all studio stuff. I really have to stay out of that stuff."

It's hard to believe that DreamWorks have never made a sequel to the movie. After all, I would say it was probably not only one of the best "Star Trek" parodies of all time, but also one of the most realistic films when it came to depicting somewhat nerdy sci fi conventions, which the makers of this site must admit we have been to!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bronzebabe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: GQ sequel Reply with quote

they Really need to let GQ be what it is... original, and SO funny! when you do sequels, you ruin the original usually... some people Can get away with that- some cant... why try?
kat_button

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original GQ is one of my fave films so doing a sequel would be good but inevitably they are not as good as the original
bronzebabe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree...
why mess with success!
home_improvement_fan1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree most sequals are not that great. But the Santa Clause sequal was AWESOME!! the toy story sequal was great so i think a sequal would be a good idea. usually from what i have read tim goes through the script to make sure it is perfect. i think that they should make a galaxy quest 2. galaxy quest is also 1 of my all time fave movies. Very Happy
bronzebabe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasnt as thrilled with the Santa Clause sequel, but yeah, Toy Story 2 was a good one. My 9 year old owns those!
I liked the GQ because it was original!
Nice work Tim!
LOL
taliaan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you guys... (sound familiar, lol). I just ordered the Cletis Tout movie. The more ya'll talk about Galaxy Quest, the more I want to buy that one, too.

Money money, money. Wish I had some, don't you?

Pam
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bronzebabe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you WILL want GQ!
Subliminal suggestions being sent Your way!
LOL!!
taliaan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subliminal suggestions! Oh, no! I'll have to get some aluminum foil and put on my head!

Which movie did that come from, where they put foil on their heads so the aliens couldn't communicate with them? I think it was "Signs" with Mel Gibson, but I' not sure...

Pam

P.S. When you send those subliminal suggestions, could you maybe send me some money for the GQ vidoe at the same time? LOL... Just kidding, of course...
bronzebabe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!!
RockGypsy01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Sequel Reply with quote

Not sure how a GQ Sequel would have played out - but all things being equal, it could have succeeded. I would give any movie with Tim in a fair chance of success (even if the critics bombed it), but with the ensemble cast (such as Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub etc) even a moderate script could have faired well. Sadly, Daryl Mitchell experienced a severe motorcycle accident in 2001, and became paralyzed from the waist down.
bronzebabe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: GQ sequel Reply with quote

yes a sequel doesn't seem in the works... too bad too!
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wonder, why Tim is making such a secret about his further plans after releasing Wild Hogs. Maybe he already works on the script for GQ2? Who knows. If you ask me IŽd prefer another movie, no sequels, unfortunately no one asks me Wink
bronzebabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... is he being secretive or is he taking a rest? I wonder
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bronzebabe wrote:
hmm... is he being secretive or is he taking a rest? I wonder

We don't know !! He is nowhere !! We don't hear about him !! Is he promoting Wild Hogs? If he asks me, well. I say... it is time !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on the Silver Screen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: