TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Don't Stand Too Close To A Naked Man
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taliaan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Don't Stand Too Close To A Naked Man Reply with quote

Since I'm a relatively new fan of Tim Allen's, I decided t get his books from the library to get a better feel (I wish) of this man.

This book, as much as I have read so far, is absolutely hysterical! I've been laughing so hard, I'm waiting on my neighbors to send the men in the little white coats to come and take me for a nice long ride...

I've also ordered Tim Allen Live Onstage. I think I've seen those concerts (do you call them concerts???), but it has been a while back. Even then, I thought he was hysterical. I can't wait to see them again, and finish these books...

Pam (talia)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
intercell369

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Tim is so funny. Reply with quote

I havn't read any of his books, but I think I will get that one. I've seen his live comedy on video, and he's great. But my fav. is Tim the tool man Taylor. Well Jungle to Jungle was good too.
More_Power

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing all about Tim's Book's on here over the weekend , i decided to go to town and get em Very Happy
Ive just got back , i went into lots of shops and they had heard of it but didnt have it -
then i went to Wh Smith trying to get "Im not really here" As i had an idea of what that one was about , and they didnt have it , but they said , theyer computer says they cant order it in , so i said try "Don't Stand To Close To A Naked Man" and that was there , so she asked if i wanted to order it , but the woman serving me was laughing , and i was like what going on here Rolling Eyes , and i had'nt even read a review or whatt this was about then i thought , wait a minute is this a book for women or something.....
so then i was hesitant to order it , i was like Confused aM I ordering a WOMANS BOOK!!

But then i thought , wait a minute this was wrote by TIM ALEN
The man Who invented jokes about the female sex , so by that i got
an idea of what it would be about and orderd it , i got home and read a few reviews which comfirmed my theory that this book is well and truley a tim allen book!!!!!!! Razz Bring on the Laughter!!!!!!!
I have also got the woman in waterstones to contact the publisher to see if she can get them to send them a set of book's ( IM NOT REALLY HERE ) so i can buy one , so shes emailing them tonite , so hopefully ill have the 2 by next week

Also , can any one on here tell me a little of what this books about -
i just read a quote saying "Truley A Mans Book, And Supriseingly Also A Great Read For Women , and a few others , alot of them dont reallly , shed much light onit

my guess is an autobiography with the tim allen comedy in and his hysterical respect for women , but im not too sure
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont you just order them via Amazon.com? Thats a lot easier.
More_Power

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know , i took aloot on amazon , there was only second hand ones in the uk , and when im buying something to keep rather than to read once , i perfer to buy it new.
And , i also thought of looking on other sites , but i thought id just explore town , see what i could find , go round all the shops ,
Seemed More fun than ordering and waiting for it to come
masls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading this book now since 7 or 8 weeks. My problem ist: I'm german and my english isn't the best. So i think i understand only 30%-40% of the jokes.

The german translation Wer hat Angst vorm nackten Mann? was sold for about 5 $ - 7$ in 1996. But now the book is very rare and it will be offerd for about 50 $ up to 65 $. Much as I'd like to but it's to expensive for me Sad

His next books wasn't translated in german till now........ it's hard to be a tim allen fan in germany Wink

regards,

masls
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is hard to be a fan of Tim in Germany, imagine a fan in Paraguay !! hehe
Reeeally hard !! But I try every day !! Laughing

Come on , Tim !!
J5550123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read this book, but I remember when I was four years old, I had The Santa Clause on VHS, and I remember the trailer for this book. Probably because it was Tim Allen's book.
rela

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read just few pages that can be read on Amazon.com,and I can't get the real book anywhere here!In no one book store!
Anyway,I was laughing so hard... Laughing I would give anything to have that book.
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it via Amazon.de and it only costed 5 Euros.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_/303-4745812-1505043?__mk_de_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Denglish-books&field-keywords=tim+Allen&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, did you get it in germany???
I bought it via Amazoon.de today. Im looking foreward to get this book, but im a little afraid there could happen something difficult. You know, like need tp pay more money,..... transportation problems, i hope i get it soon, so i can start reading
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me wrote:
so, did you get it in germany???
I bought it via Amazoon.de today. Im looking foreward to get this book, but im a little afraid there could happen something difficult. You know, like need tp pay more money,..... transportation problems, i hope i get it soon, so i can start reading

Transportation problems? I live in Austria and I order via Amazon.de too. I never had delivery problems. And why should you pay more, than the displayed price? As I said before, I never experienced any problems with Amazon. You order - you pay - they deliver.
Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds good, but im afraid of....you know those "Zollkosten" ^^

well, that doesnt matter anymore, anyways, i allready ordered it, ...^^
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girl, thats like you buy it in the store.
Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea......okay!! ....
I just never bought something on the internet *appart from Osiander....but thats something different.*
But, okay.... i will relax a little..... think possitiv, hahahaha!!!
Im excited to get my book.....

Thanks for help. ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: