TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

How do you meet people?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: How do you meet people? Reply with quote

How do you get in contact with the other gender? Do you go out a lot (Discos, Bars), do you share a hobby? Do you work with someone you like to date? Do you meet people on the internet?

I donīt go out a lot, at the moment I donīt have enough money to do that. I only have two good friends, one is in Zurich, the other one doesnīt always have time to go out. I spend a lot of time at home online. I have thought about internet dating, but was always a little afraid to try it out.
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, people! 22 views and no answer?
linda groff

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: response Reply with quote

Darlin', I believe in Fate. It happened to me, at the craziest of times, with nothing in its favor. 30 years later, I can tell you with truth...I believe in Fate.

I also believe (that) when we get out of the way, when we sort of let our minds breathe, Fate has the space to march in...in forms and faces and values we would have never believed.
jedimastertahl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always found this to be true: If you are looking, you will not meet the right person. When you are not looking, then a compatible person will just appear! Besides, isn't it a blast to just talk to all different kinds of people, whether it be in person or online? I think so.
syvell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm married now.... Wink And I met my husband on the net... On a Forum (not a dating thing or anything like that), strangely enough. Didn't plan on it. We just happened to be on that forum around the same period of time in our lives and we clicked right away. It was mad. It was destiny, because I was never the going out type...
jedimastertahl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! How very lucky you are!
jedimastertahl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met a wonderful man online last July in a forum also. We began communicating by IM every day on August 1st and it wasn't long before we realized we loved each other.

I know you would say that is rather fast, but like in syvell's post, we both feel it was destined for us to meet.

The only thing is I am in America and he is in the UK.
syvell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my now-husband was in England, I'm in Germany. He came to visit me twice for a week and then he moved to Germany... We've been together for 6 years now, married for 6 months and our relationship seems to get better and better. Smile We're not your "typical" couple, but that just makes it even more special. We just go very well together and it was meant to be. Despite all the problems. Since then I definitely believe in destiny. Smile

There's only one problem: money. Since the language barrier is still there and he finds it pretty difficult to learn German, he doesn't have a job. I hope he'll find a job at some point, he's really good with computers and stuff. Still: it's very very difficult!

We keep talking about moving to the UK at some point. My dream is to live in a nice English contryside. I'm sick of Germany. But that is a long way away. Too many commitments here. And no money. We just get by. Sad
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he should employ in a brithish company, that has offices in Germany. Wouldnīt that make moving to England easier?
Lunar Hotel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Analog or Digital? Reply with quote

Bermudagirl wrote:
How do you meet people?

In person.
jedimastertahl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have good news! My BF in England is coming to visit me here in the US next month. Wow, I am so happy!
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wants to meet me. Sad
Someday... never comes. (Creedence)

But... I am an optimist person Laughing Laughing
Enric-spain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you meet people? Reply with quote

Now I'm 13 so that I meet by school
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hossie88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i met my boyfriend in work in a supermarket !! we both used to work together !!!!(dunnes stores for any irish ppl!!!!) im with him 7months now and its gettin even stronger !!!!
RockGypsy01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hossie88 wrote:
i met my boyfriend in work in a supermarket !! we both used to work together !!!!(dunnes stores for any irish ppl!!!!) im with him 7months now and its gettin even stronger !!!!

Nice profile - I was at University on a postgrad course in 2004, met a woman on the course, and dated for a few weeks - We weren't boyfriend/girlfriend (pretty close - so near yet so far), but after a date free zone for years, it represented a temporary oasis.

If only life were as presented within the Richard Linklater movies 'Before Sunrise' (1995) and 'Before Sunset' (2004) (both starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy). For a true romantic, both of these movies are recommended, and even 'Two Days in Paris' (2007) (written by, directed by, and starring Julie Delpy) is worth a look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: