TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Question for Tim about his stand up comedy years.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwo1973

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Question for Tim about his stand up comedy years. Reply with quote

First I must say I have always been a fan of yours. I can relate to you because of my love for cars and tools. Grew up around it. In fact I used the dashboard of our 72 Dodge Charger as a teether. So I have the taste of cars in my blood. Anyrate my question for is. I am a beginning comic who is finding it difficult at times to get open mike at times. Did you experience this when you first got started? How often were you doing open mike?
TimAllen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a 'hook' to distinguish myself. I just kept at it. But you've got to have a thick skin, and some great material.
gwo1973

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to find my hook, so far its beginning to look my monster truck sound effects work. I have thick skin. Material is ok, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I took a comedy class, that Jeff Jena was instructing in Newport, Kentucky. I am sure it will evolve and I will find my niche audience. Thanks for the reply Tim.

Gary
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: