TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Gap between the rich and the poor expands - Req. of Tim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miabella

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Gap between the rich and the poor expands - Req. of Tim Reply with quote

I handle Industry Relations for a newly formed statewide non-profit focused on manufacturing and technology here in Colorado. (I see you were born in Denver.) Would you consider doing a public/community video regarding the value of manufacturing in the U.S.? And, in particular, the value of it in Colorado?

Your journal post is so relative! The mass offshoring of manufacturing from the U.S. is significantly impacting/eroding our middle class in America. The economic multiplier effect of manufacturing jobs in the U.S. is significant. The domino effect is that we are seeing significant decreases in the enrollment of science and engineering educations because the jobs are eroding. The development of new technologies and sciences here in the U.S. require us to grow that skill set here.

I'm attempting to rally the manufacturers across Colorado together to 'collaborate to compete' in today's environment. As I think about the type of spokesperson I'd love to have relay these important messages, you came to mind because I heard that you are a native of Colorado and Michigan (another huge manufacturing mecca). Your Home Improvement show had a big emphasis on Tool Time. Manufacturing starts with the tooling and machining industry designing tools and equipment to make other things.

Would you consider being the spokesperson in Colorado about the value of manufacturing? I'd love to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Jo Ann 'Miabella' Galvan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> New Discoveries All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: