TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Bubbleverse concepts... Quantum string theory...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inconvenient Facts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Bubbleverse concepts... Quantum string theory... Reply with quote

Really quick question...

Anyone have any thoughts on the work of Dr. Michio Kaku in regards to the "bubbleverse"?

http://www.doubledeckerbuses.org/psican/

The universe is not indifferent to intelligence, it is actively hostile to it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubbleverse concepts... Quantum string theory... Reply with quote

Inconvenient Facts wrote:
Really quick question...

Anyone have any thoughts on the work of Dr. Michio Kaku in regards to the "bubbleverse"?

yes i do
its just an idea which is out there, way out there
Inconvenient Facts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you're not a believer in the concept of the multiverse?

Of course, like any good sceptic (in other words, someone who doubts, not denies nor believes with blind faith,) my juries out, but I have to admit that the concept is tantalizing... it would also go a long way to explain some of the more "unbelievable" things in our universe.

Granted, I always held a small thing for the time/space mesh as opposed to line... so Kaku's books intrigued me.

Evropej

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a difference between things that make good reading or science fiction and scientific material which can be debated on solid ground
if you venture out towards good reading material, debates can go on forever
mind you that i encourage debates but i choose not to get involved in them
by the way, i have my own outrageous ideas myself if you are wondering
Inconvenient Facts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't challenging, I was simply asking opinions... and commented...

I agree that without solid (simplistic) grounding, any theory, hypothesis, or even concept is subject to change and/or variation upon discovery, I simply was stating that the "bubbleverse" and/or any multi-dimensional theoretical universe is interesting...

...even then, certain "absolutes" don't stay that way in certain situations...

The "laws" of physics have been known to occasionally stray from the "absolutes"... but never too far in recent times!

Back to the subject at hand, let's face facts, however... without literally "bumping" into one of the parallel universes and reaching into to it to haul back empirical evidence, it's completely subjective...

I just think it's an interesting concept...

...and as for "reading material", Kaku's writing isn't as dry as many of the text and tomes I've trudged through!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Teaching please Reply with quote

Only learning this material from other non-physics science classes maybe you can answer or theorize the answer to a question. If your universe is ever expanding, before it implodes, what exactly are we expanding into? To us our universe is enormous exponentially. How is this to be so large if we are expanding into nothing?
Evropej

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is something to make your head ache a bit
mind you, you will need some math and modern physics to understand it correctly
train with length L
tunnel with length L
train has a bomb in it
train has a diffusion sensor in front of it
train has a detination sensor in the rear
use theory of relativity
two things happen:
if you are on the train, bomb goes off
if you are off the train, bomb does not go off
multiple universe thoery with science applications
Shocked

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What matters. So the explosion is creating something out of nothing similar to a person blowing a larger and larger bubble? Is it the exact recipe of the contents of space (which some think of as nothingness) that scientists are trying to determine? Any information about the oceans that can be helpful to understanding astronomy?
sassylassy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Bubbleverse Reply with quote

I've only read an overview of the concept of a bubbleverse, as expounded by Budd Hopkins and Carol Rainey in their latest book, Sight Unseen. Their book attempts to explain the UFO abduction experience in terms of quantum physics and does a good job at drawing parallels between modern theory and modern hyperbole.

I think it's interesting and would explain a lot of phenomena that's been recorded through the ages for which we have no real scientific data or explanation:

déja vu
UFO abductions (travel between the places where dimensions touch)
disappearing objects (or - why the clothes dryer eats my socks)
teleportation

etc.

Of course, theories are theories, but as far as this one goes, I find it interesting enough and am open-minded enough to consider the possibility, if not the probability. I think we're limited by our senses, and there may be a lot out there. We're just barely getting our minds around dark matter.
Dave's not here

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Are we just blowing bubbles in the bathtub? Reply with quote

I gotta stop reading this stuff!I gotta go lay down,and I'm almost outta pills
CALL THE DOCTOR?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Klatu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Bubble-verse Reply with quote

Re:Inconvenient facts

It's difficult for me to say that this theory is valid. No mathematical proof is offered so it appears to be just a mental exercise, that I have no problem with.
It's equally difficult for me to say that this 'theory' is original... it's not. Since it offers no proof or premise it is simply a hypothysis that is in dire need of evidence.
String 'theory' requires at least 11 dimensions to operate... hell while we're at it let's throw in a few extra dimensions for good measure. All of this hooey I esteem as mental masterbation until one repeatable experiment opens the door and allows the probability to be greater than zero. Until then it must be content to rest at zero. As Tom Bearden would say 'You only have to find one white crow to prove not all crows are black'. The new hadron collider may offer some evidence to this effect. I can't wait!

Re: Guest
A 'guest' asked 'if the universe was expanding into nothing?' This is a very well thought out question however the exact answer is as yet unavailable. i belive there is no such thing as nothing... only in math.
I really like the thoughts of Kurt Gobel (Einstein's mathmatician friend) who proposed the nature of black holes. This entire universe we live in could be nothing but a black hole to an observer on the outside of this universe. Our universe as we know contains other black holes which may serve as one way or two way exits to all the other 'universes'. If this is the case then Mr. Kaku simply used Godel's thoughts in his own fantasy. Godel at least offered mathematical proof up to the point where the numbers became infinite. Albert hated infinite numbers.
Even at the point where we can traverse space and time at will to discover all the other universes through black hole doors are we then just mice like creatures that live in a rather large swiss cheese wheel? What would be left to discover? What would be wonderful and mysterious to us? Would we then say "Is that it? Is that all there is?" then i'm glad I will not see that day.

K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: