TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Why do/donīt men like women?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do men most like about women?
Character
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Look
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Social situation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Why do/donīt men like women? Reply with quote

Hi all!

This year I had a relationship with a guy, that I was together with years ago. Both times it didnīt last very long, 2 months each, to be exact. Everytime he broke up. Before we met for the second time, he contacted me and we started dating each other. After those 2 month he broke up and I felt used by him. I got so mad at me, I felt he had trapped me twice and I fell for him.

I know, that not every man is the same, but I keep asking myself: What is it, that attracts the guys first, I mean generally? Is it the look of a woman, the character, her social situation? And what makes him change his mind after a month or two? Or am I so shallowbrained?

Last edited by Bermudagirl on Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
lg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: men/women Reply with quote

Good questions, BG...

It is my personal opinion that most men (not all) operate on the mental and physical levels. In this half of the circle, women are puzzles to figure out (do we want to redo a puzzle we've already finished once?), boxes to be opened (there are just so many surprises one can cram in a single box), mechanisms to be experimented (can I crack the code?), and something pretty to place on their arms (should always be an attractive ornament...).

Women, I feel, operate on the emotional and spiritual levels; in this half of the circle, we look for love (never give up!), seek the soulmate (somewhere out there...), cure the afflicted wound (he's been hurt so many times....), try to 'love' someone into happiness and wholeness (stay with me, baby, and I'll make you the happiest person in the world. Nobody loves ya betta!). This makes men possible husbands, challenges, children, and psycological experiments.

Neither of these scenarios are very good, but have been a societal standard for a long time. Maybe if both sexes began operating from an individual wholeness...that is to say, a man looking for a woman, a woman looking for a man... who is physically their style, emotionally a helpmate, a mental equivalent, and a similarly spiritually aware person, the other stuff would pass away?

(In fairness, I mean these things in any relationship, not just men/women) I don't think most of us go into new relationships with the whole exam in front of us. We make do with one or two fulfilments, and figure the rest will come later. Or we suddenly walk out. Unfortunately this 'settling for less' usually gives exactly that.
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, guys!! No one else interested in this?
joalis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know. On the surface it seems like they go for looks. I think that's the initial attraction. Character counts for something only when they've known each other long enough to get a feel for that.
rela

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tim in his book where he says that men look at weemen as they do cars.They all look at ferraries,first,but,eventualy,they all buy a truck and went up with a station wagon...
More_Power

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly?

I believe most Men go for Looks....Face...Hair , Breast Size, Curves

But i believe that they have to like that persons personality...or it just couldn't work.
But i think the first thing That crosses Mens mind when looking at Women is looks.

Personally, In a relationship , id have to be with some one who actually had a personality and some one intelligent....but again , i do think looks are important , and you do need to be attracted to your partner physically.
Samantha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to agree with More_Power but i do think it depends on the guy and what he likes.
rela

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course.Men always aproach on the looks,then smarts.
But,it also depends on the girl if she likes him.I belive that there must be a both side conection.
hossie88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in school last year a woman came to talk to the girls about makeup and posture !!!!! basically all about how to look your best !!!!!!! anyway she told us that it has been proven that most men are attrated to womens personality more than looks and that most women are attracted to mens looks more than their personality !!!!! i found that very interestin !!!!!!!! to be honest i go for their personality 1st then their looks !!!!!! but thats just me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: