TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

memory
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: memory Reply with quote

Since its pretty widely accepted (that) the mind and body act together via physics, do you think fear...a very real energy...can create physical reality? I don't mean by our reacting to life with fear, but the 'invisibleness' of fear having a route to take outward, from our minds to our bodies?
lg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: rephrased Reply with quote

Do you think emotions...fear, love, hate, joy, wonder, etc...have the ability to follow neural pathways and physically affect the body? Are these emotions like our physical hearts, with an electrical impulse that flows out, or are they magnetic, drawing inward? Are emotions only invisible sensors, or are they reality? What do you think is their ultimate purpose?
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think fear is a survival mechanism. I think all emotions create chemical reactions that are beneficial to our bodies and survival in some way. Excessive anger and fear can have negative effects, which make it a good thing we have sophisticated enough brains to keep ourselves in check!
Kat_L

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joalis wrote:
I think fear is a survival mechanism. I think all emotions create chemical reactions that are beneficial to our bodies and survival in some way. Excessive anger and fear can have negative effects, which make it a good thing we have sophisticated enough brains to keep ourselves in check!

You know how we only use a small portion of our brains? (or at least scientists believe we are only using a small portion). I often wonder what a fully functioning brain would mean for humanity. Would we be smarter, more emotional, less emotional, ..etc
lg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: emotions Reply with quote

yes, and if we only use a small portion of our brains, would we be able to SEE the quantum things, if our brains were more developed? Science fiction becoming reality?
Canadienne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Seeing emotions? Reply with quote

Ig,

My mother claimed to be able to do just this. She said that she could see people's emotional states in their auras. For instance, she once saw a friend get very angry at someone and observed a burst of reddish brown color emanate from about the area where his adrenal glands were.
lg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: memory Reply with quote

So, would one consider the 'astral' state quantum?
Rian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think emotions such as fear, love, sadness, hate, etc are a seperate clasification from electrical impulses of the brain and body organs just like your sense of smell is not the same thing as your sense of touch. They are an entity all to themselves that exist to help guide our thoughts and actions. No man is without fear just like no man is without a heart.

Not everything that exists in our physical reality is something we can see or touch. I'm not saying emotion is in relation to religion or God, they just have the same basic ideas. Every man searches for a higher meaning even if they can't see it, just like every man experiences love even if they can't see it.

As for the matter of what humans would be like if we used our entire brains, it's hard to say. Physically, would an increase of electrical impulses to more parts of our brain lead to an increase of body performance in all areas? Or would it overload us? Theory in this area can step into the realm of fantasy, but nothing is beyond the impossible when it comes to something we don't understand.
TimAllen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am startled to discover each day the myriad of fears that rule my reality. One by one I challenge myself to face them so they do not materialize as damage to my physical side.
lg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

Sometimes, I am confused by our terminology. We call Fear an invisible, but it can manifest so much, so rapidly, I'm not sure it belongs on the emotional plane with some other things. You can see Fear in someones eyes...on anothers' face...in their body's movement...so I wonder how 'invisible' it truly is.....and is 'stress' an offshoot of Fear?
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: lg Reply with quote

I don't think fear belongs on the same plane as other emotions either. I think other emotions (sadness and anger) are probably offshoots of fear. As for stress, I think it's an offshoot sometimes, but other times, I'm not so sure. I get stressed out, frustrated and easily provoked around a lot of noise and distraction. That's not so much fear as it is a sensory integration thing.
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:
I am startled to discover each day the myriad of fears that rule my reality. One by one I challenge myself to face them so they do not materialize as damage to my physical side.

I'm sure I should do the same thing with my anger.
Canadienne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Sensory Integration Reply with quote

Joalis,

You mentioned sensory integration issues. If you do in fact have sensory integration dysfunction, there are things that you can do to increase your tolerance for certain types of stimuli and make yourself feel much better. You might want to find an occupational therapist who specializes in SI to give you an evaluation and recommend some therapy.

DSI also raises the interesting point that what one person considers perfectly harmless stimuli can provoke fear/anger in another, just because of the way a particular person's brain is "wired". Makes you think about the subjective nature of fear/anger....
Canadienne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: fear Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:

And what frightens you, Tim?
joalis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sensory Integration Reply with quote

Canadienne wrote:
Joalis,

You mentioned sensory integration issues. If you do in fact have sensory integration dysfunction, there are things that you can do to increase your tolerance for certain types of stimuli and make yourself feel much better. You might want to find an occupational therapist who specializes in SI to give you an evaluation and recommend some therapy.

DSI also raises the interesting point that what one person considers perfectly harmless stimuli can provoke fear/anger in another, just because of the way a particular person's brain is "wired". Makes you think about the subjective nature of fear/anger....

Thanks. I don't think I'd have time to go see someone about it, but I'll see if I can find anything online about what I can do to increase tolerance for noise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: