TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Perhaps I am dumb, but.....?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.C.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Perhaps I am dumb, but.....? Reply with quote

Okay, I know sometimes I look at things too black and white, but since there are all these stupid terrorist attacks happening in London and around the world, could some one tell me what do these morons think they are getting out of this?

For example, in America, after 9/11 all they managed to do was tick off a country of over 350 million people, and have us go after their allies like mice after cheese.

I can't even believe the London bombings. We are talking about a country that has, not only survived invastions from well....EVERYONE; including Nazis, bombing them silly....What did these inbred idiots think they were going to get bombing one little old subway?

In anyone's memory have these knuckleheads every gotten ANYTHING they have claimed they wanted from acts of violence?

My husband says "yes". He feels they have made a point, because they want us to look over our shoulders. Hell, I am a femaie who use to work the night shift. I was BORN looking over my shoulder!

What do you all think?
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I knew! The only point I see them making is that they are stupids little people who think they can scare us all to death. Didn't work! Now people who are looking over their shoulders, won't let anyone get away from something like this. I hear that the people in the subway, saw the man will the backpack, and told police where he went. The only reason I have the job I have is because of 9-11....but I don't see anything happening like that again, people on a plane would never let it happen again. The thing I don't understand, is that they say they do it in Gods name. Since when does God want us to kill each other?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lynx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand it at all. I don't understand how blowing yourself and other people up has anything to do with religion. Is it to get the masses to question their respective governments?
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynx that is what I mean....It is sort of like when someone killes people at an abortion clinic and then uses the bible as ther defense. Did they miss that part of it that says "Thou shall not kill?"

I just think that most of these extremists don't really care what kind of violence they cause. I keep thinking would they have done this if they really understood the kind of stress they put every middle east person through. I am embarrassed to tell you what kind of b.s. most Americans put the average person of middle eastern desent through just here in Arizona, after 9/11.

Is that what they wanted? I just don't get it. What a wast of life, effort and supplies to do something so stupid.
lynx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am embarrassed to tell you what kind of b.s. most Americans put the average person of middle eastern desent through just here in Arizona, after 9/11.

I am positive that it's not just Americans. It is just as bad here too, unfortunately. I realise that not all muslims are extremists, not all people of middle eastern descent living here are muslims, however, we do have an outspoken muslim leader who is making an absolute dickhead of himself (can i say that here?) by condoning the right of the killings. It's people like that who p*** me off most.
Canadienne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: What do they get out of it? Reply with quote

Before I add my two cents worth, isn't this supposed to be a POSITIVE forum?

Anyways, I believe the original question was, what do terrorists get out of the acts they commit?

IMHO, so long as we have marginalized young men in this world, we will have potential terrorists, just waiting to be recruited by whoever, for whatever "cause".

Most of these suicide bombers are young men who grew up under totalitarian governments and stifled centrally-controlled economies. These are not upwardly mobile societies, and these young men typically come from poor families, and have no higher education and limited opportunities. They feel like they just don't matter at all in this world.

These poor creatures are looking for some kind of meaning to their existence, some validation, some feeling that they really matter. All it takes is for someone representing some "movement" or "cause" of some kind to come along and convince them that doing a particular act of violence will allow them to die a hero's death and get a special place in heaven.

We've all seen otherwise intelligent people get swept up by various cults, even in this country, and commit bizarre behaviors that are harmful to themselves and others in the name of spirituality. I don't really see a big difference between a terrorist organization and a cult. They both prey on the weak, those who are desperately in search of identity and a sense of spiritual connection. They give them a feeling of brotherhood, purpose and righteousness. They get them to do hideous things in the name of decency.

I don't know enough about psychology to know how exactly this all works. It would appear, however, that it certainly does. It seems that if you find the right person at the right desperate time, you can convince them to do almost any horrible thing and feel that it was absolutely the right thing to do.

I feel just as sorry for the suicide bombers as for the victims. These men obviously had nothing else to live for. It's their so-called "leaders" that I despise. Sad
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that I should have put this in the big question forum, but i was reading something else here, and I wasn't thinking....Please forgive me.

I guess what gets me here is that there has to be a more construtive way for these guys to get some of their demands with out taking out a city block?

And please forgive me again, but I came from a family of dirt poor farmers. My grandfather made sure all his daughters married white men, so they would have a better life. When that didn't work, one of his daughters kicked out her abusive spouse, worked her tush off, and got an education. By the time my mother was in high school, she had her own buisness, and did well in the community. (Folks we are talking about a American Indain woman in the 1950's.) So I just can not use the blanket of "oh we don't have anything"....It's a big world out there. Go get it legally.

Okay, I have ranted enough.
lg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

KC, I had mentioned your same concern, different words, in another post. I understand what you are asking. As well, Canadienne, I understand what your reply was about. All of these things we see are facets of the same little space on Earth, I think.

My biggest 'deal' is concern about anyone who allows themselves to be another's "Master", and the one's who need to have such. That is scary, scary stuff. So, personally, I will be grateful when this Bin Laden creep is taken off the radar. Then, someone...probably the Muslims...need to see to these people who follow such a person. Same can be said for many in our country, in terms of our kids today.

We have a lot of ground to cover.
lynx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to look at the positive, you need to see the negative. Whilst there are people promoting hate, like i was trying to point out, there will not be any kind of resolution to this.

Now, if you ask about the positive, hopefully there are people that will make a majority to stop the people condeming the intense hatred.

Out of all bad things come some good

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: very politically incorrect Reply with quote

...but sort of funny. Sorry.

Two Middle East mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a pint of goat's milk. The older of the mothers pulls her bag out and starts flipping through pictures and they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son Mohammed. He's 24 years old now"
"Yes, I remember him as a baby" says the other mother cheerfully.
"He's a martyr now though" mum confides.
"Oh, so sad dear" says the other.
”And this is my second son Kalid. He's 21"
"Oh, I remember him," says the other happily, "he had such curly hair when he was born".
"He's a martyr too" says mum quietly.
"Oh gracious me ...." says the other.
"And this is my third son. My baby, my beautiful Ahmed. He's 18", she whispers.
"Yes" says the friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first started school".
"He's a martyr also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.
After a pause and a deep sigh, the second mother looks wistfully at the photographs and says...
"They blow up so fast, don't they?"
K.C.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly P.C., but I hate to admit it, I laughed. It kind of makes a point doesn't it?

Keep losing all those young men Osama, and you won't have any one else to do your bidding. Oh darn.
SB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Resource for the Question Reply with quote

Check out:

http://memri.org/index.html

SLB
D. Rice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Very Politically Incorrect Reply with quote

I laughed too. Can't wait to tell my daughters (whatsername & whatsername) at dinner tonight. Too Funny.

With regard to the K.C's original: Upon reading Canadianne's post I suddenly became aware of my head bobbing up and down so that must mean I agree with her/him/it (I think K.C's a her). In addition, I've come to believe that the United States has become rather gluttonous and that we may have taken Capitalism - not democracy - a bit too far when it comes to the element of profiteering. I have a hunch the young men in Canadianne's response don't just envy our standard of living, they feel exploited by our pursuit of profit at the expense of other less developed countries.

Back in the 40's it was China, then Tiawan & Japan that made the Widgits for ten cents a piece so we could sell them for ten dollars a piece. Then it was South Korea that made em while the Dole Pinapple company bought out the whole country of Hondorus, prompting the phrase "Banana Republic". Then came South Korea and Mexico and most recently the people of the Philippines who work for dirt cheap so we can have a toaster in every kitchen.

Our defense budget is so vastly disproportionate to our humanitarian efforts in the world. The Israelis receive billions (BILLIONS!) of dollars and our absolute, unequivocally blind support while they bomb and strafe young rock-throwing adolescents and elect Arial Sharon - a war criminal in my eyes due to massacres at Shattilla and Sabre refugee camps - as their leader. Egypt also receives billions (BILLIONS!) and they are hardly a democracy given 30 or so years of martial law and only one man on the voting ballot.

We have about 4% of the worlds population and consume about 27% of the worlds natural resources and.. and.. (come on D. Rice, get ahold of yourself) We need to give more and consume less.

Whew thanks, I feel better.

D.
Sophie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: I agree... Reply with quote

Hey, D.Rice, I totally agree with you. I mean, sometimes I just don´t understand human beings. Why do people start making the same mistakes over and over again? I´m from Germany. Our history is not exactly something to be proud of (just think of the holocaust..) but at the same time, people today make the same stupid mistakes all over again, instead of learning from history! Hitler started a war because of people having the "wrong" confession and killed thousands of jews. Nowadays people also kill other people for religious reasons. I simply cannot understand this. Why do people kill others just because they´re different? Why do they kill people because of capitalism?? I just don´t get it.

Greez, Sophie
Quote:
"Human beings can be awfully cruel to one another"(Huck Finn)
K.C.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sophie, first of all the Holocost was not the act of Germans but of Nazis, Crimanals who happened to live in Germany. And let me tell you America was not too kind to it's Americans from Japan decent. Talk about history that I am not too proud of....

And while I get tired of my country of spending Billons to help out countries that do aas much bad stuff as the ones we attack and claim it was "for thier own good", I am just tired of stupid. But then again who isn't?

Oh, and I am a woman. A tired, middle aged, salt and pepper haired, overwieght woman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: