TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

mars the planet in the future

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deafpower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: mars the planet in the future Reply with quote

i read that the people might move to mars the planet in the future. i think it seem like scare.
what if mars are failed?
i have been imagine what there like in mars.
who prefer move to different planet or earth?

deafpower Cool
Chris_Huth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, before we move to the mars, maybe colonise, we must colonise a little bit the moon, to learn how about we live in Space. To learn, what the daily problems in space.
We need many Information for the daily living in space or on an another surface.
The first needful step in space is moon.
deafpower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhh but if there is no air we need breathe but if we live on the moon we have to carry oxygen stuff all the time.
imagine when we live on the moon we could see the earth i guess it would be beautiful views.

deafpower (",)
MalcQV

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be possible to create an atmosphere on the moon, though not over night!
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/feb98/887133573.As.r.html
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't seem to get it right here on Earth....would we want to start on another planet? Until we can learn to get along here, maybe we shouldn't try to colonise another planet, just yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MalcQV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, if that is the case, unfortunately I doubt we will ever colonise another planet. I believe half this planet's issues are due to over crowding.
Chris_Huth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way for an atmosphere solution on the moon is, we make a big bubble gum balloon around it and fill it with oxygen ;o)
sassylassy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Let's take care of what we've got, first Reply with quote

I think that all of this colonization talk is interesting - that's how man reaches beyond himself and invents things, but... and it's a big But.

Colonization of any planet that would even be close enough to consider (Mars and our own moon) would be hideously expensive. More expensive than any space program or infrastructure program we've ever attempted. In order to justify the cost, only people who are "insiders" would even be allowed to go, and it would be like living on a spaceship. Each pioneer would have to be educated and skilled enough to help maintain this artificial environment - which means only the most gifted scientists and medical personnel would be allowed to attempt it. Colonization would be more in line with creating a space station - not a place for communities to exist. Even if you could somehow overcome problems like lack of water and atmosphere, you would just be bringing the same problems from earth that we haven't solved yet: care of the environment, problems with community hierarchies and class systems, crime, mental health problems, etc. Basically - when you run away from home, you take your problems with you. Same sh*t - different environment.

I think we'd be better off spending that kind of money on learning how to take care of our planet and dealing with global warming, overpopulation, crime, and poverty. http://www.marswest.org/perspective14.html
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The film Total Recall comes to mind...
SLB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Kim Stanley Robinson Reply with quote

Red Mars, Green Mars and Blue Mars. Three books. From science to politics to economics to.....well, just SO well thought through!

Great books on Mars terraforming and colonization by Kim Stanley Robinson!

SLB
deafpower

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard that rich man, he want flew over the mars planet for a hoilday and would gave them million money i think he is stupid man because it is not ready yet and what if he go there , never wonder if there are lots of risks. i can't imagine it in the future i think it seem scared,i wanna stay in earth also i heard about comet would hit earth in the future, i worry about it but i know it not exactly true. Confused

deafpower (",)
ufofruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: colonizing Mars Reply with quote

Earth is alive.It cleans itself.Eventually ,if not right now,she will start cleaning things up and we're going to be in trouble. She has done this for millions of years.
Take a gander at what kind of junk we left on the Moon,floating around our planet,and shot into Space. We are worse that any animal when it comes
to being destructive.
Personally I don't think GOD will allow us to go beyond this planet.
hossie88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly think it wil never happen maybe in another few thousand years but not in this centry or the one after that or after that !!!!!
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminded me of Star Trek First Contact (great movie!)
Crew members telling Mr. Cochran (developed the warp engine), a man from the past, that in the future there will be millions of people living on the moon. He even names the cities up there. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: