TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fear derailed Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
When you see someone lending a helping hand with a difficult situation. Sometimes, however, the fear has to subside enough to notice. It can be noticed, and thanks are stronger.

This makes me think of things like breaking up fights, not cleaning the house. I guess there are people who fear cleaning the house though.
There are people who fear helping, because they aren't sure their help is needed or would be appreciated.
lg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

Joalis, thanks for bringing up the fear-belief question.

I was referring to a more ordinary type of reaction, when I wrote that. Not the big hurrahs necessarily, but the daily things we do. I didn't mean FEAR+PRESENCE versus BELIEF+ABSENCE, though it reads that way. Thanks for pointing that out.

In terms of 'cowards' and 'heros', daily I see this when I'm out and about. People too afraid to say something (fear of retribution), and people who will (belief in fairness), and the like. An example: When the first hurricane hit, our gas prices shot up (in one afternoon) $1.50 more/gallon than norm. Gouging. The owner of the gasoline station is a recent immigrant. He was asked by someone in the payment line if "America had been good to him". He smiled and said, "Oh, yes, America has been very good to me." The person replied, "Then why are you taking advantage of the people who are helping you?" True story. In my mind, this person had the belief he was making a fair statement, even though he may have been afraid of speaking up. If he had not believed his comment, he would have been silent. So, that's what I meant by "not the presence of fear, but the absence of belief" comment. For me, heros and cowards come in many, many forms.
Jan Stolz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: fear Reply with quote

I have not been afraid of anything since age 10, the time of my first spiritual awakening. Make no mistake, I'm not trying to interject any religious message; make light of the situation or project false bravado; I'm just not afraid.

And don't confuse this overwhelming sense of dread with the cautionary warnings of everyday life. Irrational fear is a time wasting, usless emotion, yet it overpowers some people to the point of helplessness.

When your eyes are opened, you can see how silly many of the "problems" of modern life really are.
Me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know. Maybe thats gonna sound crazy, cos im maybe way too young for that, but... well, maybe youll just let me... share ^^
well, im almost 15 and i was pretending not to be afraid of anything, and thats what i kinda still do. you know, on the whole i guess i am not afraid of the "big things" like death, or so. Well, you know, im kinda afraid of spiders,... but.... guess thats natural ^^ lol
I mean, for about two years now, i know that im scared, very scared. Scared of the truth. Coz for about 2 years now, im in love. Crazy, cos i really like that guy, but im just afraid of telling him. SINCE 2 YEARS!!!
As i said, im afraid of, that he could tell hes not in love with me and then just dissapear. well, .... ^^ just wanted t mention that ^^ haha^^ lol
rela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Fear Reply with quote

This is very powerful subject for me.I hate fear.But it's good for us.Imagine you have no fear.You wouldn't have any reactions,you could jump of abridge,and you wouldn't feel anything (emotionally).I just couldn't imagine that.Too scary.( Very Happy ) There.Fear.In some way...
Me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess u would feel something after hitting the ground. ouch... dont wanna think about that... uhhh
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Fear Reply with quote

rela wrote:
This is very powerful subject for me.I hate fear.But it's good for us.Imagine you have no fear.You wouldn't have any reactions,you could jump of abridge,and you wouldn't feel anything (emotionally).I just couldn't imagine that.Too scary.( Very Happy ) There.Fear.In some way...

That's why you always need to look after small children.. some of them don't fear anything because they just can't judge the danger they're in....
rela

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can say that again!My niece is 10 months old,and she can walk,but you still must hold her.And she is so hyperactive,and she always runs!And you must watch her every move,what she puts i her mouth,where's she going...I'm glad I don't have a kid!Yet...
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what I meant! plus when they're a little older... they might want to jump of the swing set or anything else on the playground cause they're not scared Laughing
Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scary...
one day, when i have a kid myself i'ma put it on a leash... Very Happy
but that is WAAAAAAAY in the future Very Happy
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture! Wait until it growls at you! Laughing
Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess i don't even wanna think about it Very Happy
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? You could throw it a bone Twisted Evil
Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea right Very Happy and if i had a boy he waved his tail

hehe Very Happy
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Don't call him Bernhard!!! He might start drooling all over the place!
And Jack Russel could be really annoying!!! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: