TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hosting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Hosting Reply with quote

Tim, we have been knocking around the Oscar televised program, and many of us feel you would be an excellent host. I've always concluded it was 'an honor' to be asked to do such hosting, but are you interested in taking it on, and have you ever been asked? L.
K.C.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for the others on the site, but I for one would love to write or email whoever to ask if you could host.
TimAllen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been asked but do consider it an honor. I also feel it might be better served as a non-televised business awards event, as it was in its early days. If one considers Films and Movies art- it does seem a bit odd to judge such things in a public event. Imagine an award for the best painting of the year?
lg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Oscars Reply with quote

Interesting point...art/vs.??? Popularity? I'm intrigued by this; I've never understood studios pushing their movies like produce. 'This is the best apple in a group of apples we received that came out of Washington state!' Another one of those hyped-up situations that is very nearly portrayed as life or death. 'Who will win this years' Oscar for...? It isn't that I don't think the award is worth a lot to the person who wins it, just that I'm curious about how the cards are stacked. Some of the most entertaining films never see the carpet.

Going back to the way things used to be done...we both know that will never happen. Too much cash passing hands around the circle in the ceremony, but I understand and appreciate your point of view. However, having someone host the ceremony with some dignity and understanding of 'the way it used to be' would certainly be refreshing. (I do vote for you.) Mass Media is very plastic. As are the faces, the bodies, the gowns, etc. etc. etc. I long for the days when a Movie Star actually earned that title. To hell with the personal life; that's not what acting was originally about. We are too informed of the inconsequential, as far as Hollywood goes, and not given enough information about substance, in terms of the 'art' of it.

I do think acting/making believe/writing/directing/filming is an art. Some are very good at it, some are very bad. But I don't believe the balance exists anymore for it to be a 'pure' form.

For members, ABC is the network for the Oscars until 2008, Oscar.com is the site for them, for those who wish to mention Tims name, for hosting.
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, Ig.

Tim, the Best.

Asunción, Paraguay
lynx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will never happen, although you can never say never. It's all about the cash and the outfits. the movies themselves seem to rate a 2nd at the least to the 'fashions' on the red carpet. This was the second year where there was actually an hour special before the awards ceremony itself started where they concentrated only on the red carpet fashions. Are the movies themselves being lost? Are the Oscars becomming a LA Fashion Show?
lg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

You received only an hour there in Australia? We had nothing else but that for at least four hours, over here!! Tired of it, before the show ever aired! And I think that's what Tim was talking about, in terms of judging
art. I think Hollywood should just have a red carpet show for fashion, alone. That would get all of that out of the way for those who seriously enjoy film and understand Oscars' actual and original meaning....

Tim would be so eloquent with this show...I just 'feel' it, you know?
lynx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an hour was too much. To be honest, i really don't give two hoots as to what people wear. To me, it's an awards night for a select few in a fairly closed industry that has nothing to do with fashion. I just don't get what the fuss is about. Isn't it about acting?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: