TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Alternate power distribution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Alternate power distribution Reply with quote

I'm not a scientist and I'm a bit slow at grasping new technologies. I am trying to figure out why are we still utilizing the power grid system?
Is it government control of the masses? Why must the consumer resort to generating a private supply of electricity if they desire an alternate power supply?
I guess I ask these questions as I'm fed up with 'the power company'. I want to unplug my house and go solo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Free energy... hell yes! Reply with quote

Kp,

In the 1900's Tesla proved that there were enormous reserves of electricity everywhere, all that was required was the appropriate curcuit for receiving that energy. The power that he extracted was from all the thunder and lightning storms that are constantly present in the world, these storms trasmit radio signals that can be received and collected to perform work.
His most exciting invention was the transmitter station he constructed at warden cliff in NY state. It transmitted a standing wave into the ionisphere which not only dispersed the effect but amplified the returning power to any level desired. When JP Morgan (who was funding the project) learned that once the transmitter was turned on there was no way to bill people for it's use... he pulled the funding and black balled Tesla so that other investors would not fund him.
If that invention was fully utilized things would be much different today.

The current cabala that hold the reins of power do not want the gereral public to know how electrical power is produced, other than by conventional means. Even in classic electrical engineering there is no assumption as to where the potential difference comes from initially, it is just asssumed that when a magnet cuts across a conductor the majic of electron flows occurs.... but where did the majic come from? the conductor or the magnet?

There are many inventions in the last century and this one that produce more electricity that what it takes to run the curcuit. There is currently a government restriction on such inventions called "title 35" that is used under the guise on national security to snatch the invention from the market place. The reason for this is plain, it would at this time upset the profits of the oil companies and inturn all the other market values.

When the oil runs out there will be an unleashing of these devices to the public... probably not in our lifetime.

Photovoltaics are the only allowed free energy device on the market today, which requires a host of batteries to store the excess for cloudy days. You need to live in one of the sunshine states to make it pay off.

I'm glad to see you asking the deep questions, maybe now we are just waking up to the obvious... it only took 100 years.

K
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed studying Nikola Tesla. 100 years ago he dared to invent wireless electricity - to perfect a means for individualization and isolating the energy transmitted...to provide free energy to the world. I read many debates that his ideas were flawed and that his Wardenclyffe Tower research was dubbed 'Teslas million dollar folly'. Right or wrong, he was onto something and his ideas sparked new ideas. Teslas principles are currently being implemented by a U.S. military project in Alaska...Project HAARP which targets a different objective. HAARP is being used to study ionospheric effects on radio communication.

Generating alternate power is common knowledge, but the masses are programmed to accept that it is viable, but costly.
I say BULL! It is NOT costly. A quick search on the internet shows the average grade school student how to make a solar oven to a solar hot water tank. I remember when I was 11 my dad went solar crazy on us in Alaska. He refused to 'hook up' to the grid system that year. We even had a well for our water. Of course it did help that my dad is a genius and a master at fabricating anything he sets his mind to. He did teach me that there are 2 ways to turn light into electricity...directly(photovoltaic conversion) and indirectly(thermal conversion). He also taught me that once the costs of the investments are covered, the energy produced is practically free.
I haven't even touched on the other renewable energy... wind energy.

Would our society accept the concept of free(after the initial investment) renewable energy as our main power source?
Is our society ready to make the change and TRY to make the power grid system a secondary system?
Japan is the solar energy market leader. Is that a big surprise? To me, NO.
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to my questions... The U.S. Patent Office has classified over 3,000 patent devices or applications under the secrecy order, Title 35, U.S. Code (1952) Sections 181-188.
If we invent it and try to patent it, 'they will come'.
It seems that if we want change we have to do it quietly.
The technology exists and is being supressed. Again, am I surprised? NO. I've been reading about numerous inventors having difficulties obtaining patents for their work. Then the problems that follow, government interference with their work. Thank God for the internet as some of the information is getting published.
So now the new question... Must society resort to private distribution of free energy inventions?

Last edited by KatieSandstrom on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Free energy Reply with quote

Kp,

Re: "free energy'
Websites you may like to explore:
http://www.free-energy.cc/background.html
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/1287/
http://depalma.pair.com/
http://www.amasci.com/freenrg/fnrg.html#swt
http://www.cheniere.org/
http://www.phact.org/e/z/freewire.htm

Each site has something to contribute to learning about energy collection and it's practical uses.
What needs to be rethought is not connecting the load directly to the source, this destroys the magic dipole (positive&negative) that makes the magic to begin with.
The common light bulb produces more heat than it does light, so why are we using it for light and not as a heater?
The reason for having ground (the third wire) in any circuit is to dump the excess electrical power back into the earth. Tesla's power shuttle curcuit shows that a number of appliances can be used with the output from other appliances if they did'nt dump their excess power to ground.

There is so much for the common person to understand and yet it should not be nessasary to have a degree in electrical engineering to come to the conclusion that something needs to be done about it.
Whether it's the appliance or the source or both if the industry does'nt do it the private citizen will they will lose out on their next cash cow.

Re: E.Grid
If terrorist wanted to hit this nation hard all thay have to do is distrupt the electrical grid... it falls like dominos and connects everybody.
Talk about national security failures on a major scale. They just seem to get it!

Re: Haarp
This is the Tesla amplified transmitter in action only they don't quite have it down to the science yet... they still need the chemtrails to probagate the radio signal, I think that they just don't believe that longitudinal interferometry actually works because they are operating from a 300 year old concept of electrical engineering.

K
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I continue this journey of research, I stumble onto things I grew up around...Alaska. I never questioned all of the 'research' facilities being built. I was even on the job site of many of these facilities that I'm now researching. Of course I called my dad to quiz him on his government contracts and what he constructed for the military. I also wanted to ignite the pondering spark within him. That's easy to do when it deals with fabrication, design, and alternate power supply.
From the Fairbanks Poker Flats to HAARP to the heavy military presence in Alaska we both speculate that they are doing more than researching the aurora borealis. I think HAARP is more than an amplified transmitter. I think they ARE researching the longitudinal scalar electromagnetic waves. I'm guessing to keep up with scalar electromagnetic weapons defense, electrogravitation, and scalar electromagnetic detection technology. Heck, if little ol' me is able to comprehend this stuff, then I can assume they are much more intelligent and have moved beyond the transverse electromagnetic waves research.
Things should get pretty interesting now that I've snagged my dad into the think tank.
Keep it comin Klatu, your input is greatly appreciated. This 'stuff' is fascinating, but complex. Thanks for the links. I hope others here have an opinion on this topic.
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternate power distribution Reply with quote

KatiePride wrote:
I'm not a scientist and I'm a bit slow at grasping new technologies. I am trying to figure out why are we still utilizing the power grid system?
Is it government control of the masses? Why must the consumer resort to generating a private supply of electricity if they desire an alternate power supply?
I guess I ask these questions as I'm fed up with 'the power company'. I want to unplug my house and go solo.

Solar power! What happened to the solar houses I learned about in the 70s? I guess some people are still going that route. The guy who cuts my hair is my age and his brother lives in one of the desert states in a house in the side of a hill and uses solar power. I wish I was that brave.
Hotrod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 50's there was an engine that ran on H2O (water). A big oilcompany, I won't mention names, bought the patent and "amde it disappear"... The major companies rule this world, and there's nothing a government can do about it. And I don't think they want to do something about it, major dollars/euro's.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Power for the people Reply with quote

Hotrod,

Quite right. Think of the global financial ramifications, of switching to an alternate power method. Our current economies are based on the value of oil. When the cost to produce is near zero, profits would not be the same. That alone would take some geting use to.
However if electric power companies could substitute their current generators for the zero point energy technology they would reap a windfall in profit... as long as the public did'nt notice or know the difference. Personally I can't wait for the time when the worlds oil runs out.

achristmasstory,
Unfortunately only those folks in the sun belt states can use the current solar technology and make it worth the investment.

K
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo ooo oooo....look what I stumbled onto...

POWER-GEN Renewable Energy
March 1-3, 2005
Las Vegas Hilton

POWER-GEN Renewable Energy brings together the renewable energy (wind, solar, hydro power, geothermal energy, ocean/tidal, and biomass), renewable fuels (biofuels, ethanol, methanol, and biodiesel), and emerging energy technology (hydrogen systems, fuel cells, microturbines and energy storage) sectors of the energy industry to discuss the key technical, regulatory, structural, economic and market issues impacting their commercial future. With a conference program featuring multiple tracks of sessions covering technologies and business issues, plus an exhibit floor showcasing the latest products, systems and services, POWER-GEN Renewable Energy is the industry's premier event covering all major aspects of the renewables market.

It's kinda pricey, but I'll start saving to at least get in to tour the booths. Dang, that's 10 days from now.

Klatu, many people in Alaska use solar power year round. If you're not hooked up to the grid you use a back up generator during winter to get through the extreme darkness and a energy efficient furnace to heat the house. I've noticed that when somebody builds a new house on their own, they usually build an energy efficient house from the foundation on up. There are a lot of unique and experimental homes up there. Especially when you get outside of the city limits. Bottom line, if you rely on the power grid 100% in Alaska, you'll be paying a VERY high price for it in the winter months. We get very creative when it's -40F.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Mo power Reply with quote

Kp,

These sites are very useful for information and circuit developement.

http://www.free-energy.cc/background.html

http://jnaudin.free.fr/

I find Dr. Grays device the most interesting and useful.

K
joalis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Here's what I invested in... Reply with quote

http://www.ballard.com/

Here's some new Ballard news I just noticed:

Ballard Power Systems Announces Significant Advances in Fuel Cell Stack Technology
16th February, 2005
Ballard Power Systems (TSX: BLD; NASDAQ: BLDP) announced today significant progress in three areas crucial to the commercialization of automotive fuel cell stack technology– freeze start capability, durability and cost reduction – without compromising performance. Ballard scientists and engineers have demonstrated a stack design that can start repeatedly from -20 ° C (-4ºF) and operate for more than 2,000 hours at a substantially reduced cost with no performance tradeoff.
emrad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: De-centralized power distribution Reply with quote

Greetings all!
K although broadcasting free power Tesla-style would work, would not the generating station still cost in dollars and energy to run? To say nothing about the possibilities of interference to what is basically another application of that very same technology, radio. In these days of internet communication, email and blogs and so on, many two way radio mediums seem to be becoming ever less popular than once they used to be. But the radio spectrum is still there and is every bit the precious natural resource it always was, and it is more the ability of the medium to carry information, rather than just raw power that gets the wheels turning in the heads of us hams.
Conversely, quite a few utility companies, ever on the lookout to make the extra buck, it seems, are getting interested in the ability of their power-carrying lines to distribute information in the form of broadband internet, and are hooking up with ISPs to implement a technology called BPL (Broadband over Power Line), so the installation of a Tesla-style power generation plant may not be required for the radio spectrum to be threatened. There are a few BPL schemes being implemented and tested out there... but according to what I've read, only one or two of them do not pose the grave threat to the radio spectrum. The problem with trying to transmit information over power lines at radio frequencies (which is what they're doing), is that power lines are unshielded; so they basically radiate electromagnetic signatures of those frequencies out into space... like giant antennas, to interfere with any radio equipment that just happens to be using those same frequencies. But this arrangement also means that a BPL system would be just as likely to receive interference from nearby radio transmitters (a shame if a simple five Watt mobile unit could shut down internet service for blocks in every direction), and there are lots of radios in use out there. My opinion: to completely eliminate the interference threat, BPL infused power lines would have to be placed inside grounded subterranean conduits. Then again, my opinion is that whatever BPL can do to convey information, optical fiber can do better... way better, and without any threat of EM interference. Unfortunately, BPL is attractive because the communication lines, such as they are, are already up. There's a relatively small initial investment to contend with and, of course, the power companies rake in cash for providing the comm lines for the ISPs to use. The focus is on CHEAP... and "Oh, well... too bad about the pollution".
As far as generating power for the masses, I have always been fascinated with, and remain optimistic about the possibilities of photovoltaic power generation. While it's true that the technology is expensive, I believe that with increased usage and mass production the costs would come down. Just imagine if we had local distribution grids sort of like what we have now, but with no centralized generating points... if every rooftop of every building was covered with photovoltaic shingles and contributed to the grid. Areas shaded by clouds could be fed from other areas still in sunlight, and the power distribution system would be a more difficult target for terrorists to hit as well... sort of a "Borg" approach to power generation and use.
emrad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> New Discoveries All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: