TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

sequal for home improvement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emrad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: H I Movie Reply with quote

I too would love to see a H I movie. I think the big screen would be a great home for Home Improvement. The question is; why wouldn't Tim be able to do his Tool Time show from a studio in Indiana? I'm not sure how the Taylor family situation would evolve, but there seems to be a general consensus in these posts, and I agree, that it just would not be the same without Wilson. I was very saddened to hear about Earl Hindman passing. He brought so much humor and life to the show... the chemistry between his character and Tim's was really enjoyable. In the series, it seemed like no matter where Tim and his family went, there was Wilson, often making an appearance in the most unexpected places. If the Taylor family moved to Indiana, it seems only fitting that Wilson would show up there too. Earl Hindman could never, ever be replaced; then again, I think if they did do a HI movie, the character of Wilson would have to be there. It'd be a formidable challenge indeed to find an actor worthy of carrying on the role of Wilson. Edward Herrmann springs to my mind as someone who just possibly might be able to pull it off, but who knows? Can you imagine, just after having moved to Indiana, the look on Tim's face as a strangely familiar "Hi, ho, neighbor!" drifts across the fence?
Emrad
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letīs say Wilson died because of an accident or so, and let Willow marry and move into his house. I think sheīs a respectable replacement for Wilson. I coulnīt imagine the Taylor familiy anywhere else than in Michigan.
home_improvement_fan1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Movie Reply with quote

I don't think they should have a replacement for Wilson. A full length movie about what happened after the series ended would be AWESOME!!!! Does anyone know when a user's guide to home improvement or a true hollywood story: home improvement will be on tv again or if they are coming out on dvd or vhs? In my opinion, I don't think that they moved. I couldnt think of them being anywhere but Detroit. And Tim leaving Tool Time. That would just be kinda weird if they did that. I LOVE Home Improvement.
More_Power

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve P wrote:
"Good idea, but it was still up in the air whether they moved or not. No decision was made during the last episode. How would you include Wilson with Earl Hindman passing?
Rachael"

Although of course, Tim and Jill were last seen tugging the house along the river so we can probably assume they went. (Sorry! Wink )

Yup thats right ,They had decided to go....And they had a big send offf....then at Jill said... "I Never saw myself leaving this house!"

And tim answerd with his funny idea face "Maybe we dont have to leave the house"

then the last scene you see the house on the back of a truck which is on a boat lol

Rachel, there were 2 last episodes, it was a "2 Be Continued" maybe you saw the second to last one in which the idea was still in the air?
Rachael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the series finale on VHS. The boat was in a bubble because the Taylor's moving was an idea that Tim was thinking about. I believe that the cast and crew wanted the viewers to decide if the Taylors moved or not. I prefer to think that the Taylors stayed in Detroit and went about their lives.
More_Power

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Movie Reply with quote

home_improvement_fan1 wrote:
Tim leaving Tool Time. That would just be kinda weird if they did that..

That was fully decided.....And done, they decided to leave...but even if they would have stayed Tool time was done...they burnt down the set, it was time for a new adventure
Samantha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barbara wrote:
2 hour movie would work tho...

I'll have to agree there.
If they wanted to make a sequel, they should've done it a long time ago. There'd be no point to even make a whole 'nother show now since all the kids are out've the house and i wouldn't even call them kids anymore Wink

And to the series finale, i think it got dumb when Tim quit Tool Time. I rather had seen them end the show and just have one last goodbye episode. I must say the Indiana thing got me ticked off too because i mean HELLO!! Michigan makes Home Improvement!!
april_luv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tooltime53 for sharing the link information about home improvement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Home Improvement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: